Bought a Spire yesterday , it's great..

Posted Image

#5 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Whichever you think looks better on your gun/you can get the best deal on. They're all fantastic.

#6 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Whichever you think looks better on your gun/you can get the best deal on. They're all fantastic.

This. When you get to this high level of loader, asthetics should be the tie breaker.

#7 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

This. When you get to this high level of loader, asthetics should be the tie breaker.

Edited by darthp, 05 November 2012 - 12:10 PM.

FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#8 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Pick 2 things you really want in your loader and go from there.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#9 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Spire.

#10 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Can't go wrong with the Rotor or Z2. Never tried the Spire but have heard great things about it.

In the end,
It's personal preference. I haven't tried the Spire since I haven't had an issue with my Z2. :tup:

#11 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Its mostly preference what looks better they will all perform great. Although that z2 is reallllllllly nice

#12 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

When the Spire was introduced there was a lot of good buzz. The design is great, take down is a dream and Virtue is known for quality product and service. Now that people have purchased them and have used them for a while we are starting to hear some mixed reviews. Seems one-ballers like them a lot. Most speed-ballers have gone back to their Rotor....still do not see too many Z2s out there. My point is , as it has been in the past: Buy a ROTOR now or waste your money on something first, then buy a ROTOR.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#13 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Most speed-ballers have gone back to their Rotor....still do not see too many Z2s out there. My point is , as it has been in the past: Buy a ROTOR now or waste your money on something first, then buy a ROTOR.

Uuuuh... No... Still personal preference. I've used and played with my gf's Rotor I still prefer my Z2 a thousand times over her Rotor. Why? Because it feeds much more reliably and I don't mind the little bit of extra maintenance I have to do on my Z2.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying the Rotor sucks. However, it does have a slightly higher chance of jamming (even more if you don't know how to adjust the torque properly) and the anti-jam shark fine you got to admit sucks or does not work as well as the Z2's Rip Drive... Not to mention the Z2 comes with an auto anti-jam feature. Finally, I have yet to experience a jam with my Z2 and with reballs the Z2 will definitely out-perform the Rotor in terms of reliability of feeding.

Otherwise,
Yes the Rotor is a bit more durable than the Z2, idiot proof, much more efficient on batteries, and you can have a speedfeed + rainlid combo on those rainy days of gameplay. The little windows that allows you to monitor your paint on the Rotor is also a nifty feature.

Like I already said... In the end, it's personal preference.

#14 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

How does the rotor work with high quality paint? People say it jams a lot. All i shoot is evil, marbalizers, and other $90 per case paint at fields. THe condition of the paint is usually pretty good as well. So pretty much how does the rotor perform with good paint? WIll it still jam?

#15 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

How does the rotor work with high quality paint? People say it jams a lot. All i shoot is evil, marbalizers, and other $90 per case paint at fields. THe condition of the paint is usually pretty good as well. So pretty much how does the rotor perform with good paint? WIll it still jam?

Rotors are about 50/50.
I've used rotors that almost never jam, and I've used others that can't feed a pod though.
Never had a problem with my z2, I have yet to try a spire though.

#16 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

If you have your Rotor tuned up properly it will work pretty well. :tup:

#17 tatersinmytummy

tatersinmytummy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

I feel like the Pinokio should at least be mentioned. Sure it looks dumb, but its the lightest, can feed just as fast as the rest of them, and most of the time the cheapest. Honestly no one needs to feed 30bps or whatever is being advertised, most people only shoot 15. My pinokio hasn't let me down yet.

#18 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I feel like the Pinokio should at least be mentioned. Sure it looks dumb, but its the lightest, can feed just as fast as the rest of them, and most of the time the cheapest. Honestly no one needs to feed 30bps or whatever is being advertised, most people only shoot 15. My pinokio hasn't let me down yet.

Exactly.

Y u no pinokio :unsure:

#19 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

This should probably be in the newbie forum or equipment advice forum but i don't want to make a new thread. What will i need to adjust? Will it just be tension? How do i adjust the tension and know that it is at its correct setting?

#20 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Rotor
I like the spire but the rotors are on sale for $150 and I just prefer rotor over z2. Also, rotors are the easiest to take apart IMO.
Any of these including pinokio will do just fine.
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4
Proudly sponsored by Zephyr and Empire

#21 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

This should probably be in the newbie forum or equipment advice forum but i don't want to make a new thread. What will i need to adjust? Will it just be tension? How do i adjust the tension and know that it is at its correct setting?

Watch the video... Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw0nE9qtOIc

#22 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Do what he says in the video or back the screw further out. Play with it a little. The tension should be low enough so the rotor doesnt jam, but high enough you arent having feeding issues. I would put it flush or half a turn out from flush it worked fine when I had a rotor. To the OP, all of them are fantastic.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users