5 replies to this topic

#1 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Please tell me what you think...

Last week I got into a car accident. I was making a right at a light (green) and the other guy was making a left (so I had right of way). I was making the right turn into MY lane and he comes in and avoids the lane he is supposed to be in and tries to get into my lane but hits the front driver's side bumper.

Police Report:
Posted Image

And in the Police Report (shown above) it says that I did not see the guy, which is also true but I had to look right to make sure that no one was crossing the crosswalk.
Now legally I had the right of way, but my father is telling me that we are both at fault because of what it says in the police report.

I have to talk to the liability adjuster tomorrow for the other dudes insurance company, but what do I say to put more of the blame on the other guy?

Any Help would be appreciated!

#2 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

well according to Canadian law I can tell you he is at fault
He should be at fault in any country though as he did not turn into his corresponding lane

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#3 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Dont lie make shit up or try to make the other guy look worse because if you get cought bite the pillow the Lawyer's are comming in hard and dry just tell the adjuster what happened straight up
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Don't lie, don't make anything up, just tell it exactly as you remember it.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Problem is, for the collision to have taken place in that spot, he would have to already have been in the intersection on his way before you started to turn. Granted, he should have turned into the nearest lane to him, however, this could have been avoided if you had looked at more than just the crosswalk.

With that said, don't try to put the blame on anyone. The adjuster will be able to see through any bullshit sent their way (this is what they do for a living after all); just tell it like it happened. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and accept the consequences.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 16 November 2012 - 04:13 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#6 heylookitskarl

heylookitskarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for the responses guys! :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users