• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Just bought a G3 SE with a techt bolt already installed, with a 68/4500 tank. Since its used is there anything specific I should do before I start putting paint through it and using it? That plus a prophecy loader is my setup, got the whole thing for 250. Was that doing well? Also any lube suggestions, I've heard thinner lubes work well with techt bolts but wasn't sure. Thanks.
As for the screen name, its a long story.

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

That is actually a really good deal,assuming that the tank is in hydro and everything works.And as for any upgrades,you should shoot it first and see if there is anything you don't like about it.Have you ever played paintball before?(if so,how many times?)

#3 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

That is actually a really good deal,assuming that the tank is in hydro and everything works.And as for any upgrades,you should shoot it first and see if there is anything you don't like about it.Have you ever played paintball before?(if so,how many times?)

Yeah I have played. It started with just alot of older brothers friends, then once I got older my friends starting playing and after years of once a year at skirmish USA and a monthly local game at an actual field at the most. but i have been playing at that frequency for a few years, and now I want to step it up a little bit. But it will be my first electronic marker.

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

I would do a tear down/ thorough inspection of the marker, and relube the reg and bolt. Any Dow33 lube should work. (if some one wants to correct me if I'm wrong) I also believe that TechT makes their own lube, so that might be worth looking into.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 01 December 2012 - 12:48 AM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

I would do a tear down/ thorough inspection of the marker, and relube the reg and bolt. Any Dow33 lube should work. (if some one wants to correct me if I'm wrong) I also believe that TechT makes their own lube, so that might be worth looking into.

Thanks will do. Still Open to other advice and suggestions.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I will also recommend watching Mikes G3 review, just the part where he disassembles and reassembles it, just so you know how to do it.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

I will also recommend watching Mikes G3 review, just the part where he disassembles and reassembles it, just so you know how to do it.

Doing it now. Thanks

#8 D-Clutch

D-Clutch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

i used hatersauce back when i had a g3 and it worked well. if you need a lube, might want to try that out
http://www.youtube.com/clutchpb
ClutchPB Facebook Page
#ifihadglass
^my Google Glass submission. please watch and support! bring Google Glass to paintball

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users