Photo

What's the difference between ultralite regulator and adjustable?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I came across this in the ninja tank section, and don't really know the difference or what would be better for me.

Edited by yams00, 22 November 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Unless it's an SHP or SLP reg, all of Ninja's tank regs are adjustable. The one ANS calls "adjustable" is just the basic Ninja reg. The ultralight reg is just a tad lighter, and comes with a slightly smaller gauge. Functionally they will be the same.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

So, If I was buying a 68/45, which tank would you recommend? I play a mix of games in the woods and on the airball field, if that helps.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would recommend buying based on tank size/length. There aren't really any "better" tanks out there (or regs for that matter), the first thing to look for is tank length and seeing if that would be too long or too short for you. For instance, the Ninja 68's are just a couple inches short for my liking, but Pure Energy 70's are the perfect length. In short, don't really worry about the brand, and look for tank length first.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 22 November 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#5 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Aha, so you don't really think it matters if I get the nicest tank out there, as long as it's comfortable and a right size for me?

#6 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Go with a Ninja, you won't be disappointed. They're the best in the business. If you want a 68/45, get a Ninja Dura 68/45, I'd go with a regular reg, not the ultralight. The difference between the regular and the ultralight is the ultralight has a small gauge and the bonnet, the part with the exposed threads, is made out of aluminum, while the regular reg has a bonnet made out of brass, and a larger gauge. I like the regular reg because I find the larger gauge is easier to read and I think the brass bonnet will hold up better. But either way, you'll be fine. I say get a purple tank while you're at it, because purple looks badass. B)

#7 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

I may just get a purple tank, although idk if i'll look dumb, lol!

#8 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I may just get a purple tank, although idk if i'll look dumb too agg, lol!

Fixed

#9 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

I may just get a purple tank, although idk if i'll look dumb, lol!

What you'll get is a lot of jealous people going "Wait, they come in purple?!?! Since when? Man, I wish I had a purple tank." I know that's what I'd be saying if I had a plain black tank and saw someone walking around with one of Ninja's purple tanks.

#10 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

LOL, I might just have to do it!

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

No such thing as too much purple. Remember that.

#12 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Ninja Pro is the best reg ever.

#13 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

What are you guys talking about?Lime green is obviously better

#14 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

Alright, so after reviewing the dura pro tanks, what's the difference between those and something like a grey ghost tank?

#15 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Alright, so after reviewing the dura pro tanks, what's the difference between those and something like a grey ghost tank?

The new Dura Pro tanks wont crack as easily as the normal ones have in the past.

#16 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

The grey ghost has a clear resin covering it, which has been known to crack. There's nothing wrong when it cracks, the resin is just for aesthetics, and to provide a bit of protection to the fibers, it doesn't lend any structural support to the tank, but people don't like how it looks when it's cracked. So Ninja has come out with a new type of product to cover the tank with, that won't crack. It also comes in a lot more cool colors, which is another reason to go with a dura tank.

#17 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

The new Dura Pro tanks wont crack as easily as the normal ones have in the past.

The grey ghost has a clear resin covering it, which has been known to crack. There's nothing wrong when it cracks, the resin is just for aesthetics, and to provide a bit of protection to the fibers, it doesn't lend any structural support to the tank, but people don't like how it looks when it's cracked. So Ninja has come out with a new type of product to cover the tank with, that won't crack. It also comes in a lot more cool colors, which is another reason to go with a dura tank.

The cracking was never an issue with any coatings, but rather the metal core underneath not meeting the standards which Ninja put forth to the manufacturer. They have located a new bottle manufacture, so any Ninja tank you get will be fine.

And the clear resin is not a vanity coating, that's the actual fiber resin. If that cracks and you can see exposed fibers, you need to call the manufacturer. The black tanks have a separate outer black layer.

#18 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

So, would it be ok to just buy the dura tank, and not the dura pro, or should i just shell out the extra $20 or so for the pro (thanks so much guys).

#19 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

So, would it be ok to just buy the dura tank, and not the dura pro, or should i just shell out the extra $20 or so for the pro (thanks so much guys).

The only difference i see is that the dura pro slp can go to different psi's, which i don't seem to have much use for. (thanks again :))

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users