• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snackpack

Snackpack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Just thought I'd suggest this field for anyone located near Savannah. Open Friday nights and all day Saturday and Sunday. The more the merrier, the crowds there have been getting bigger recently. In my Sig there's a link to their Facebook page.

#2 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Any pictures of the fields?

I might be able to talk some of my friends into taking a trip if they could see what we are getting into.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#3 Snackpack

Snackpack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'll see what I can do about getting you some current pictures. There's a link to our facebook page in my signature. We're constantly trying to improve our fields and expand. Currently we have three fields, a 5-man airball field, a castle field and a scrapyard field.

#4 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Looking forward to the pictures. How many refs do you have employed if you don't mind me asking? I had some horrible experiences at a field that only had one ref employed.

#5 Snackpack

Snackpack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Right now we are a smaller field for sure, we typically have one or two refs with each group. May I ask what these experiences were so we can try to avoid them?

#6 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Right now we are a smaller field for sure, we typically have one or two refs with each group. May I ask what these experiences were so we can try to avoid them?

Just issues with the safety concerns and overshooting.

1) Ref would tell everyone that they need to have their mask on when inside the net then he would come in there without his mask on.

2) After calling myself out walking off the field I was overshot in the head.

I guess my home babied us to much and enforced the rules to an extreme extent. They pride themselves on not having am accident at their field.

#7 Snackpack

Snackpack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Even with one ref I guarantee these things would never occur, safety is the number one priority, having a good time is a close second. Very often the two go hand in hand, at least in my opinion. If you do plan on coming down, lately Saturdays have had bigger crowds, the employees and tournament guys typically just play 3 and 5 man on Sundays. I don't know why rec players don't make it out Sundays as much. I personally won't be down there till right before new years (its my winter break from school) but if you need anything talk to Mike and he will take good care of you. I like to think were a great group of guys running things out at Hoppers if there's any questions or suggestions you have I can PM you my cell phone number. We appreciate the interest, we're trying to make a good impression on all our new customers.

-Bennie

#8 Snackpack

Snackpack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hey sorry I haven't been able to get you pictures, being back home in MD I've been trying to get someone to take some for me but it hasn't quite worked out. I hope you get the general idea though from some of our FB photos. Nothing is set in stone yet but I am hoping to organize a streetball event for the end of January beginning of February. It would be awesome if you came down and brought some friends. I'll keep you posted on here, there is also a thread on PbNation dedicated to Hoppers.

#9 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

It's cool. I am still trying to organize a group of people for trips to your fields and others in Georgia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users