• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lennyahan95

lennyahan95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Okay so I'm a senior and I worked at a local marina. I haven't been able to work the past 2 or 3 weeks because I've been on college visits and at crew regattas. I let him know that I can work this weekend and all he says to me is "come into the office for your paycheck". So I go into the office and he starts to yell at me because apparently I don't have my priorities straight.. Since when is a lousy, shitty summer job more important than an education? After that, he tells me that he's extreamly dissapointed in me and how he expected better. And I'm standing there thinking to myself "are you fucking kidding me?!" I've always been available to him even on last second notice, I've never complained, I work harder than most of the other guys that have worked there for 2 or 3 years and he's telling me all of this. FUCK YOU! And earlier in the summer he wrote me a letter of recomendation. Now he's saying that he wishes that he could take all that back and that he regrets saying that stuff about me. I'm sorry that I think my education is more important. Is it just me or is that a little much for him to be saying all of that. Please let me know if I'm overreacting
If ur under 18 and buy all ur gear add this to ur sig

#2 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Coming from a fellow Dock hand, 2-3 weeks is alot but he should have more understanding... And saying that he could take all of it back is a bit much.

And it cant be busy this time of year unless you live in a warm region...

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

It's a little much, especially if you gave him notice of your unavailability.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sorry to say it man but welcome to the adult work force.

#5 lennyahan95

lennyahan95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Sorry to say it man but welcome to the adult work force.

I mean I understand why he fired me, I did take a lot off but I always gave him 3-4 weeks notice. But the thing that really made me mad was the way he reacted and what he said. I just felt like it was really unnecessary for him to say some of those things to me.
If ur under 18 and buy all ur gear add this to ur sig

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

What's especially soul crushing is realizing that what you have just experienced will most likely be experienced again and again for just about any boss you work for.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#7 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,806 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

We must kill him.

Posted Image

40k-1.png

#8 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Having the job you do and getting the criticism that you're getting is helping you believe it or not. When i started my part time job in the restaurant business i was getting the piss beat out of me mentally. Every single day i put up with the B.S and eventually you learn to let it go because in the real world, you're always gonna have people or bosses that you just don't like but you have to put up with them anyway. The worst thing you can do is act out and lose your job over your boss being a idiot. Education is much more important in the long run though. Trust me. :)

Edited by Dakent, 16 November 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#9 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Just remember no matter how hard you work or how much your boss depends on you there is always someone gunning for your job and you are replaceable.

Edited by YoungGun32, 17 November 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#10 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

So, what you're saying is this.

You do your job well.
Your boss writes a glowing recommendation, which is incredibly useful.
You take a lot of time off, which if you used your sick and/or vacation days, then he can't really say shit.
And now he's upset.

Sounds about right, to be honest, I would go to his office and rip up the recommendation letter, since if you put him as a reference on your resume, their probably going to call him, and if you leave a job on bad terms, that can basically ruin your career.
When an ex-employer can basically trash talk you for hours, it's happened to me plenty of times.

Since you don't work there anymore, it's up to you if you want to try and patch things up with your ex-employer, and I would give that a shot, can't lose anything, just lay it down, remind him that your quality of work was always excellent, if he won't here any of it, don't put him on your resume.

It's kind of hard to walk away from that, and it may be a bit difficult finding another job if you have no other references, but it's better then having someone always ruining your chance at a better job.

And to everyone who keeps repeating "Well, that's just how it goes, get used to it" That's not how it goes, and it never should, if the OP used his sick and/or vacation days, I would suggest speaking with HR about that, no one should be fired for taking time off that you are legally required to have access to, and if you didn't, and you just took time off, regardless of notice, there is nothing really to do here, move on and learn from it all.

Or cry, that works too.

#11 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Then again, if you requested the time off (email), and he aproved it, then show it to HR/owner.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#12 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

that Troll 2 picture is legit, ninja!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users