• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

what board do you recommend for a 2011 PMR, i dont care about shooting 30 BPS because 14 is more than enough for me, i just want easier programming (its a bitch). what would do you think is the best board for a low price

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

I would save up and get a better gun before i upgrade the board.You can get another proto rail with 70 bucks with the board you are buying..

Edited by 510waffles, 01 December 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#3 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

i love that gun, dont be a ***hole who thinks that because my gun isnt a 750 dollars over priced *cough cough* that it must suck.

#4 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

He never said it sucked he just stated that its not worth buying a new board, which it isn't.

#5 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

i love that gun, dont be a ***hole who thinks that because my gun isnt a 750 dollars over priced *cough cough* that it must suck.

You're a funny guy. Everyone thinks I hate on a gun because they're not high ends and when that simply isn't true. Everyone that always makes comments like yours alwAys forgets about the logical math. Anyone asking about upgrades should do the math in their head. Your proto rail is 200+130 for the board=330 enough for an axe,closer,vice,add another 150and you're in the range of a g6r.anyone with a brain knows that all of those guns are leagues better than the rail.

Get over the idea that your gun is the best in the world. Just because you like the gun that you have doesn't mean that is the best gun you can get in your budget. This is equipment advice where we try to get you the best stuff for the lowest price. Sounds like you're looking for the equipment circle jerk forum instead.

Upgrading the board on a proto rail is like adding an exhaust system to a 92 civic. Why not save up for a upgrade to something good. The proto rail is good by itself and shouldn't be platform you upgrade. Maxing a 92 civic isn't going to be the same as a Bugatti. By the time you upgrade the rail,you could have bought yourself a real high end.until you understand that,you're just going to be angry at the world for telling you that you're wasting money

Edited by 510waffles, 01 December 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#6 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

i dont need a high end and dont want a high end, i have had bad enough experience with used guns anyways (only high ends i can afford). the proto rail is great for me, why do i need to buy an axe or vice or closer when i can already beat people with axes or vices or closers? the gun does not=skill, skill=skill.

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

He is not trying to say that a used supergun will equate to skill. He is simply stating the way to get the most gun for the projected price range you've described. If you like the gun and know you will use it for a long time, go for it. Please don't post this question here knowing full well that someone will tell you something you don't want to hear.

#8 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

ive already bought the gun, so why is he recommending guns, if im upgrading my current gun than obviously im pleased. also i never got an answer to my question. thank you

#9 soccer9kt

soccer9kt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

You gas up the marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... It doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, all that matters is your in your world next 2 hours. Live it. Love it. Paintball <3
Feedback 7/0/0:
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=206793

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

He is recommending guns because for the price range you've described it would be considered to be more bang for the buck. As for your question I would suggest the Virtue board, as its the only board I have experience with and you can't go wrong with it IMO. And if you are pleased with your purchase, awesome, do you. But please don't ask for advice in an online forum and get mad when someone gives it to you.

EDIT: lulz for the vid :lol:

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 01 December 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#11 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

nvm

Edited by Pump Player, 01 December 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#12 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

also what about the ape rampage, as it is cheaper by 35 bucks. also what boards would fit it, would any ultralite board work or only rail/reflex boards work? bringing tadao into the mix.

Edited by Pump Player, 01 December 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#13 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

The 2011 PMR uses a UL frame, so I believe any board that fits the frame will work. And as for the APE board I've never used it, but seeing as its an ANSGear 5 star item it probably isn't a bad choice.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 01 December 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#14 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

stay away from 7th element boards
My brother had one of those guns, the stock board is fine really. Has everything you need, and the gun physically can't get over 15bps anyway.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#15 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

i dont need a high end and dont want a high end, i have had bad enough experience with used guns anyways (only high ends i can afford). the proto rail is great for me, why do i need to buy an axe or vice or closer when i can already beat people with axes or vices or closers? the gun does not=skill, skill=skill.

I like how you bring up skill into every equipment advice thread. Getting a better gun dosent =more skill. gettin a better gun=getting a better gun.There are advantages to having a better gun such as efficiency, your proto rail wont be able to shoot more than 8 pods. You can say that you will never shoot more than 8 pods in a game, but lets say you do,that becomes a LIMITING FACTOR in your overall as a player. When you get a better gun, it removes some of these limiting factors and allows for full potential of your said skill

He is recommending guns because for the price range you've described it would be considered to be more bang for the buck. As for your question I would suggest the Virtue board, as its the only board I have experience with and you can't go wrong with it IMO. And if you are pleased with your purchase, awesome, do you. But please don't ask for advice in an online forum and get mad when someone gives it to you.EDIT: lulz for the vid :lol:

thank you

also what about the ape rampage, as it is cheaper by 35 bucks. also what boards would fit it, would any ultralite board work or only rail/reflex boards work? bringing tadao into the mix.

