• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

So i was thinking about buying a used proflex but kinda dont want to deal with a nasty sweat foam issue. So would buying a new frame and rebuilding from the used mask make sense? Or just buying a new frame and used pieces seperatly?

Aslo i want to get i3 pro ears to deal with the issue of ear protection. I would love eflexs but i cant really afford them.

So what do yall think. Any suggestions?

#2 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

By the time you replace the strap, lens, and foam on a proflex you have about equalled the price of a new one. Buy new; used masks are a bit gross.

I may be in the minority here and they do cost a bit more, but I would suggest going straight for the E-flex even if you have to skip a weekend of paintball in order to afford it. This is your most important piece of equipment. The E-flex is just as easy to breath out of, but has the quick- change/clean lens (compare to the JT-style of the proflex...which sucks), and the ear protection is very nice.

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Ans has the proflex for $50, you can't beat that, and by the time you replace the stuff the other owner has sweated on, it isn't worth it.

You could also get a pair of used flexes, and was the crap out of the foam, that's what I did.

#4 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Are the stock soft ears really as bad as what i have read or is it just people scared of getting hit?

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

the stock soft ears aren't THAT bad, but after a few good hits there isn't much left of them, at least from my experiences.

#6 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Sounds like a waste of money having to replace ears frequently. I dont play much in the winter but in the spring summer i play alot.. i have been using provantage goggles this year they really are good but i want new ones for a friend when they want to come along but usually they dont have gear

#7 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

The E-flex soft ears are pretty durable.

Alternatively, and since you already seem content with V-force goggles, consider perhaps the Profilers. They offer decent protection like the Provantage, but better lens/visibility/comfort and do not have soft ears. The soft rubber extends to offer good ear protection. It's what I use.

#8 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

If your budget is around $50 check out the proto switch fs. it uses the same lenses as the proto pro axis.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#9 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

I personally would never buy used goggles, or clothing. it's just kinda gross, lke think of all the times you sneeze in your goggles...
or fart in your pants
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I personally would never buy used goggles, or clothing. it's just kinda gross, lke think of all the times you sneeze in your goggles...
or fart in your pants

you don't enjoy strange farts?

#11 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

There is a such thing as washing clothes. Masks, on the other hand, are harder to clean. As suggested, you're probably better off buying a new mask. I can justify the $100 for a new mask, but never for a pair of pants.
"Memory is cheap." -Dr. Sam Kassegne

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users