#1 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Whats your opinion on prepping?

Not necessarily for the "end of the world", though if you believe that more power to ya, but as anything really.

I dont believe in dumping tens of thousands into it but i do believe in a simple modified camping set up. Im building my bag becuase i already have 75% of the gear and it seemed like something fun to do (love researching guns, and gear for more then pb).

#2 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

What I have to say to all of those doomsday preppers :
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I don't consider myself a prepper, but once I get the money I'll gather up a few supplies I might need in case something happens. Nothing end of the world, or Doomsday Preppers like, but closer to what I'd need to survive in the aftermath of hurricane sandy. Have some emergency water, rations, fuel, basic camping supplies. Basically everything I need to at least live, in the event of some catastrophe, without needing to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. But it's nothing more than following the Boy Scount motto of "Be Prepared".

#4 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

It depends on what they are prepping for. If they are prepping for something like a zombie apocalypse or a nuclear war then I think its dumb. If they are prepping for economic collapse/super bad depression or civil war then it makes a little more sense. I dont believe in having years worth of food, thousands of rounds of ammo, and an underground shelter. I do think its not a bad idea to have a few nice firearms with a couple hundred rounds and having a few months supply of food just incase things get scary.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#5 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I don't consider myself a prepper, but once I get the money I'll gather up a few supplies I might need in case something happens. Nothing end of the world, or Doomsday Preppers like, but closer to what I'd need to survive in the aftermath of hurricane sandy. Have some emergency water, rations, fuel, basic camping supplies. Basically everything I need to at least live, in the event of some catastrophe, without needing to run around like a chicken with my head cut off. But it's nothing more than following the Boy Scount motto of "Be Prepared".

Ditto
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I have no belief that the world is going to end in any way anytime soon. But I do have prepping characteristics. Me and some other guys have enough food to last us about 8 months, along with enough water for about a year. We have a "bug out" cabin, although it is mostly used for parties at the moment Posted Image and we all have a plan of what to do in a said "doomsday" emergency.

Now I don't think this will ever come into use, but I see it as a game. It is fun to make things, plan and learn.

#7 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

I dont believe in having years worth of food, thousands of rounds of ammo, and an underground shelter.

You must not be a gun guy. :P "Prepping" is the excuse you give your wife as a reason for why you have so much ammo. Then when she goes "Well? What do you have to say for yourself? You said X would happen, and it never did." And your response? "Oh gee, I'm sorry hunny, I guess you were right. Well, I might as well go to the range and shoot all this ammo so we have more room for your shoes." :lol:

It's a win-win. B)

Edited by TK-421, 23 November 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#8 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

I dont believe in having years worth of food, thousands of rounds of ammo, and an underground shelter.

You must not be a gun guy. :P "Prepping" is the excuse you give your wife as a reason for why you have so much ammo. Then when she goes "Well? What do you have to say for yourself? You said X would happen, and it never did." And your response? "Oh gee, I'm sorry hunny, I guess you were right. Well, I might as well go to the range and shoot all this ammo so we have more room for your shoes." :lol:

It's a win-win. B)

And that folks is why TK isnt married ;)
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#9 aj619

aj619

Yes I am not very creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Sillyness that is all

aj.png

I don't give a shit about the forums.

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

It's a win-win. B)

And that folks is why TK isnt married ;)

Actually it's because women are f***ing crazy and f***ing expensive. My broke ass can't afford a wife, let alone a girlfriend. :(

#11 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

It's a win-win. B)

I have probably 100 rifle rounds for my only high powered rifle, a few hundred .22s, and a box or so for each handgun and like 5 boxes of shotshells. I dont imagine shooting too much in a survival situation where I need a gun.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#12 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

i love preppers... means i dont have to do any work... just find them, and take what i need with force...

on a serious note, i have a bug out bag, my SCAR 16 (my go to gun) and 420 rounds in my chest rig... i have another 500 loose rounds in my bag... aside form that, couple knives for different uses, a survival axe, multi-fuel stove, improvised shelter materials, 550 cord, stuff like that... all i have to do is grab and go if shit hits the fan... given how over the past decade major weather systems have increased in size and power its likely that an SHTF situation might be natural disaster... but at the same time, our country is on a knifes edge... and anyone who isnt prepared for a civil war or gov't imposed marshal law is fool... all it will take is for the gov't to pass one stupid law that is a major infringement on civil liberties and this country will go to shit... as for economic collapse, its possible, we have been there before as a country, and we pull through it fine... the differencebetween the two, in one scenario you might have to defend yourself from and over stepping gov't, the other you will have to fend for your family against people who want to take what you have to survive...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#13 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

i love preppers... means i dont have to do any work... just find them, and take what i need with force...

