• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Is there anything important i have to do with my new drone dx. Just got it in the mail with a 68 4500 through ansgear but they forgot to send me the loader so i will get that in a week.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Nothing really, just run paint through it.

#3 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

ans gear put a energy paintball batter in it. Would leaving the battery in drain it even if the gun was off?

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

ans gear put a energy paintball batter in it. Would leaving the battery in drain it even if the gun was off?

This happens to everything electronic, take if out if you are not going to use your marker for a few months.

#5 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

also wondering why when my marker is on, and i pull the trigger slowly, i hear the first click of the microswitch, and then another click that is somewhere in the gun. Is this second click the solenoid?

#6 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

or maybe this second click is the force shoot when you hold down the trigger to shot a ball even if there isn't one in the breach.

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Sorry for all the questions. I have two more.

1. I just set the trigger on my new drone. I kinda followed mikes advice where the trigger pull is not short and the activation point is near the end. My tension is medium. How can i tell if my trigger will have a lot of bounce?

2. in this video. the guy at 5:13 flicks his drive train and the bolt comes out. My doesn't do that when i flick it. Will i just have to break the gun in or will i be having FSDO?

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Sorry for all the questions. I have two more.

1. I just set the trigger on my new drone. I kinda followed mikes advice where the trigger pull is not short and the activation point is near the end. My tension is medium. How can i tell if my trigger will have a lot of bounce?
WALK THE TRIGGER.

2. in this video. the guy at 5:13 flicks his drive train and the bolt comes out. My doesn't do that when i flick it. Will i just have to break the gun in or will i be having FSDO?

Take off all the lube and re-lube it with DOW 33

also wondering why when my marker is on, and i pull the trigger slowly, i hear the first click of the microswitch, and then another click that is somewhere in the gun. Is this second click the solenoid?

The first one may be the microswitch and the second the solenoid.

#9 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Use the new macdev militia lube if you're having velocity issues. This lube comes in an orange tipped tube found on the macdev store or anything macdev related.

And yes you're supposed to hear the solenoid click. You can verify this sound by holding the trigger w/o anything in the breech when the marker is turned on.

#10 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Use the new macdev militia lube if you're having velocity issues. This lube comes in an orange tipped tube found on the macdev store or anything macdev related.

And yes you're supposed to hear the solenoid click. You can verify this sound by holding the trigger w/o anything in the breech when the marker is turned on.

I took off all of the factory lube and relubed it. It seems that the two bolt switch orings are the ones that are causing the resistance. What should i do. It is a brand new drone and not shot yet. Does the bolt neccesarrily have to flick out like it does in the video?

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

i do. It is a brand new drone and not shot yet. Does the bolt neccesarrily have to flick out like it does in the video?

Shut run air through it, if it doesn't work, send it to the manufacturer.

#12 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

ok this is how it is. I have my drive train. If i pull the bolt out about 2-3 millimeters and then flick it, it will come all the way out. If i push my bolt all the way in and then flick it, it only moves about 1-2 millimeters.

#13 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

If it doesn't leak don't worry about it. The bolt engine only needs to roughly line up with the air channels in the gun, the orings take care of the rest, it will move around like mad with the inertia of the gun firing anyway.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#14 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I took off all of the factory lube and relubed it. It seems that the two bolt switch orings are the ones that are causing the resistance. What should i do. It is a brand new drone and not shot yet. Does the bolt neccesarrily have to flick out like it does in the video?

If you haven't shot it, don't worry about it being a problem until it does.

That said, I would still purchase some militia lube as depending on when the dx was manufactured, you could have gotten the white (not good) version of the lube.

If you do encounter such a problem, dry fire your marker to wear the orings a bit to see if it gets rid of the issue. Also try changing the battery if it helps.

If you want, purchase a pack of 016nbr70 buna orings from mcmaster-carr (about 3-4 bucks per 100) and try a bunch of them on your drive. See if you get that feeling in the video as a result.

#15 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ya its not overly stiff. Just a little looser and it would flick out just fine. I haven't shot it yet because im waiting until winter break when i don't have school. Should i raise the dwell from 8 to 9 ms already or only if i have problems at the field?

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Ya its not overly stiff. Just a little looser and it would flick out just fine. I haven't shot it yet because im waiting until winter break when i don't have school. Should i raise the dwell from 8 to 9 ms already or only if i have problems at the field?

Take our advise.

Spoiler

Edited by kingJurzy, 02 December 2012 - 12:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users