• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

im a budget baller and my b-day is coming up. i have the option of valken proton for 325, etha for 350 or karnivor for 425. i know this isnt quite budget-ish but i am too young to get a job and i only get new gear once or twice a year when i manage to round up a decent amount of money from lawn work.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#2 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I don't know anything about the Valken Proton. However I can share you my experience with the Etha below.

I love the Etha. It's my first marker and it feels reliable as hell while being backed by a great company. However, if you're looking for something smooth then you would probably want to stay away from this one. You do get some vibration and pinging noise from the spring (tends to fade when broken in I notice) as people state which are things that I can live with. So why do I love my Etha so much?

Packaging:
- Comes with a nice set of allen keys, huge parts kit, lube, 14.5" Shaft 4 barrel, very detailed manual, great quality barrel sock, and a nice sturdy case.

Reliability:
- It's a very durable marker built to the same standard as the Ego, Geo, or Etek platforms but at a more affordable price. It was designed to be able to take some hits, be waterproof, and perform even during cold or hot temperatures. Check out the video below.

Efficiency:
- Better than your traditional spool... Some say this is more of a poppet marker even. Flame shield activate!

Bolt:
- Simple design, easy maintenance with a rubber bolt tip. You can remove it easily with or without an allen key. This marker was designed to perform as a tournament level entry marker so it can handle the brittlest of paint without a problem. I shot GI Sportz 4 Stars (not fresh... it was oily and had dimples) with the Etha without a problem. I have also used Empire's RPS Evil with the marker and it didn't skip a beat.

Board:
- Super bright LED light which means you can easily adjust any setting even on the sunniest day. The board is super easy to use and on the back of the grip there is a mini-manual in case you forget which color is which setting.

Ergonomics:

- I love how it only uses 1 screw meaning faster access to batteries, tourney lock, etc... It feels durable and comfortable at the same time as opposed to other grips that I feel is too much rubber and can wear out faster.
- The asa is simple and a breeze to use. I love how the macroline does not protrude from the side but direct onto the asa.
- The trigger I would say is best in class for it's price range. 3 point adjustable and comfortable on your finger.
- Easy access to eyes and detents.
- It has the same amazing regulator used by Eclipse's Geos and Egos.
- Lever-lock clamping feedneck
- Composite parts... While some people don't like it they cannot deny that composite is simply more durable and cheaper to make. It's even used on real modern weapons!

Modular:
- Last but not least you can add an "EMC Rail Kit" to the Etha which is an optional attachment that you can add to the marker to make it look more tacticool. Therefore, you will be able to make your Etha adapt into a woodsball or speedball environment without changing guns. It's AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbamYhclsUAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UlaNgnfH6U

Edited by crPaliza, 16 November 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Get a used Axe, it is better than all of them.

#4 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Are you looking into a new or used marker. The proton should be horrible but aftermarket parts could be scarce. Both will shoot nice imo. But if you have that money i would suggest a used supergun. Like the axe. But there are many more that will shoot really nice like a pm/dm, pmr, etek, the numerous bob longs the marq closer is freakin awesome imo. All those markers will seriously outperform any proton,etha.......karnivors are nice but with wgp gone the customer service wont be there if you have a serious failure.

#5 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

But if you have that money i would suggest a used supergun. Like the axe.

Axe isn't a super gun.
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Axe isn't a super gun.

#7 Chris1659

Chris1659

Loco

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

The Etha is a great choice I used one for about 8 months.

#8 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Axe isn't a super gun.

It may not be a super gun, but it is a SUPER gun *nudge nudge* :P

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#9 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

I suppose i wasnt refering it to a ego or dm but more like a better than a proton hehe

#10 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

The Etha is great. Haven't shot the others, but a lot of people like the Axe if you don't have a problem with the ergos. Probably wouldn't go near a proton.. not for that price anyway.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#11 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Etha is fantastic. I wouldn't have traded mine, but the t2 was just calling me... lol. Its a great electro, certainly the best out of the three

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#12 Mexicanwhiteboy

Mexicanwhiteboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I was hoping to get everything new

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users