• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zDevon

zDevon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm hearing several good things about the Axe, but I love love love the design of the Reflex. The Axe may be a bit too small for me at 6'2, but I'm not sure. Which company of the two would I be better off with as far as support and what not? How decent is the maintenance on either of the markers?

Thanks for any help. And I'm also open to suggestions on any other guns in this price range.

#2 BruceSmith

BruceSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm hearing several good things about the Axe, but I love love love the design of the Reflex. The Axe may be a bit too small for me at 6'2, but I'm not sure. Which company of the two would I be better off with as far as support and what not? How decent is the maintenance on either of the markers?

Thanks for any help. And I'm also open to suggestions on any other guns in this price range.

I Really like my 2012 Reflex. One review that sold me on the Reflex was the SticktoDrum This guy loves his Axe(if you go back and look at his other vids you will see just how much he likes his Axe) and then goes on to say that the 2012 Reflex is a better marker. Bam, Sold.

Since I have had this marker, my first electronic, I have run about 15 cases through it. Last week ended up having an air leak behind the trigger, I investigated and found it was coming from the solenoid. The base was cracked. Instead of buying a new solenoid I took it back to Dye, since it was still under warranty they replaced all the shims in the regulator and a new solenoid at no cost AND had the marker back to me in a two day turn around. This marker shoots FF'nn lasers, ropes, whatever, I really enjoy it.

#3 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

im 6'4" and thought the size of the axe was to big.

#4 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

reflex rail, i have a standard rail and want a reflex but i dont have the money for it as i am saving up for an empire sniper.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#5 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

The Axe is a fairly large marker, but keep in mind that you can also buy a Nummech grip extender for it if you find it's too small.

#6 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

axe, the gun has more potential, the proto rail bolt engine is kinda meh. The efficiency out of that thing isnt the greatest.

#7 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Let's be honest here, what do you want, a poppit or a spool? If you.want a poppit, get the axe. If you like spools more get the reflex.rail
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#8 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm 6'3 and I am purchasing an axe as a replacement to my old marker soon, the reflex rail has low efficiency but is really smooth and if you want a reflex rail then get the 2012 model. The 2013 is $50-100 more and has no differences except for coloring

#9 XxJKATxX

XxJKATxX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

im 6'3 and own an axe i absoluty love it very comfortable in the hands good effiency even better with a boss bolt and upgraded barrel mine shoots super smooth

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

They aren't compareable. Poppit, or spool, which do you prefer?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users