on a serious note, i have a bug out bag, my SCAR 16 (my go to gun) and 420 rounds in my chest rig... i have another 500 loose rounds in my bag... aside form that, couple knives for different uses, a survival axe, multi-fuel stove, improvised shelter materials, 550 cord, stuff like that... all i have to do is grab and go if shit hits the fan... given how over the past decade major weather systems have increased in size and power its likely that an SHTF situation might be natural disaster... but at the same time, our country is on a knifes edge... and anyone who isnt prepared for a civil war or gov't imposed marshal law is fool... all it will take is for the gov't to pass one stupid law that is a major infringement on civil liberties and this country will go to shit... as for economic collapse, its possible, we have been there before as a country, and we pull through it fine... the differencebetween the two, in one scenario you might have to defend yourself from and over stepping gov't, the other you will have to fend for your family against people who want to take what you have to survive...

I have hatchet, machtety, couple knives mulit-tool, improv shelter, fishing kit, plus all other normal camping gear (fire starter small light weight pan etc...) also have a .22 rifle with few hundred rounds with access to a massive gun and ammo supply nerby (grandpa's). I just need starting food (72 hrs worth), some 550 cord, extra flint and steel along with a water purification system (tossing ideas around between hand pump, tablets, hand made from a bottle and various filters (all easy to come by) or packing a water tight bottle of Bleach.

Have you thought about looking for somebody nearby to "Bug" out with.

Im lucky because i have grown up in a rural area and know the terrain, water sources, less travled areas, fishing and hunting spots, etc.

Edited by HU Soldier, 24 November 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#14 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

And this is why if the world were to end with zombies and they come from the south I wont have to worry about anything with OEF one state below me.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 24 November 2012 - 04:49 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#15 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

the only people i would bug out with are family... anyone else will met with deadly force... i dont need more mouths to feed... yeah, its an asshole thing to say or do, but if i dont have a wife and kids to take with me then fuck everyone else, i do better on my own

as for water purification, ust get a metal canteen and a small exbit fuel stove stand and boil your water... if you want to get dirt, silt, and other solids out of it, a piece of cloth, like a t-shirt, will work
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#16 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I meant like you would stop the migration of zombies lol

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#17 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

i wont stop the migration of zombies... my ass will be running for the mountains.... then, once the general public has been wiped out, i'll start slowly dwindleing the zombie population in my area...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#18 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

I've got an AK with plenty of ammo and trigger-experience along with stores of preserved food. For a temporary instance of dealing with looters and fanatics, I'm set.
For an end-of-civilization instance, I'm set because I've got a gun with one bullet. I'm not dealing with that shit.

Edited by Antonious, 25 November 2012 - 03:11 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#19 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

the only people i would bug out with are family... anyone else will met with deadly force... i dont need more mouths to feed... yeah, its an asshole thing to say or do, but if i dont have a wife and kids to take with me then fuck everyone else, i do better on my own

as for water purification, ust get a metal canteen and a small exbit fuel stove stand and boil your water... if you want to get dirt, silt, and other solids out of it, a piece of cloth, like a t-shirt, will work

I meant as in other like minded preppers, but i see your point.

and Thanks!

#20 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

the main thing to consider when prepping for any scenario outside the norm for our daily lives is this... do you want to support your self only, or yourself and others... remember, if you travel in a pack, or group together you have to worry about more mouths to feed, more people to look after... and how well do you really trust the people you are with? for all you know they could be willing to off you to take your supplies and ammo... the downside of going it alone, if you get injured you are fucked... and you might go slightly insane from talking to yourself all the time... but, you wont draw as much attention, you can slip in and out of areas much easier with out being spotted...

reasons i will be going it alone if shit hits the fan is that i simply dont want to have to worry about anyone other then myself... and if something bad happens to them then it will weigh heavy on my conscience and i am the type of person to blame myself for it... so, i would much rather avoid all that to begin with and just fend for myself only
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#21 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

depends on what your prepping for. I mean, if someone drops a Cobalt bomb then lol at shelters because unless you have a billion doller shelter stocked with years of food your dead anyways

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#22 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

if nations/terrorists start setting off or dropping bombs its over anyway... Mutualy Assured Destrustion... or M.A.D for short.... you shoot at us, we take out everyone
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#23 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

and you might go slightly insane from talking to yourself all the time

I do that anyway :wacko:

