• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cpxballer9

cpxballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I have a tippmann a5 as of the moment but it is not very light on air and was wondering if i should keep it and play the scenario like that or get a pump and or a extcey from gog. I played a scenario earlier this year (loved it) but had to go out because my a5 would take up all of my air. I have a 48/3000 and i am on a tight budget, any recommendations?

#2 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

well I mean you pay for unlimited air for the weekend, so I don't see why shooting your A5 would be a problem. When you get shot out/run out of paint just go and fill up. The key is to only carry as much paint as you can shoot. No sense carrying 8 pods when your A5 could only shoot 6 (or whatever. Just an example.)

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#3 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Maybe buy a 68/4500? Or if youre comfortable with using a remoteline or have huge arms, you can buy a 90/4500 from ninja and put it on your back. That will give you more pods than you can carry, you should have no prblem with running out of air.

#4 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Maybe buy a 68/4500? Or if youre comfortable with using a remoteline or have huge arms, you can buy a 90/4500 from ninja and put it on your back. That will give you more pods than you can carry, you should have no prblem with running out of air.

But he said he's kinda tight on cash.

I just remembered something: you can rent 68/4500's from Swap My Tank for like $20 for the weekend if you don't want/can't buy one

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#5 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I just remembered something: you can rent 68/4500's from Swap My Tank for like $20 for the weekend if you don't want/can't buy one

He is tight on cash, but instead of buying a $250 extcy, he could buy a $120 tank and call it a day

#6 cpxballer9

cpxballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

hey guys thanks for the advice i will you'es it.

#7 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

He is tight on cash, but instead of buying a $250 extcy, he could buy a $120 tank and call it a day

Or he could spend $120 on a tank and use the extra $130 to buy an older pmr or used envy.

#8 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Or he could spend $120 on a tank and use the extra $130 to buy an older pmr or used envy.

He could also buy a used tank that still has 3-4 years of hydro left for relatively cheap.

#9 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Or he could spend it all on lotto ticketsts and hope he gets enough for both

But seriously he can do what he wants it is his money

#10 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Everyone relax, everyone is just trying to offer the guy some helpful tips.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Up to you I mean I personally LOVE playing pump. But then again for a BIG scenario having some fire power is kinda nice.

I think for a limited budget you best option would be to just pick up a 68ci/4500psi. On my personal A5 I usually use my 56ci/4500psi and I have no issues getting a full hopper and three pods with just about 1000 psi left in the tank. So I'm sure ya can manage 4 pods and hopper with a 68ci/4500psi tank.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I pick pump any day. You have weight advantage, sound, and over all somewhat control. And by control i mean you sitting there letting them waste paint and air and you hit them once to them out.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

#13 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

If I'm not mistaken, last year you could rent a 68/4500 tank for the event for like $20. No word if they are going to do that again or not, but if they do it could be a solution for you.

#14 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Swap my tank will be there again this year.
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#15 cpxballer9

cpxballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

How dose this switch your tank out thing work and how much dose it cost?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users