• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Axe Wielder

Axe Wielder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I want to know what the best barrel there is? Yes there can be kits put in too. I have an axe so i want a super accurate barrel cuz i needed to shoot someone out of the snake but i could not deliver the shot because the stock barrel is not that accurate!! PLEASE HELP!!!! :P :D :lol: :rolleyes: <_< :) :( :excl: :tup: :ph34r:

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

The stock barrel works just fine. The barrel does not affect accuracy, you do, and your paint does. Leave the barrel alone and spend the money playing instead.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

The stock barrel works just fine. The barrel does not affect accuracy, you do, and your paint does. Leave the barrel alone and spend the money playing instead.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

A clean one.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

A clean stock barrel.

#6 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

If you want better accuracy, keep all your gear squeaky clean (inside of your hopper, pods, barrel, breach of the gun) and buy the best paint you can justify paying for. There isn't any data that proves that any barrel has a measurable benefit in accuracy over any other barrel. A longer barrel cam make you more accurate, but not your gun. My brother likes using 16 inch barrels. Those are easier for him to point, easier for him to aim. To me, any length above 12 inches is fine.

#7 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

To me, any length above 12 inches is fine.

Posted Image

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yeah the stock barrel is fine. But you could always check out the Disruptive Barrel.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Any reasonable, clean barrel will shoot with nearly the same accuracy, when clean. The problem is when you get shot in the barrel or have a barrel break you accuracy goes to shit.

If you have an overbore barrel (bore larger than the paintball), it will stay dirty until you clean it out with a swab, squeegee, or hot soapy water, leaving you mostly ineffective for the remainder of the game or until you can run a swab down your barrel, smushing all that paint into your breach and having a bigger mess to clean between games.

If you have an underbore barrel, after a barrel break you can shoot your barrel reasonable clean in a few shots. You will still beed to clean it after the game to restore full accuracy, but you can still be effective for the rest of the game.

The reason is simple, if you are overbore (the paint is smaller than the bore size of your barrel), then the barrel remains filthy and accuracy stays lost. Your stock barrel has a .691 bore, most paint is smaller.

If the underbore (the paint is larger than your bore size), then the paintballs will act like a squeegee and wipe a lot of the paint out of the barrel in just a few shots, as I mentioned your barrel will still need cleaned after the game, but at least you can still be effective.

There are several other advantages to an underbore barrel: your efficiency will go up and your AXE will shoot quieter and smoother. I also would increase the barrel length to at least 14, maybe 16 - it allows you to stay back behind the bunker and push the bunker a bit with your barrel exposing less of you, making you harder to hit.

There are many good barrels, I like the Deadlywind Fibur, it is a very light carbon fiber barrel, it uses the Freak Inserts so you can change the bore as you need to adjust it to paint size and conditions, at about 130 bucks for the barrel and a few inserts. It is a bit steep, but worth it if you have the budget. On the other end of the price spectrum, you can get a CP One piece with a .685 bore for $30, though for $46 you can get a Lapco Tightstick with a .681 bore, a better bore size and better barrel, or a Lurker Barrel .678 for $40.

Again, many other good choices including 2 piece barrels from Critical, CP and others...Just make sure you go underbore!

Good Luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#10 pntballninja

pntballninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

it could be the bore size
Stay Stealthy My Friends......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users