• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Well guys the title says it all. give me opinions about the markers and i would rather have your own experiences than just the facts about the markers. Thanks!

GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 Custom, Tippmann Project Salvo, Azodin Kaos - Black, Tippmann Tipx(SOLD), Planet Eclipse Etha(SOLD), GOG Enmey - Freak Green and JT Z100 Pistol(WHY NOT!)

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I say Axe because it is $20 more than the Crossover and it preforms better than both, but out of those 2 I say the Crossover.

When I shot an Etha it was horrible.

#3 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

sorry i forgot to mention that i dont play speedball. not that i have anything against speedball it's just scenario and woodsball is more my style. I appreciate the suggestions but i was wanting to know what was better for woodsball?

GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 Custom, Tippmann Project Salvo, Azodin Kaos - Black, Tippmann Tipx(SOLD), Planet Eclipse Etha(SOLD), GOG Enmey - Freak Green and JT Z100 Pistol(WHY NOT!)

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

sorry i forgot to mention that i dont play speedball. not that i have anything against speedball it's just scenario and woodsball is more my style. I appreciate the suggestions but i was wanting to know what was better for woodsball?

Axe

#5 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

The etha is crazy durable and waterproof. I dont know if the crossover is waterproof or not. The crossover is great for long scenarios because if you run out of batteries mid-game, you can just switch it to mechanical. Very cool feature. In conclusion, I vote crossover. Thos are my opinions out of those 2. I say axe outside of the 2. But you cant go wrong with any of them.

Edited by GeezusPB, 02 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Speedball markers are better than woodsball markers at everything except getting run over by a tank.

Speedball markers are lighter and more efficient and usually more quieter than woodsball markers. All the markers you have listed are speedball markers. If you are going for looks, get a Tiberius T8.1 or a mag fed marker.

#7 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

ok thanks guys

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#8 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

I got to shoot a crossover. I really thought it was comfortable. except for the stiff trigger. ever think of getting like an olive mini? they're really cheap. And with the money left over you could get an apex or something.

#9 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

im not a big fan of the minis but how efficient are they and reliable?

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#10 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

The Etha is a great shooter, especially if you can find one used. I will admit that the composite parts do make it FEEL a little cheap. It's more mental than anything, just knowing it's not all metal. Build quality is top-notch, though, and PE has some of the best CS. Plus you could get the EMC kit if looks are that important. But kingJurzy is right, a speedball gun works just as good in the woods as a "woodsball" gun. Mike did a video on this very subject, HERE. Hope this helps.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#11 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

The newer minis are both very efficient and reliable. Miles ahead the crossover in efficiency. You just have to make sure to not get a first run mini which is easy. Get a dust color. The etha in my opinion is garbage. I hate the feel and they break easily. Not what you're looking for.

And minis are cheap!

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

If you need advice on what to look for in a mini lmk. But the rule the of thumb I follow for minis is if they shoot use it until it breaks then send it into kee for free placement parts
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#13 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

The etha in my opinion is garbage. I hate the feel and they break easily.

Please elaborate.
FEEDBACK +10

#14 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

The newer minis are both very efficient and reliable. Miles ahead the crossover in efficiency. You just have to make sure to not get a first run mini which is easy. Get a dust color. The etha in my opinion is garbage. I hate the feel and they break easily. Not what you're looking for.

And minis are cheap!

Nothing made by planet eclipse breaks easily. It may not work perfectly due to user error, but their guns are notoriously reliable and always work out of the box.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#15 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Mini triggers are shit and their asa sucks it feels like it's gonna cross thread so easily.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#16 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

I can't talk about the Crossover as I've never even touched it before. Below is my review of the Etha.

I love the Etha. It's my first marker and it feels reliable as hell while being backed by a great company. However, if you're looking for something smooth then you would probably want to stay away from this one. You do get some vibration and pinging noise from the spring (tends to fade when broken in I notice) as people state which are things that I can live with. So why do I love my Etha so much?

Packaging:
- Comes with a nice set of allen keys, huge parts kit, lube, 14.5" Shaft 4 barrel, very detailed manual, great quality barrel sock, and a nice sturdy case.

Reliability:
- It's a very durable marker built to the same standard as the Ego, Geo, or Etek platforms but at a more affordable price. It was designed to be able to take some hits, be waterproof, and perform even during cold or hot temperatures. Check out the video below.

Efficiency:
- Better than your traditional spool... Some say this is more of a poppet marker even. Flame shield activate!

Bolt:
- Simple design, easy maintenance with a rubber bolt tip. You can remove it easily with or without an allen key. This marker was designed to perform as a tournament level entry marker so it can handle the brittlest of paint without a problem. I shot GI Sportz 4 Stars (not fresh... it was oily and had dimples) with the Etha without a problem. I have also used Empire's RPS Evil with the marker and it didn't skip a beat.

Board:
- Super bright LED light which means you can easily adjust any setting even on the sunniest day. The board is super easy to use and on the back of the grip there is a mini-manual in case you forget which color is which setting.

