• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Fapner

Fapner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

So the last few weeks i have taken my Sniper out to play and each week i have the same problem with the gun and am forced to swap to my slg in order to play. I have not yet taken it in to be looked at Nor do i really know what to troubleshoot.

Airing up and dry firing is fine, no problems, but when i fill the hopper and load up a ball it tents to get pinched alot. Causing the forward stroke to stop, and by that time, the damage is done and the ball is broken.I have changed my hoppers settings to make the pressure on the stack heavier, but that didnt seem to work. Took the detents out to ensure that they werent stopping the ball from being loaded into the breach, no luck.

So im starting to think the bolt is too far forward was wondering if i can get any feedback as to what it might be and or whether im on the right page.

Pic of my breach when the pump is cocked back. (Sorry for the lack of cleanliness it is being cleaned now)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Im not exactly sure what to do and im out of ideas. I checked all paint and Four different kinds over the past few weekends so it leads me to believe its not the paint.

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

#2 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

I would try the following.

-Shake and shoot hopper just to be sure its not the loader, as some closed bolt guns are not a fan of tension loaders (at least in my experience)
-Do you live in a humid environment which would cause the paint to swell a ton?
-Is that the furthers the bolt goes back? ot is that just when it cocks?

EDIT: I really need to learn how to read...

David A. is right.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 27 November 2012 - 01:23 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#3 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Good news for you, I think your problem is easily remedied. Sounds to me like you are using too tight of a barrel back. While I am a big proponent of underboring, the kit that comes with the Sniper goes all the way down to .675, that can be too tight for some paint.

Start by dropping a few paintball into your barrel backs, If the paint rolls though, the bore is too big. If the sits on top and is hard to push in, then too small. The paint should just fit, but need to be blown through, the paint should fit snugly, but you should not need to force it. instal that barrel back on you Sniper and you should be in good shape.

Good Luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#4 Fytox

Fytox

HERP DERP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I will bet it's your loader, or swelled paint.

What bore is the paint you are shooting?

Also, like said previous. Try a gravity hopper.

#5 Fapner

Fapner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Firstly, Thank you all for the quick responses. I live in cali and it has been quite hot lately so i believe it can be swelled paint, but when i put the same bag in my SLG it shot perfectly fine. Not a single break the rest of the day (nor pinch for that matter). This same problem has been happening the past 3 weekends, and the first couple i thought it was just that (regarding to the bore of my barrel) and i put on a .685 which was propperly bored for my paint (used same barrel on my slg later that day). This past weekend i took it to the firing range and basically tore it apart, I put on a barrel that came stock with my slg (has to be a .690 or higher because the paint was rolling out when loaded properly with detents removed), Loading the balls one at a time to watch it load, It worked fine 9/10 times which that 10th it would pinch the ball like my problem. The paint doesnt look mis-shaped and i cant seem to think of anything else.

This weekend i will definitely try a gravity hopper though, i havnt used one on my sniper yet because it doenst seem to fit in the clamp, i will rig it though.

#6 Fytox

Fytox

HERP DERP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Sounds like the hopper is indeed the issue. No matter what, you will always get a pinch on occasion. I find myself getting one or two throughout a night of playing; however it is only when im pumping all slowly and willy nilly. No big deal really.

#7 Fapner

Fapner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Sounds like the hopper is indeed the issue. No matter what, you will always get a pinch on occasion. I find myself getting one or two throughout a night of playing; however it is only when im pumping all slowly and willy nilly. No big deal really.

mine seems to be when i pump too quickly. idk, ill try it again and just steal a buddies Premium paint to be sure thats its not the swelled paint. Thanks for your guys' help. Ill throw some more feedback up if i figure out the issue.

#8 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Try adjusting your cocking rod length. You can change that by screwing/ unscrewing the rods from the sled. Also as a tip, if you adjust the timing on the auto trigger you can really fly on it.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#9 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

(has to be a .690 or higher because the paint was rolling out when loaded properly with detents removed)

What does this mean?
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#10 Fytox

Fytox

HERP DERP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

(has to be a .690 or higher because the paint was rolling out when loaded properly with detents removed)

What does this mean?

The barrel was a big bore. Paint rolled through it.

#11 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

What does this mean?

The barrel was a big bore. Paint rolled through it.

What's that about detents removed?

#12 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

All the detents do is prevent double feeds, the small bore barrels act as a ball detent. With that being said I use the .680 back in my sniper

#13 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

All the detents do is prevent double feeds

Yeah so what's this silliness about removing detents?

#14 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

All the detents do is prevent double feeds

Yeah so what's this silliness about removing detents?

I'm curious also

#15 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Are you tightening the feedneck too much. That could cause feeding issues or paint damage. Just a thought, my sniper works just fine with gravity and forced hoppers. What hopper do you have? I'll break mine out later today and see how it compares to your pics just to be sure.

Edited by Mandoade, 30 November 2012 - 06:13 AM.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

#16 Fapner

Fapner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

I took out the detents to see if maybe they were the source of the balls not reaching getting into the breach. For those asking.

And I doubt I am tightening it too much... I'll loosen it ad see if thats the problem. I'm using a invert too.

#17 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

can you take a picture down the feedneck without a hopper and with the bolt in the full back position?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users