7 replies to this topic

#1 untaimed_deciples_2162

untaimed_deciples_2162

tengo choro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

are they the same platform or based off of the same platform i have notices alot of similarities between the 2
my name is unt aimed as in i dont aim i sparay and pray like choro

#2 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Nope, There are almost no similarities on how they operate.

#3 Greyknight

Greyknight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

They are both different platforms, mags are much more complex.
Learning without thought is labor lost, thought without learning is powerless...

Posted Image

#4 untaimed_deciples_2162

untaimed_deciples_2162

tengo choro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

oh i see i was just wondering becaue i noticed both have bodies then you have the back part that you can take out and swap i dont know what there called aha but i think you guys get the point and they look kind of similar

#5 Greyknight

Greyknight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Yes while they are both single tube designs with the valve in the rear, but they operate quite differently. I took a pic of my phantoms valve and my E-Max valve next to each other to show you the differences (Phantom valve on top, mag valve on bottom)

Posted Image

The phantom valve is operated as such: Front portion is pushed back by the pump handle catching the the sear on the middle portion, as you pull the pump handle to its forward position its brings both front portions of the valve forward with it. When the trigger is pulled it releases the middle portion which is pushed back and actuates the valve thus firing a shot.

http://www.zdspb.com...hantom_meph.gif

The automag valve is operated as such: The bolt is held back against the valve by the mags sear which is located in the rail, when the trigger is pulled the sear releases the bolt and pushes the valves on/off. The bolt is pushed forward by the valve thus firing the shot and then the spring on the bolt returns the bolt back against the valve which is again caught by the sear.

http://www.zdspb.com...ns/automag1.gif

Edited by Greyknight, 15 November 2012 - 02:11 AM.

Learning without thought is labor lost, thought without learning is powerless...

Posted Image

#6 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

oh i see i was just wondering becaue i noticed both have bodies then you have the back part that you can take out and swap i dont know what there called aha but i think you guys get the point and they look kind of similar

Looking at the exterior appearance of the valves, I can see how you thought that, but the two are very, very different designs.

#7 untaimed_deciples_2162

untaimed_deciples_2162

tengo choro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

oh i see I've never owned either so i never knew i was just going off of apearance but now i know there 2 completely different designs aha thanks for the help guys :)

#8 Greyknight

Greyknight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

oh i see I've never owned either so i never knew i was just going off of apearance but now i know there 2 completely different designs aha thanks for the help guys :)

Glad we could help, if you have any more questions about either feel free to ask, I'd be happy to help B)

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users