Ergonomics:

- I love how it only uses 1 screw meaning faster access to batteries, tourney lock, etc... It feels durable and comfortable at the same time as opposed to other grips that I feel is too much rubber and can wear out faster.
- The asa is simple and a breeze to use. I love how the macroline does not protrude from the side but direct onto the asa.
- The trigger I would say is best in class for it's price range. 3 point adjustable and comfortable on your finger.
- Easy access to eyes and detents.
- It has the same amazing regulator used by Eclipse's Geos and Egos.
- Lever-lock clamping feedneck
- Composite parts... While some people don't like it they cannot deny that composite is simply more durable and cheaper to make. It's even used on real modern weapons!

Modular:
- Last but not least you can add an "EMC Rail Kit" to the Etha which is an optional attachment that you can add to the marker to make it look more tacticool. Therefore, you will be able to make your Etha adapt into a woodsball or speedball environment without changing guns. It's AWESOME!

You can also check out more reviews at pbnation.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbamYhclsUA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UlaNgnfH6U

#17 recklessbob

recklessbob

Welts Don't Wipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

honestly either will work great for you they are both backed by awesome companys who make good products.I would personally buy the etha

Edited by recklessbob, 05 December 2012 - 09:55 PM.

sounds like wayne brady is gonna have to choke a bitch.

AXE F/S/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217311
68/4500-
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=215637

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

The Etha has a regulator, the crossover to my knowledge does not. Jst this means t Etha shoots much nicer with basically the same durability since its PE. The Etha has a better board, trgger, ASA, feedneck, efficiency and more right out of the box, not to mention you can get it for cheaper than a crossover.

#19 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

if i do get the etha, i was going to get the EMC as well bcus im scenario/woodsballer. EMC is just a cosmetic thing right?

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#20 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

The Etha has a regulator, the crossover to my knowledge does not. Jst this means t Etha shoots much nicer with basically the same durability since its PE. The Etha has a better board, trgger, ASA, feedneck, efficiency and more right out of the box, not to mention you can get it for cheaper than a crossover.

The crossover has a regulator.
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#21 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

if i do get the etha, i was going to get the EMC as well bcus im scenario/woodsballer. EMC is just a cosmetic thing right?

Yup, I mean yeah you can attach stuff to it but it won't make the gun shoot better.

Edited by darthp, 06 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

FEEDBACK +10

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yup, I stand corrected. It has the option to switch the reg from the bottom of the gripframe to the front grip.

#23 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Please elaborate.

My best friend currently uses one. Although he is notorious for diving like an idiot. His etha constantly goes down. First he had some issue with the bolt or popper I think. Now his solenoid and he blames it on playing in the mud.However the etha is supposed to be crazy tough. He does play like a maniac but he cleans his gun and gear very well. He's spent so much time and effort off the field with his etha. He won't even come play until he gets a new marker. I just don't trust it. I'm not biased. I shoot a mini. It's no where near the supposed quality of the etha. But at least mine works. Just thought I would give my perspective. Didn't mean to offend.

#24 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Please elaborate.

My best friend currently uses one. Although he is notorious for diving like an idiot. His etha constantly goes down. First he had some issue with the bolt or popper I think. Now his solenoid and he blames it on playing in the mud.However the etha is supposed to be crazy tough. He does play like a maniac but he cleans his gun and gear very well. He's spent so much time and effort off the field with his etha. He won't even come play until he gets a new marker. I just don't trust it. I'm not biased. I shoot a mini. It's no where near the supposed quality of the etha. But at least mine works. Just thought I would give my perspective. Didn't mean to offend.

I think he got a lemon... And has he contacted PE about this?

#25 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

He did the first time. I think he got parts sent out to him. The last 4 times we've gone out on the weekends to play its always going down for a different reason. I could imagine that's frustrating. I'm not sure what he's going to do.

#26 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Sounds like it may be user error, maybe he put something together wrong.
FEEDBACK +10

#27 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

Could be. I'm not knocking pe. My ego 6 was my favorite gun of all time. But its just sketchy. Truthfully I feel its both. User and manufacturer.

#28 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well guys the title says it all. give me opinions about the markers and i would rather have your own experiences than just the facts about the markers. Thanks!

I love when people come into a vs thread and say to buy something completely different.

Of those two, I say go Etha, has Eclipse CS and packaging, has the option to be both a cool looking milsim gun, or a compact speedball gun.

It's got both the Shaft4 barrel and SL3 reg which is what comes on their high end markers.

#29 Pb player eh

Pb player eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Its a built in regulator if I remember

#30 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

I went ahead and got an Etha. Glad i did because it is really light and comfortable.

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#31 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

i would go with the crossover. it can go mech, you can put a regulator and macro on it if you dont like air thru grip, and its Tippmann! whats not to like

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#32 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

i would go with the crossover. it can go mech, you can put a regulator and macro on it if you dont like air thru grip, and its Tippmann! whats not to like

*reads post, looks at username...hmmm*

#33 Corey Benson

Corey Benson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

I went ahead and got an Etha. Glad i did because it is really light and comfortable.

Congrats!

Corey
Corey Benson, aka Lazarous
Rec baller
Two Planet Eclipse Etha's
Two Tippmann A5's
And a soon-to-be-smaller pile of cheap mechanical markers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users