• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I am getting a new gun in the sub 350 range and i have brought it down to the PE Etha and the Valken Proton. the Etha is still on sale on PB Gateway. i can either get the Etha and replacement parts for my cockers regulator or the Proton and get a brand new nice and shiny regulator. thank you. and also if you say Proton can you tell me what the best reg for 70 dollars is? also add Karnivor for 425

Edited by Pump Player, 16 November 2012 - 03:58 PM.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#2 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

found a sick deal on karni to, karnis are my dream guns.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Buy the Karni if it is your dream gun.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

ok

#5 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

The karni is cool, but if you are concentrated on performance, I would definitely see how the invert mini fits your hands/ play style. It's my favorite $300ish marker. If not, look into the GoG exTcy. It has a ton of upgrades which can make it perform like a much more expensive marker.I personally don't like the way the etha shoots, and the proton is too new plus is a sear tripper. (I've had bad experiences with sear trippers.), but between the two i'd probably pick the etha.

Edited by dertydood, 16 November 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#6 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

i hate minis because they feel flimsy and cheap, i cant stand anything GOG makes (ive used the extcy and hated it) and im not really centered on performance because im one of the best players at my field with my mech autococker, i ust wanted something cool and fun and better than my cocker

#7 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

If you are the best then just continue to play with what you have.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#8 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

im not THE best, and i feel the need to get a new gun so i can pump my cocker

#9 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

IMO Etha easy. Decent trigger good board, and great packaging and CS. a good gun for $400.

#10 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Proton if you want spoolie

#11 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I don't know anything about the Valken Proton. However I can share you my experience with the Etha below.

I love the Etha. It's my first marker and it feels reliable as hell while being backed by a great company. However, if you're looking for something smooth then you would probably want to stay away from this one. You do get some vibration and pinging noise from the spring (tends to fade when broken in I notice) as people state which are things that I can live with. So why do I love my Etha so much?

Packaging:
- Comes with a nice set of allen keys, huge parts kit, lube, 14.5" Shaft 4 barrel, very detailed manual, great quality barrel sock, and a nice sturdy case.

Reliability:
- It's a very durable marker built to the same standard as the Ego, Geo, or Etek platforms but at a more affordable price. It was designed to be able to take some hits, be waterproof, and perform even during cold or hot temperatures. Check out the video below.

Efficiency:
- Better than your traditional spool... Some say this is more of a poppet marker even. Flame shield activate!

Bolt:
- Simple design, easy maintenance with a rubber bolt tip. You can remove it easily with or without an allen key. This marker was designed to perform as a tournament level entry marker so it can handle the brittlest of paint without a problem. I shot GI Sportz 4 Stars (not fresh... it was oily and had dimples) with the Etha without a problem. I have also used Empire's RPS Evil with the marker and it didn't skip a beat.

Board:
- Super bright LED light which means you can easily adjust any setting even on the sunniest day. The board is super easy to use and on the back of the grip there is a mini-manual in case you forget which color is which setting.

Ergonomics:

- I love how it only uses 1 screw meaning faster access to batteries, tourney lock, etc... It feels durable and comfortable at the same time as opposed to other grips that I feel is too much rubber and can wear out faster.
- The asa is simple and a breeze to use. I love how the macroline does not protrude from the side but direct onto the asa.
- The trigger I would say is best in class for it's price range. 3 point adjustable and comfortable on your finger.
- Easy access to eyes and detents.
- It has the same amazing regulator used by Eclipse's Geos and Egos.
- Lever-lock clamping feedneck
- Composite parts... While some people don't like it they cannot deny that composite is simply more durable and cheaper to make. It's even used on real modern weapons!

Modular:
- Last but not least you can add an "EMC Rail Kit" to the Etha which is an optional attachment that you can add to the marker to make it look more tacticool. Therefore, you will be able to make your Etha adapt into a woodsball or speedball environment without changing guns. It's AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbamYhclsUAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UlaNgnfH6U

#12 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

etha just because of the cs. I'm weary of valken stuff (except the profits) ever since the v-max flopped.

#13 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

etha just because of the cs. I'm weary of valken stuff (except the profits) ever since the v-max flopped.

Yeah that didnt turn out to be a very good loader. I still say that theres a crazy amout of used guns that would lay waste over the newer low end equipment. I just got a used pm7 basically bnib for 250 a couple months ago.

#14 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Etha hands down, the Proton is shit and then some, not at all user friendly in regards to teching and changing settings, shitting noid, shitty trigger, and the list goes on.

#15 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

The Etha is a great shooter, especially for the price. PE quality is hard to beat, as well as their CS.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#16 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Now thats the fu**in catalina wine mixer

#17 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Etha by a mile. I love mine; and the Aura/Proton just doesn't really compare.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#18 Marnier15

Marnier15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Also check out ansgear because they are having a sale on the etha for 350

#19 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Also check out ansgear because they are having a sale on the etha for 350

Wow... I wish I had bought my Etha at this time of the year... lolol. Definitely do not miss out on the deal if you like the Etha. Or buy it with the EMC Kit for $430!!! :tup:

#20 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Wow i completely forgot about the emc kit.....etha all the way

#21 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

i notice everyone forgot the karni? is it bad to get it?

#22 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

i notice everyone forgot the karni? is it bad to get it?

the karnivore? it's not a bad gun; but finding parts if something breaks can be difficult; and if you have to do some major repairs, God help you.

It's a great shooter and a classic gun; but the maintenance is WAY more involved than a regular spool or poppet style gun.

Edit: since you mentioned already having a cocker; you should already know about maintenance.

Edited by nighthunter, 17 November 2012 - 10:42 AM.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#23 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

yeah, i havent played to much as i dont go every weekend but when i get bored i like to take it apart and put it back together so i know a thing or too about cockers :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users