• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I saw a thread about opinions on prepping, for zombies, nukes, martial law, a 5-year old girl's slumber party in your house, what have you. I don't really have much of a plan for the realistic stuff, because I'm smart like that, but what I do have is a plan for when a gratuitous pile of shit hits a large fan-like device. Post up your plans or your opinion of my plan or other people's plans.

The Best plan ever:

1. Go to my Local Lowes. At this point you are already thinking "Why in the-wide-world-of-fuck would you go to Lowes. I need to survive, not remodel my bathroom". Why do we have these trust issues? It happened once, it was a point of weakness. I'm getting carried away. Believe it or not, some Lowes stores are outfitted to be a disaster shelter if need be. How? Well, read on and quit asking so many damn questions.

2. Fortify the shit out of Lowes. All of the doors are made of shatterproof glass and all of them lock, and about 50 percent of these doors are surrounded by very tall fences (Lawn and Garden, etc.). But let's say you don't trust this mystical "shatter-proof" of which I speak. Fine. Use the fleet of forklifts to place pallets of concrete in front of the doors to block them off. Each one weighs about 4500 pounds, so a couple of those stacked in front of each door makes them impenetrable. You can also move around the 25 foot tall shelves to make barricades and shelter within the store. Now you have a goddamn castle.

3. Food, water, weapons, and resources. Now that you have a castle, what about the essentials, like toilet paper and Twinkies. Well, Hostess is out of business, and the Toilet paper is in aisle 13. As far as power, most of the larger stores have a massive, fenced in generator out back that is capable of running the entire store, with a shed usually next to it filled with oil drums containing fuel. And as far as the forklifts go, they run on propane tanks that are in the back on a large rack, or you could use the propane grill tanks they have in the store as well. And as for water, there tends to be a large rack in the back of the store that contains 5 gallon water jugs, equating out to a couple hundred gallons of clean water. As for food, that's the kicker. While there is food in the vending machines and some candy and shit up front, that stuff won't get you anywhere, but I'll address this issue later. As for weapons, most people will bring guns and stuff. But those won't have ammo forever. If you go to the Lawn and garden department, there will be racks filled with pitchforks, shovels, axes, chainsaws, and other pointy things that will never see a garden again. And in tools you will find nail guns and saws and drills, and they aren't for carpentry anymore.

4. Now what? We have a fortress with no food. How do we defend this place? How will we get food? How do we know who our guys are in a place this big? Easy. go into the back and there will be lockers. Bust them open. You will find red vests for the employees. Everyone who has one is friendly, everyone who doesn't is dead. As for watching the place, you can patrol the place or use the cameras located in the Loss Prevention office to watch the store for intruders or zombies. As for food. The store generally has a couple of trucks laying around that have full tanks of gas. Pull them up to the loading bays to safely get into the vehicle and drive to the nearest grocery store, considering most Lowes' are in the middle of large shopping centers. It won't be easy in a zombie apocalypse, but hey, its a zombie apocalypse so quit bitching about everything; please? If you would rather use your own vehicle, there tends to be large garage doors big enough to fit your own car in or out of for a quick escape, bat-mobile style. Or gangnam style, i dunno.

5. Survival. You win.

What'd you guys think? I think it's a damn good plan, but I might've been missing a few details. Post up what I could do better, or how you would show me up.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 25 November 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#2 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

So your going to go to a place where everyon else is going to go. No thanks in a bug out situation I want to be as far away as possible from the nutbags as possible people go crazy fast sorry the only thing friendly is something that isnt living anymore as for ammo you should'nt be shooting at everything that moves
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#3 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

We've got enough weapons to arm a small army between my family.we also own land where there used to be a small farm town that we can bug out to. Beryl just rang so I need to cut it short
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

To be honest if you live in a crowded area i.e. a large suburb or city, chances are the roads would get bottled up with everyone leaving at the same time. Either you plan on leaving on foot, or waiting it out and leaving later. And do many people really think of Lowes? I was banking on the fact that they probably wouldn't. If so, then yeah obviously get the fuck out. But let's say you can't, what would you do.

