4 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

So I was thinking about getting maybe a new body kit and a new bolt for my Ion. I have a few questions as to what to get:

Whats the best bolt out there? So far I seem to be liking the hollowpoint one by DeadlyWind, and maybe the Bob Long bolt, maybe even the L7.
What's a good color combo that looks semi aggressive yet clean? I have a feedneck that's blue, and I saw some leftover Shocktech body kits on ANSgear with silver, red, and blue. I'm also digging the one from DeadlyWinds, but it's only in Red. So what do you guys think I should get? To my eyes, the red Shocktech bodies look too much like the Gryphon cheaponess, yet the Deadlywinds one look's semi professional looking with very nice milling. The blue Shocketech bodies would definantely match my feedneck, so I could do with that. But my ASA has some silver/chrome parts, so I could also use the silver shocktech. Help anyone?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

This is all of a waste of money, i suggest you putting the money that you would put into an ion and getting a new gun like you have posted before with the money you have instead.

All the questions that you asked are all based on personal preferance, so just ask yourself.

as for the bolt, none of those bolts make the ion drastically better.

Edited by 510waffles, 06 November 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#3 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Unless you have the following upgrades, I would not add any more money onto the ion:
Tournament Legal Board
New Regulator
On/Off ASA & Dovetail rail
Clamping Feedneck
New trigger

If you have all of that, then I would strongly recommend you look around BST forums for a Lucky Stage 5.1 body. Make sure you get the complete upper assembly. it replaces everything in the body and includes its own bolt kit (bolt-out-back too), detents, laser eyes, etc. It even has eye covers and an autococker threaded breech (Ion threaded if you find a Lucky Stage 5.0, autococker if 5.1, finding 5.0 kits is very, very hard).

If you DON'T have it all, then just buy a GoG eXTCy. It has everything you want stock. It's an Ion done right.

Edited by Lotus, 16 November 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I'd get performance things first then all the prettiness after
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#5 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Watch the ion upgrade show on Mike's YouTube page.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users