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#24 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

As I said in the last thread I have a 45 Foot Grady White Sport Fishing Boat docked in what is essentially my back yard. We load it with enough food. water, gas and medical supplies to make it to say Puerto Rico or the Bahamas and we should be fairly safe in something along the lines of a complete destabilization of the government. As for weapons I assume it is a good thing my father is a bit of a gun nut. Before the assault weapons ban in 94 he went on a bit of a buying spree. Several AR-15s, 45 30 round STNAG Magazines. An assortment of 1911's and other handguns. Several .22s, a Remmington Model 700 Chambered in .308 with a Luepould x8 Scope 2 Mossberg 500s and enough ammunition to start a small brush fire war in the Sudan.

Get out away from the coast and use our extended fuel stores to get us somewhere in the Carribean.

Seems legit enough of a plan for me because given the nature of a STHF situation Travel to these islands will be significantly restricted or even impossible. Given lack of functioning Airports and Cruise Lines.

Edited by bigx, 28 November 2012 - 12:25 AM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#25 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

hate to tell you but your a little far from the BVI/AVI to make it there in a 45 foot fishing boat... you would be hard pressed to make it to bermuda from mass... your best bet, head to marthas vinyard, block island or whoods hole if you are dead set on an island... but i dont suggest it at all... too much risk involved.... the whole idea of prepping is to mitigate risk to increase your chance of survival
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#26 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

hate to tell you but your a little far from the BVI/AVI to make it there in a 45 foot fishing boat... you would be hard pressed to make it to bermuda from mass... your best bet, head to marthas vinyard, block island or whoods hole if you are dead set on an island... but i dont suggest it at all... too much risk involved.... the whole idea of prepping is to mitigate risk to increase your chance of survival

The theory behind this plan is separate myself from humanity. Get my family hopping down the coast we have a small zodiac inflatable which easily can be either towed behind the main boat or even latched onto the bow. We could hopscotch our way down the coast never straying too far from land. Other than that we are not given many options being 15 minutes north of boston. too many people not enough roads out of dodge.

If I lived further north I would make all attempts to get to my buddies cabin in the New Hampshire Boonies.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#27 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

My thoughts on prepping.... You should already be prepping. Not necessarily for the end of the world but for anything that can change your current situation from the norm... If you lost your job what would you do, if your home burned down what would you do? Generally depend on the government or someone else but if that was not an option what would you do?

I do believe having the right gear will help with your survival but ultimately it will require repair or fuel. After living through a period where having money to buy food was a luxury you learn that you need the right skills to truly make it.

Honestly I feared that we would suffer some from some form of massive power outage or an EMP. Thus I learned how to build a generator and repair small one in case that happens. I do not own a car and if there was an incident with a fuel shortage, I am fit enough and confident in my repair skills to be able to grab a bicycle to make it where ever I need to go. Heck I even learned how to make my favorite foods from seed to finished dish.

TLDR: Everyone is prepping for something otherwise you don't have a saving account or any extras and when the time comes that you need it you might be a very sad duck.

SN: I was wondering if there was a prepper group on TechPB or i should start one but hey

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#28 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

My dad has us prepared for an emergency. Few months worth of food and a lot of weapons. He has a bunch of guns and constantly buys ammo. He's actually bought me 3 machetes in the last few months. I didn't even ask for them xD
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#29 Spider200081

Spider200081

Member-608 Spartans Dubuque, IA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have hatchet, machtety, couple knives mulit-tool, improv shelter, fishing kit, plus all other normal camping gear (fire starter small light weight pan etc...) also have a .22 rifle with few hundred rounds with access to a massive gun and ammo supply nerby (grandpa's). I just need starting food (72 hrs worth), some 550 cord, extra flint and steel along with a water purification system (tossing ideas around between hand pump, tablets, hand made from a bottle and various filters (all easy to come by) or packing a water tight bottle of Bleach.

Have you thought about looking for somebody nearby to "Bug" out with.

Im lucky because i have grown up in a rural area and know the terrain, water sources, less travled areas, fishing and hunting spots, etc.

For the water purification you can use a simple filter to remove physical contaminates or even a piece of cloth. Then use iodine for biological purification. Having a nice filter is definitely handy but in a pinch iodine and a simple method to remove physical contaminates can work just fine.

#30 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Im just going to steal a tank and become king of the preppers.
Posted Image

#31 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I have 2 Weeks worth of Food & Water, and also some simple ways for light and minor power.

If it takes 2 weeks to recover from a "depression" I will begin raiding.

#32 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I have nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users