16 replies to this topic

#1 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Im looking to get a high end spool for the 2013 season, but my only problem is I dont have a definite position on the field (we usually play a PSP styled league) so I could be shooting 3 pods a game or 8-9 pods a game. With that in mind, I want an efficient, quiet, and smooth marker because that is something I value.

Buying used, i'm considering the dm12, geo 2/2.1, and the luxe 1.0. Im leaning in favor of the dm12 because it seems to fit what i want out of a marker and it looks to suit me best. Ive held and shot all of them but I just wanted to see if this route is the best for my position. If there is anything I seem to be missing in the sub 800 dollar range, point it out. Shanks

After further review, ive taken a look into clones but im still not that attracted to the vx, only the gt, and that would be a few paydays away before i could afford that. On a side note I saw nt11's going for 500 on trademygun and i have always liked dye markers espically the nt but i never could understand why it was hated-clear me up?

Edited by Master_Chief, 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

If you are really going to need efficiency like that, stay away from the luxe (if stock) and geo. The DM should get around 8 pods, I'd also look into a clone VX'd, vx, or gt. Smoother, quieter, and more efficient than all of them.

#3 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

If you are really going to need efficiency like that, stay away from the luxe (if stock) and geo. The DM should get around 8 pods, I'd also look into a clone VX'd, vx, or gt. Smoother, quieter, and more efficient than all of them.

I'd rather have the option to shoot 8 pods than not but ive also not been a big fan of the clones espicially the gt because ive seen a good deal of them go down and ive also heard their cs is poop

Edited by Master_Chief, 23 November 2012 - 07:10 PM.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'd rather have the option to shoot 8 pods than not but ive also not been a big fan of the clones espicially the gt because ive seen a good deal of them go down and ive also heard their cs is poop

I've been using clones for a while now and haven't seen any go down. Any issues with GTs were resolved quite a while ago.. And they have a new US rep who I have personally met a couple times. Their US customer service is great now!

#5 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

I've been using clones for a while now and haven't seen any go down. Any issues with GTs were resolved quite a while ago.. And they have a new US rep who I have personally met a couple times. Their US customer service is great now!

Oh alrighty thanks for the information ill take a second look into the clones :tup:

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Buy a Shocker and get the Lurker bolt?
1500-2000 shots per 68/45.....
And it's less money than any of the options you mentioned....

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Buy a Shocker and get the Lurker bolt?
1500-2000 shots per 68/45.....
And it's less money than any of the options you mentioned....

Man someone needs to make this gun again..

#8 DarkSide

DarkSide

I want that Purple stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Oh alrighty thanks for the information ill take a second look into the clones :tup:

I own a GT and mine has never broke down on me. The only issue i had was unscrewing the bolt train (it was really tight for some reason) but i unscrewed it in 5 minutes.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

#9 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Owned a vx and to this day it was my favorite gun. So the gt can only get better

#10 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yeah having Eric on board, makes macdev's CS mediocre at worst. He was responsible for the great CS at Vanguard before leaving them.

#11 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Master Chief, come to ASG in colton..you are more than welcome to shoot one of my CloneGTs. ask cybermaniac......he practiced with my team and knows how my MacDev products shoot.

Eric is a certified macdev tech in the west coast AND a warranty center. there isnt anything he cant help you with. Plus he's in socal, so turnaround time is as fast as your mail will deliver. :tup:

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#12 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Master Chief, come to ASG in colton..you are more than welcome to shoot one of my CloneGTs. ask cybermaniac......he practiced with my team and knows how my MacDev products shoot.

Eric is a certified macdev tech in the west coast AND a warranty center. there isnt anything he cant help you with. Plus he's in socal, so turnaround time is as fast as your mail will deliver. :tup:

Im not gonna lie im beginning to like macdev a lot more...thanks for the offer i may take you up on that sometime soon :tup:

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#13 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Luxe with the 2.0 core or pooty core should make 8 pods, sprung core makes it more efficicent. Definitely not a 2.1, lucky to get 6. DM12 is getting like 8.5 off a 45 fill. If I were you, I'd get an inline poppit (Victory) or a super tuned poppit (g6r). Or be like me, I play back on one team, and rotate front/back on another, so I own an Ego10 and a Vapor. Ego for back, Vapor for front!

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#14 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Luxe with the 2.0 core or pooty core should make 8 pods, sprung core makes it more efficicent. Definitely not a 2.1, lucky to get 6. DM12 is getting like 8.5 off a 45 fill. If I were you, I'd get an inline poppit (Victory) or a super tuned poppit (g6r). Or be like me, I play back on one team, and rotate front/back on another, so I own an Ego10 and a Vapor. Ego for back, Vapor for front!

Lol nice how does the g6r compare?

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#15 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

To a spool? It is louder, but the pillow bolt is plenty soft on tourney paint, and it is much quieter than my ego.

Edited by WiscoBaller, 28 November 2012 - 08:39 AM.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#16 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Demon...?

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#17 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I wouldn't own a Luxe 1.0. Most of them are missing the original eye covers because they fall off. DLX didn't do a very good job milling them either.

I'd go Geo 2.1 or G6r. I know you're looking for spools, but the G6r's smoother and quieter than most spools anyway. If you're REALLY worried about not getting that 9th pod I'd go with a G6r or get a bigger tank like the 77's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users