APE boards have a lot more functions on them but thats also one of their drawbacks is that there are just too many things to set and go wrong. Virtue/tadao boards are good but as i said before, youre paying 130 dollars to change modes slightly quicker. Seeing as how youre on a budget, if i was in your shoes, i would not pay 130 to change modes seeing as how you change modes once at maximum during any given playing day.

#16 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

My brother had one of those guns, the stock board is fine really. Has everything you need, and the gun physically can't get over 15bps anyway.

it can go above 15, look at the reflex rails, they go like 20-25 and theyre very similar internally, only difference is board, feedneck ASA and barrel

#17 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

im probably going to hold off on the board and just get stuff to get my autococker back up and running

#18 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

it can go above 15, look at the reflex rails, they go like 20-25 and theyre very similar internally, only difference is board, feedneck ASA and barrel

Seriously, why do you argue with everyone when they offer positive advice? I'm done with this thread.

#19 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

sorry, not trying to be an douche. im really tired right now. not had a good day today as ive been working on a school project all day which the rest of my group has completely forgot about.

#20 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

You're a funny guy. Everyone thinks I hate on a gun because they're not high ends and when that simply isn't true. Everyone that always makes comments like yours alwAys forgets about the logical math. Anyone asking about upgrades should do the math in their head. Your proto rail is 200+130 for the board=330 enough for an axe,closer,vice,add another 150and you're in the range of a g6r.anyone with a brain knows that all of those guns are leagues better than the rail.

Get over the idea that your gun is the best in the world. Just because you like the gun that you have doesn't mean that is the best gun you can get in your budget. This is equipment advice where we try to get you the best stuff for the lowest price. Sounds like you're looking for the equipment circle jerk forum instead.

Upgrading the board on a proto rail is like adding an exhaust system to a 92 civic. Why not save up for a upgrade to something good. The proto rail is good by itself and shouldn't be platform you upgrade. Maxing a 92 civic isn't going to be the same as a Bugatti. By the time you upgrade the rail,you could have bought yourself a real high end.until you understand that,you're just going to be angry at the world for telling you that you're wasting money

+1. it's like the walkons and their Tippmann syndrome. "My A5 is better than that EGO because I have an oversized rail and laser on it."

Also to OP: If you upgrade your gun, there will be no reason to upgrade your board considering most current "high end" guns have good enough boards in them with plenty of settings.

Edited by ContractKiller11, 01 December 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Guns- DM8, Karnivore, BT-4, EGO 6, NightCast, Ion Fully Uped, Geo 2.1

#21 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

will everyone stop recommending a new gun, i have had my gun for about a month now, im not going to buy a new one so soon, i plan on owning this gun for at least a year as i am 13 and cant get a fixed income.

#22 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

will everyone stop recommending a new gun, i have had my gun for about a month now, im not going to buy a new one so soon, i plan on owning this gun for at least a year as i am 13 and cant get a fixed income.

then why are you upgrading.

Sounds like everything is cool when we talk about spending money on aftermarket parts, but once we say spending money on a different gun suddenly all hell breaks loose.

Youre spending money and thats what matters. If you werent spending money on these parts then we wouldnt care, but you are so so were giving the best advice you can get. Just because youre on a budget dosen't mean upgrades are worth it. If anything, upgrades are for people that are not on a budget.

if you want an answer to your question that you like, google 2011 PMR Board and you will find your answer

Also, next time you want to tell people how you "smoked" people with DMs/Egos with your rail, you might want to think about the fact that if Justin Rabackoff shoots me out with a Nelspot dosent mean the nelspot is better than the g6r. Also just because someone with a g6r shot someone out with a nelspot dosent mean that the player with the g6r is good. Guns dont translate into skill, and skills can be limited by guns as someone in your division would get raped by a nelspot if you had a rail.

Gun=/=Skill
Skill=/=gun
But if Skill is equivalent, then things like having a better gun matter.

Edited by 510waffles, 02 December 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#23 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Alright buddy I want to help you out here. I am 13 also but I have a job at my local field. If you don't have any fixed income don't upgrade. If you really want to upgrade the board, just get a new gun. No need sinking that much money into a great gun (I have a Rail) when you can get something a hundred times better for a little bit more money. These guys know how it works, just take their advice!

#24 maymay32

maymay32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yeah I know this guy is a d!ck. He does that to me all the time and it p!isses me off.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users