• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

i was curious what muscles actually get used in paintball i've started running and lifting lately im following a very basic lifting routine. i was curious what muscles actually get used, so i can formulate a more custom workout. i play back and dorito side but depending on the team im playing with ive been sent to the front so i would like to work muscles that help me play better the most.

#2 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

everything...
OFWGKTA

#3 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Do a Lot of core and endurance work-outs.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#4 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

everything...

not really sure how i use my biceps in paintball? just one example

thanks ive been working the core quite a bit any that will help snapping speed?

#5 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

everything...

lol think----> speak
OFWGKTA

#6 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

I would say just doing them and muscle memory helps. I mostly use my legs to snap shot. My arms stay in the same position, while i use my calfs/quads to actually pop in and out.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#7 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

everything...

You have to hold your gun up.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#8 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

When I snap one started trying to use the method in one with the gun where you roll at the hip smaller target

#9 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Holding your gun is about it though and I don't believe an average male in decent shape would need to focus on the biceps to do so.

Edited by TJO, 28 November 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#10 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Holding your gun is about it though and I don't believe an average male in decent shape would need to focus on the biceps to do so.

That's not what you asked.. dont criticize us answering your question
OFWGKTA

#11 Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Simple to the question above, the better toned my bicep muscle is to a opposing player, theoretically I should be able to raise my marker faster than my opponent on break. If all is equal of course, we aren't considering height and any other factors that could affect this. I would say cardio, personally, has helped my ability to get more people out of the game. I play mostly woods, and cardio is very easily applied when I can just outflank my opponents at get to better shooting positions easier. In speedball, I found that my knowledge in blocks from track helped on "break". Because lacrosse is a spring sport, I will assume that you won't learn how to this, but I found it very beneficial and you should look up on it if committed, its pretty easy. Other than that, maintaining overall good physical fitness is the only real important thing I see important in paintball. Hope this helps. -Dan
Super Nintendo, Sega Gensis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.
-Biggie Smalls
Learned the hard way not to use a speedfeed when its raining. 8/6/11

#12 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Everything is used in paintball. Period. Just work on every muscle and work on your flexibility and endourance. If you have two and a half hours of extra time on your hands every day, finding a swim team that trains six times a week will put you into shape.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#13 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

your legs is #1.

Then I'd say your lats. Your lats "latissimus Dorsi Muscle" Controls your shoulder movement, and without having strong lats your ability to bring your gun up and down and side to side will slow down extemely when the day progresses.

next and another cruscial muscle. The sternocleidomastoid (Neck muscle) your constantly using this muscle every day, all day especially in paintball. Ever have a charlie horse in your neck and feel how worthless you were all day? Well get that puppy into shape and you will be able to head check faster then Charlie Sheen snorts... his medicine ... for his allergies.

#14 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

your legs is #1.

Then I'd say your lats. Your lats "latissimus Dorsi Muscle" Controls your shoulder movement, and without having strong lats your ability to bring your gun up and down and side to side will slow down extemely when the day progresses.

next and another cruscial muscle. The sternocleidomastoid (Neck muscle) your constantly using this muscle every day, all day especially in paintball. Ever have a charlie horse in your neck and feel how worthless you were all day? Well get that puppy into shape and you will be able to head check faster then Charlie Sheen snorts... his medicine ... for his allergies.

idk if ur right about lats
OFWGKTA

#15 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

look it up :)

Lats are important for arm mobility. It helps bring your arms up and down, they also help keep your elbows in.

#16 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

look it up :)

Lats are important for arm mobility. It helps bring your arms up and down, they also help keep your elbows in.

they dont bring them up
OFWGKTA

#17 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Obliques are very important. A strong core allows for fast snap shooting. They call it a core because it is the core of your body. You need a strong core to succeed in any sport.

#18 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

thanks for the specific muscles i can work i appreciate all the help

#19 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Work everything but do a little bit extra on legs and core. Strong legs allow for explosive acceleration and core for snap shooting.

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Good legs and a good amount of endurance help a ton. Core helps when leaning out and shooting, especially if you play a bunker that requires that such as snake or the cans. I mostly focus on endurance and leg excersises.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#21 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

biceps are used almost all the time. at least i use mine when i play. also shoulders, core, quads, hamstrings, calves. little bit of triceps back. yea pretty much everything

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#22 Dits

Dits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

everything...

WOLF HALEY TYLER THE CREATOR I SAW YOUR SIGNATURE BRO!

#23 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Simple to the question above, the better toned my bicep muscle is to a opposing player, theoretically I should be able to raise my marker faster than my opponent on break. If all is equal of course, we aren't considering height and any other factors that could affect this. I would say cardio, personally, has helped my ability to get more people out of the game. I play mostly woods, and cardio is very easily applied when I can just outflank my opponents at get to better shooting positions easier. In speedball, I found that my knowledge in blocks from track helped on "break". Because lacrosse is a spring sport, I will assume that you won't learn how to this, but I found it very beneficial and you should look up on it if committed, its pretty easy. Other than that, maintaining overall good physical fitness is the only real important thing I see important in paintball. Hope this helps. -Dan

In addition, biceps help with "pulling" the ground when your sprinting up the snake on all fours.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#24 RockyPBallin

RockyPBallin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Most sports played on your feet use the same major muscle groups legs, core and back. These muscles are the largest factors in creating explosive power. Work these groups at least 2 times a day. Suggested work outs.... But do it carefully. With bad technique with these workouts you will hurt yourself. Squats,deadlifts, hangcleans bench

#25 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

You use every muscles in paintball. People who are in shape and never played paintball before will be sore in the strangest places. But cardio is the most important when it comes to paintball.

#26 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Try working on your traps as well. You might not notice but even though your marker isn't as heavy, it can get tiring to be tensing your trapezoids for a long period of time. I find it helps to do some shrugs few times a week to strengthen those muscles.

Lowest price Paintball equipments

http://paintballgunsforsalenow.com

Over 2000 fans on Facebook:
https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage

#27 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Most sports played on your feet use the same major muscle groups legs, core and back. These muscles are the largest factors in creating explosive power. Work these groups at least 2 times a day. Suggested work outs.... But do it carefully. With bad technique with these workouts you will hurt yourself. Squats,deadlifts, hangcleans bench

I disagree 100%. Workout at least 2 times a day? You should only workout once a day and have a day of rest between workouts. Twice a day will make you sore, loose strength and cause injuries.

#28 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Legs : running, diving, sliding, etc
Core : snapping
Upper body : snapping , shooting , everything related to using your marker

You don't really want to just isolate certain muscles, you should be consistently using all your muscles to improve overall strength and stamina. Swimming is king, after that jogging. Then comes weights and stuff.
Also practice snapping from behind cover and shooting a soda can that's hanging on a string 20+ yards away. Also practice diving and sliding up to cover and not breaking your gat while doing it.
I personally don't have a set routine, I just do sit-ups and push-ups every morning and jog as much as possible.

#29 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Isn't the heart a muscle that also doubles as an organ?
Cardio is pretty important, no? Bad cardio means fatigue in the middle of the day.
Normally when you work cardio you also work legs, but you also should focus on your legs specifically.

#30 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Do shoulder workouts
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users