• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PB Warrior35

PB Warrior35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

they are both 225 and i really like the rail just wanted your opinions thanks!

#2 GeoAkuna

GeoAkuna

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

The rail and eXTCy seem to be better choices to me. I just hear too many horror stories of the G4. It could be an easy fix for out of the box problems, but a marker should always work out of the box.

#3 jacksonhj3

jacksonhj3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I really like the g4, but if you really like the rail go with that

#4 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

rail is best for front, extcy is best for back and g4 is best for mid. i own the proto and have had no problems

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#5 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Sorry to break it to you but the g5 is $325 and the rail is $250 so they aren't the same price like you thought.

Ohio Raiders 

#6 PB Warrior35

PB Warrior35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Sorry to break it to you but the g5 is $325 and the rail is $250 so they aren't the same price like you thought.

g4 bro

#7 soccer9kt

soccer9kt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Invert Mini... Just make sure its a V3.

Whoops... someone can't read.
You gas up the marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... It doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, all that matters is your in your world next 2 hours. Live it. Love it. Paintball <3
Feedback 7/0/0:
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=206793

#8 Scirca

Scirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

2011 Rail. I have the Rail, and it's not favoritism, but the G4 has had wayyyyyyyyy too many problems. I have 2 friends who bought G4's and ended up selling them a few months later and buying Rails b/c they were too much of a pain in the ass. Plus, the Rail is a pretty nice gun.
Also, if you're gonna upgrade the rail, get a 2012 or 2013 Reflex rail instead.

Edited by Scirca, 04 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#9 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

dont listen to the people compaining about the G4. there is nothing wrong with it.... if you buy from ANS. ANS pre lubes and cleans the gun to get rid of the out of the box problems. if you treat it right, it will treat you right. the same goes for ANY gun. you treat and EGO likem shit it will treat you like shit.
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#10 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

look at op it says $225. Now look who can't read smart one

Ohio Raiders 

#11 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

I have the G4 is really good but if you are a amateur at teching guns I wouldn't reccomend it. The G4 is better but you pay a price for the better gun. By no means though is a proto rail a bad gun it is a awesome marker but the G4 is better but it comes with a price. Like the other day my G4 was leaking out of the trigger frame but i just took it apart and relubed everything and it was fine.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#12 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

I have the G4 is really good but if you are a amateur at teching guns I wouldn't reccomend it. The G4 is better but you pay a price for the better gun. By no means though is a proto rail a bad gun it is a awesome marker but the G4 is better but it comes with a price. Like the other day my G4 was leaking out of the trigger frame but i just took it apart and relubed everything and it was fine.

Yo fuck that shit dont listen to me! The G4 has turned into a nightmare for me leak there leak there it wont fucken stop! Ok so let me describe to you the horror.
Day1: Oh look its my new gun and it is flawless let me tell everyone
Day3:Is that a leak in the bolt naahhhh why woul it leak when I first get it
Day32: I hear a small leak but let me just change the oring an Im good
Day60: Trigger Frame leak NP lube the solenoid and its all good
Day61: Bolt leak? NP just replace a oring
Day62:WTF another trigger leak? Ok so I can fix that
Day63: Marcoline leak?!?!?! WTF so Im trying to get the fitting off but THEY WONT COME OFF!!!! Stupid dangerous power uses red loctite and its impossible to unscrew the fitting from the reg so NOW I have to buy a whole new reg for $40

STAY AWAY STAY AWAY DONT LISTEN TO ANYBODY'S BOLOGNA ABOUT HOWGREAT THE G4 IS IT"S NOT!!!!!!! :( :angry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:( BTW the dating is off because have had the G4 for well over a year

Edited by ccseancc143, 12 December 2012 - 02:18 AM.

My Feedback

#13 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

look at op it says $225. Now look who can't read smart one

the OP is asking about a G4 not a G5.

G4 is $279 New
G5 is $329 New

#14 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Yo fuck that shit dont listen to me! The G4 has turned into a nightmare for me leak there leak there it wont fucken stop! Ok so let me describe to you the horror.
Day63: Marcoline leak?!?!?! WTF so Im trying to get the fitting off but THEY WONT COME OFF!!!! Stupid dangerous power uses red loctite and its impossible to unscrew the fitting from the reg so NOW I have to buy a whole new reg for $40

STAY AWAY STAY AWAY DONT LISTEN TO ANYBODY'S BOLOGNA ABOUT HOWGREAT THE G4 IS IT"S NOT!!!!!!! :( :angry: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

No offense but I'm guessing user error on this.

#15 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

No offense but I'm guessing user error on this.

Nah I have been defening the G4 since I got it until now but once your out of the honeymoon phase you see its true colors.
My Feedback

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users