• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonrain

Dragonrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Just wanted to know the pros about this barrel.

#2 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Pros: it's very light
Cons: um, none?

Honestly, a barrel is a barrel. Most barrels will shoot about the same, with a bit of variation in volume depending on how much porting there is.
If you want to save the extra weight, or if your stock barrel is beat up, go for the stiffi; otherwise, what you already have should be fine.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#3 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Depends of which Stiffi you are referring to..Their higher end barrels are good enough, though a bit pricy for what you get. Their lower end Stiffi MF is a POS. It is listed as a carbon fiber composite, that is t say it is not 100% carbon fiber. it is basically a fiberglass barrel with a wrap of carbon fiber on the exterior. As the bore is soft fiberglass is get worn quickly. I have one and the bore started showing wear after about 10 cases.

If you want a CF barrel, I have and recommend Deadlywind Barrels, specifically the Deadlywind Fibur. It is a great looking, well made CF barrel with a bore so smooth you can use a standard swab with no concerns. The main feature that sets this barrel apart is these barrels use FREAK inserts. So you can change bores for 15 bucks and match you paint and field conditions on the fly.

I have four, three of the FIBUR that use the inserts; a 14”, 12” and 10” and a 12” NULL (fixed bore) barrel in .688, the only bore available.

They are strong, very light, made well, quiet and look great too.

Good luck!

Edited by David A., 16 November 2012 - 08:57 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users