7 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

So I've been playing in practices and such on this new team, yet I feel absolutely obsolete and do not feel that confident playing when using my Smart Parts Ion. These guys have Eteks and Ethas for their backups, save for the one who plays with a Proto Rail. Recently I've fondled the idea of ugrading it; buying a new reg, getting a (newer) asa, buying a Firebolt, getting a Blackheart board, bolt out back body kit, and I thought to myself "Why not just get a GoG eXTCy in white?(White being my tournament color)." I also have a friend who is lending me his eNVy, but I've had it for like 2-3 months, and I'm not sure he said that he'd give it to me for free or not. So what do you guys think I should do? Stick with my Ion and wait until summer where I'll have a job and just buy a Clone GT within 2 weeks? Buy an eXTCy now? Upgrade the Ion? I am almost hardset on buying an eXTCy because of my recent GoG obsession, as I preordered the eNMEy, messed around with a friends G1, and I'm borrowing an eNVy at the moment. But I am always open to suggestions, so suggest away!

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

From personal experience, save up and you won't be disappointed.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

#4 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

This or get an axe.

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

What's exactly wrong with an ion? I mean sure the shocker that was loaned to me didn't even last the first match of a tourney, but that doesn't mean you are obsolete. You can still do call outs, try to dump paint, or if you are adventurous go for bunkering and be the sacarifical lamb
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

What's exactly wrong with an ion? I mean sure the shocker that was loaned to me didn't even last the first match of a tourney, but that doesn't mean you are obsolete. You can still do call outs, try to dump paint, or if you are adventurous go for bunkering and be the sacarifical lamb

Listen to this,

While you search YouTube for Mike's video about why he hates smart-parts. (I can't find it, really tired.)

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Haha ive seen the video a multitude of times. I know why mike hates smart parts, and in my defence I did not use any of my money to buy this gun; some friend gave me his dads old ion from '06 cause said that no man should have to put up with a shitty marker as the JT Tac-5m recon. I respect the gun only because it has opened torunament opportunities at a time where I couldnt buy an electropneumatic marker.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 D-Clutch

D-Clutch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

don't hate! ions were like the honda civics of paintball, i'm proud to have owned one, upgraded the crap out of it, and then sold it for way less than what i put into it. not even being sarcastic lol...

i agree that you should save up for a nicer gun than the extcy.. you should still be relevant with that ion until then. you may not have all the new features that companies try to market, but it's electric, shoots, and (i'm assuming) fairly accurate..
http://www.youtube.com/clutchpb
ClutchPB Facebook Page
#ifihadglass
^my Google Glass submission. please watch and support! bring Google Glass to paintball

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users