• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

My field is trying to put some Eteks in the rental fleet and the owner said he'd trade me a PM8 for my Etek 3 lt. Good deal or no? And anything I should know about the PM8?
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#2 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Pm8 is a older gun, depending on condition of the pm8 I would do it
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#3 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Pm8 is a older gun, depending on condition of the pm8 I would do it

The etek 3 is only a year newer but has been in production longer.

The pm8 will be a little more finnicky but the features and what not are on par with each other. Etek will be much more efficient but much louder. The pm8 will be smoother.

Basically decide what you want a more reliable marker w/ efficiency or a better overall shot.

Edited by gamefreak054, 04 November 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Seeing as the PM8 is no different to the DM9, think carefully before you decide. Value wise its a bit in his favour, but you don't need to pay shipping and atleast have the security of knowing the guy and seeing the gun.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Do the eyes work? Unless the owner went to the trouble of jamming in wired eyes, it is a chronic problem. Besides that, sure...it's worth it if you want a spool and the condition is good imo.

#6 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

This is a tough one. Usually I would prefer the Etek3 on the field, but the PM8 is just history. It's one of the best markers Dye has ever made. The ribbon eyes can be problematic if you're an idiot and don't know that you need to be careful when you open up your marker, but other than that they're fine. They won't break unless you break them. The eyepipe is actually the main cause of concern. When I had my PM8, I cracked my eyepipe because I screwed my barrel too far in and put pressure on it. Make sure the barrel you have has one of those o-rings on it and be careful the first time you screw it in so you don't crack the eyepipe. Once you get a feel for it, you don't have to worry. The only other drawback to a PM8 is that the trigger sucks. The stock UL trigger is terrible, but you can get an Ironmen Reach trigger for it without paying too much. Also, some people like to tune their markers so "perfectly" that any change causes them to turn into finicky puffers that suffer massive dropoff. I strongly recommend setting the dwell to the stock 17 and zeroing the lpr, then raising the LPR until it just chronos at a reasonably consistent FPS, then turn the dwell up to 24-25. Remember the PM8 has a bolt with two tail o-rings to seal the firing chamber, so the main problems are a loss of max ROF, but that's nothing compared to the consistency you get.

In all, would I do it? If I could get a better trigger, and tune it myself the way I wanted to, probably. If I couldn't get a different trigger and wasn't confident that I wouldn't break the sucker, then no.

Edited by Lotus, 16 November 2012 - 11:03 AM.

Posted Image

#7 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

what he said ^ I get like +/- 3 or 4 over the chrono on my pm7
the pm8 is a rebodied DM 8
the etek three is a stripped down ego 5

you decide

I have an m7 and my friend has an etek, and we swapped guns for a game, lol needless to say he was impressed

I say get the pm8 it will be miles smoother and quieter. I'm biased towards spools but for good reason ;)

Also stay away from the techt bolt, way too picky

Edited by junits15, 26 November 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#8 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,801 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I used to have a PM8 and it was definitely a nice marker. However, I would take the Etek 3.

#fuckyouboltsailoring

40k-1.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users