• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Knotthead17

Knotthead17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

So I just moved to Colorado, and I have a lot of trouble with my BL Supercharged Closer. It is one of the first guns to stop woking as the temp drops (mainly leaks out of the barrel). I am looking to replace it with a gun that will do well in the cold. Most important factors in order of importance for me are 1) quiet, 2) ease of maintenance, and reliable 3) price 4) efficiency (it's nice but not a must have).

One gun I've been thinking about is the Geo 3, does anyone know how it holds up in the cold yet?

Also, what's the smoothest/quietest poppit out right now?

Thanks!

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

It should be working fine in the cold... Did you try upping the dwell or adding FSDO. I have a feeling that may not be the issue though..

#3 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Geo 3 is a spoolie in the winter you may have problems with the cold on spoolies if you want it just make sure you use a thinner lube
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Smoothest Poppit is either a well tuned Ego 11 or a G6R if your going to be doing a lot of winter play i would recommend getting something along the lines of an etek? Bulletproof and you wont have to wory about the cold hurting it at all. Especially if you keep the closer for the summer time. Etek 3s can be had for say $300 and change. Personally I would not want to drag a 1500 marker out into the cold.

Just my 2 cents. Hope I helped

Edited by bigx, 05 November 2012 - 08:05 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Ive never had a trouble in the winter with my geo 2 (one of the beauties of it), I wouldnt doubt the geo 3 would be any different since im pretty sure they still use a pretty similar engine (in fact the original geo and geo 2 engines were swappable). My luxe on the other hand put up a total bitch fit tonight when I wanted to do a shooting video, even re-lubed it and still had a bit of bolt stick (30 degree weather).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users