#5 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

why survive?

world goes to shit my plan is hookers and blow until i die. which would probably be in a matter of days.

so i know what your saying, i should be prepping by collecting massive amounts of hookers and blow. we'll im already a mile ahead of you ...

Edited by cockerpunk, 26 November 2012 - 10:43 AM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#6 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

my plan as it stands right now is to take my bug out kit to the ski area i work at and go up to the snowmakers hut and wait out the storm... plenty of wild edibiles and game and clean water on the mountain... as for shelter... there are pump houses, ski patrol and snow maker huts all over the mountain... and the terrain is rough enough where most people wont even think about coming up a 60+% grade... and being that i work there i have access to all the tracked vehicles i want to be able to move around the mountain with ease... anybody that comes my way that i dont line the looks of will be shot at (yes, i actually follow the 6 S's when it comes to non aggressors; Shout, Show, Shove, Shoot to warn, Shoot to wound, Shoot to kill)

Edited by OEFVeteran, 26 November 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#7 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

my plan as it stands right now is to take my bug out kit to the ski area i work at and go up to the snowmakers hut and wait out the storm... plenty of wild edibiles and game and clean water on the mountain... as for shelter... there are pump houses, ski patrol and snow maker huts all over the mountain... and the terrain is rough enough where most people wont even think about coming up a 60+% grade... and being that i work there i have access to all the tracked vehicles i want to be able to move around the mountain with ease... anybody that comes my way that i dont line the looks of will be shot at (yes, i actually follow the 5 S's when it comes to non aggressors; Shout(1), Show(2), Shove(3), Shoot to warn(4), Shoot to wound(5), Shoot to kill(6))

Dafuq?

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#8 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

my plan as it stands right now is to take my bug out kit to the ski area i work at and go up to the snowmakers hut and wait out the storm... plenty of wild edibiles and game and clean water on the mountain... as for shelter... there are pump houses, ski patrol and snow maker huts all over the mountain... and the terrain is rough enough where most people wont even think about coming up a 60+% grade... and being that i work there i have access to all the tracked vehicles i want to be able to move around the mountain with ease... anybody that comes my way that i dont line the looks of will be shot at (yes, i actually follow the 5 S's when it comes to non aggressors; Shout(1), Show(2), Shove(3), Shoot to warn(4), Shoot to wound(5), Shoot to kill(6))

Dafuq?

was a typo fuckin deal with it....
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

(yes, i actually follow the 5 S's when it comes to non aggressors; Shout(1), Show(2), Shove(3), Shoot to warn(4), Shoot to wound(5), Shoot to kill(6))

Dafuq?

was a typo fuckin deal with it....

lol

#10 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

bug out to the local wildlife reserve (few miles away)

#11 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I dont need to move in the event of a zombie apocalypse, i live in a fairly small part of town surrounded by woods with plenty of game and water.

:tup: For living in the sticks.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#12 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Well in a complete STHF situation. I would gather my basement full of "Toys" empty my food stockpile load up my zodiac inflatable then load up my families 45 foot Grady white fishing boat moorred in the river behind my house with food gas meds and guns and make for a safe port. Most likely somewhere in the carribean.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#13 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

why survive?

world goes to shit my plan is hookers and blow until i die. which would probably be in a matter of days.

so i know what your saying, i should be prepping by collecting massive amounts of hookers and blow. we'll im already a mile ahead of you ...

Lol

#14 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Well in a complete STHF situation. I would gather my basement full of "Toys" empty my food stockpile load up my zodiac inflatable then load up my families 45 foot Grady white fishing boat moorred in the river behind my house with food gas meds and guns and make for a safe port. Most likely somewhere in the carribean.

I have a simlar plan. Mine consists of going down to the marina and stealing a boat.

#15 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Stack up on Monster Balls

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users