6 replies to this topic

#1 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Just started playing it and it was going great, but then it crashed. Seems like every 30 minutes to an hour it would crash. Found out it requires a minimum of 4GB ram, so basically it will crash on any 32 bit system (they support maximum 4 gb memory, and that includes both system memory and GPU memory. I have 3gb system memory and 1gb GPU memory right now). Ended up buying some more ram for a total of 15 gb, but now I need to change my OS. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade from a 32 bit to a 64 bit os. Any suggestions? I'm probably going to purchase XP x64 on ebay for $50, but if there's a cheaper option I'd be all ears. Unless it's Vista. Fuck vista.

Posted Image

#2 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well, there are ways of getting any Windows for cheaper. A lot cheaper.

Planetside is one big clusterfuck. There is no system to anything it seems like and everything is just messy. (Most likely cause it's new)
But the concept for this game is great! And it does have some serious potentional.

#3 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

You haven't joined an outfit yet or a squad. Once you do that it just begins to click.

Posted Image

#4 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

I downloaded and played it. I like it. It is a little too mouse sensitive i find and i had to crank sensitivity way down. It is really cool how big it is, only problem is that it can be too big and you run around not knowing what the hell youre supposed to be doing and not many people like to communicate unless they are in a squad of friends. It is also kind of pay to play style which bugs me but Other than that it is a pretty fun game and its free.

Posted Image

#5 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

You haven't joined an outfit yet or a squad. Once you do that it just begins to click.

I'll have to try that. Also, if you're in for some gaming just PM me your Skype or something. :tup:

#6 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

And it's still shit!

The game needed to stay in beta for another 6 months. I stopped playing it after about day 3 of the closed beta.

Edited by drexler, 06 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#7 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

I love PS2. Playing with an outfit or squad will make your first few hours of the game MUCHHHH better.
once you get the hang of the basics, you can lone wolf to your hearts content. if you have no idea whats going on, then lone wolfing is hard.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users