Photo

Eclipse Etha vs. Proto Rail 2011

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: If you don't comment, at least do this poll for me! (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Rail vs. Etha

1. Proto Rail 2011 (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Eclipse Etha (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hello everyone,

Up here in Canada, we all shop at BadlandsPaintball, and I am wondering if I should get the Proto Rail 2011 ($300), or the Eclipse Etha? ($350)

The Proto Rail has a smoother shot, but it's already 2 years old. The Rail is lighter, but the Etha trigger pull is better for me. Also, the Etha has an ECM kit, which is SICK.

I want a smoother shot, but I also want an Eclipse item. The Rail looks sexier, but I CANT DECIDE!!!

Please help,

-Stefan

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,166 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

if you want a smoother shot go for the rail. the brand has nothing to do with anything, plus the EMC kit is just bulky. just because it has the eclipse logo on it doesn't mean its better.
if you want an eclipse item just get eclipse elbow pads and the rail.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 jacksonhj3

jacksonhj3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

I would go with etha, Badlands is a service centre for PE products. If it's under warranty you could service it there instead of shipping it out to PE. The EMC is just a woodsballing add on. If you ask me etha is overall better and it's worth the extra $50

#4 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Guys please help me

#5 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

The Etha for only $50 more will definitely give you more bang for your buck then the Rail. The Etha's standard retail price goes for $400 while the Rail currently goes for $250. The only advantage you'll get with the Rail over the Etha is it's weight (lighter) and a smoother shot. The Etha pretty much beats the Rail in everything else.

I think for $350 the Etha's a steal.

#6 gocubsgo7184

gocubsgo7184

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

go with the 2011 reflex. Mine shoots great, never has any issues and has an incredibly smooth shot. I'm not taking anything away from the etha but if you want smoothness of shot reflex is the way to go. Also when comparing companies both are great and i dont think you'll have an issue when buying from either one

#7 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

If you want a smooth shot go with rail. If you don't you will be disappointed with the etha because it has a distinct ping to it.

Ohio Raiders 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users