13 replies to this topic

#1 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

So right now I'm split between buying a G6R or one of the high end spoolies such as the Luxe or Clone. If I got the G6R I would have the money to, and would buy the LP poppet and the new premium pillow bolt, which further reduces operating pressures. If someone has or has shot a G6R with one or both of the upgrades how does the smoothness, and more importantly the sound signature compare to a Luxe or Clone?

#2 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

So right now I'm split between buying a G6R or one of the high end spoolies such as the Luxe or Clone. If I got the G6R I would have the money to, and would buy the LP poppet and the new premium pillow bolt, which further reduces operating pressures. If someone has or has shot a G6R with one or both of the upgrades how does the smoothness, and more importantly the sound signature compare to a Luxe or Clone?

I've owned two G6R's so far, and shot one with the new weird looking bolt with the low-profile pin. I can tell you that the effects the LP Poppit were minimal. No noticeable difference from an all-stock 2011 G6R. The G6R also is very good on paint, so unless the G6R you're looking at comes with the new pillow bolt don't go out and spend the money on it. Basically the G6R is the smoothest shooting poppit on the market. It does not compare to a Luxe in terms of smoothness though. Basically get your hands on both and see which is most comfortable. Personally I am a fan of the G6R because I am a huge fan of the Bob Long trigger for semi-auto play and the ergonomics work great for me. But upgrades for it are pointless

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

I've owned two G6R's so far, and shot one with the new weird looking bolt with the low-profile pin. I can tell you that the effects the LP Poppit were minimal. No noticeable difference from an all-stock 2011 G6R. The G6R also is very good on paint, so unless the G6R you're looking at comes with the new pillow bolt don't go out and spend the money on it. Basically the G6R is the smoothest shooting poppit on the market. It does not compare to a Luxe in terms of smoothness though. Basically get your hands on both and see which is most comfortable. Personally I am a fan of the G6R because I am a huge fan of the Bob Long trigger for semi-auto play and the ergonomics work great for me. But upgrades for it are pointless

I've held and shot both stock, I've also heard that the LP poppet makes a huge change in how the G6R shoots. How much did your pressures change when you used it?

#4 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

I've held and shot both stock, I've also heard that the LP poppet makes a huge change in how the G6R shoots. How much did your pressures change when you used it?

Don't remember the exact HPR and LPR pressures I was running with, I didn't have that particular G6R in my possession for very long. It still felt like I was shooting my all stock 2011 that I had before it except for a little less barrel rise. As I said, personally I would not go out and buy upgrades for a G6R unless the one I was looking at came with them already on there. They're phenomenal shooters without any additions

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Well thats more money for paint then if go with the G6R. Is it going to be worth it for the new ASA and OLED board in the 2012?

#6 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Well thats more money for paint then if go with the G6R. Is it going to be worth it for the new ASA and OLED board in the 2012?

I love the cam-drive ASA, but as for the OLED it's a take or leave it feature. To me it's not a deal breaker if there is an OLED, I make do just fine with LED lights. I'd say if you're looking at a used one then sure if it's got the OLED Frenzy board go for it

#7 eskeoto

eskeoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I would look for a 2011 g6r. The OLED is a frenzy board made in house at BLAST. While I do like the OLED board option and the new cam drive Asa, the led board is more customizable as far as ROF (you can actually set it to 12.5 psp as opposed to only 12psp with the OLED)
I used the LP poppit. Off hand you can't really tell a difference. Your pressures do lower on the HP side only. I did notice a difference when my buddies stock g6r was shot next to mine.
The new premium bolt is supposed to lower the pressures even more (both HP and LP sides) honestly, if this is even half true, you could be looking around 60/ 170 op pressures. Now that being said... I would try to find a g6r with these upgrades in it already since the premium bolt is $100.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I would look for a 2011 g6r. The OLED is a frenzy board made in house at BLAST. While I do like the OLED board option and the new cam drive Asa, the led board is more customizable as far as ROF (you can actually set it to 12.5 psp as opposed to only 12psp with the OLED)
I used the LP poppit. Off hand you can't really tell a difference. Your pressures do lower on the HP side only. I did notice a difference when my buddies stock g6r was shot next to mine.
The new premium bolt is supposed to lower the pressures even more (both HP and LP sides) honestly, if this is even half true, you could be looking around 60/ 170 op pressures. Now that being said... I would try to find a g6r with these upgrades in it already since the premium bolt is $100.

That's good to hear as well since the 2011's are even cheaper used I might go with one of them. I would honestly prefer a fine tune BPS over an OLED since I only ever play on 15 semi or 12.5 PSP
Also, counting lights isn't really an issue since I've got an LED board now and I'm not colorblind so no problem there

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 15 December 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#9 HolyShnyKeys

HolyShnyKeys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

My G6R has the LP Poppet and I HEART it very much.

Regarding sound signature; its not going to be as quiet as the Luxe or Clones simply because it's not a spoolie. However, it is definitely not a loud gun, especially compared to other poppet style guns.

Regarding the shot feel with the LP poppet; It was a VERY noticeable difference to me. I was always a spool valve person and tried the G6R due to looks, reviews, and price. The performance was obvious once I shot it. It was easy to transfer, not only hand-to-hand, but target-to-target; it was efficient; and it was damn good looking and comfortable.

I decided to get the LP Poppet just to try it out. At the time, my teammate had a new Luxe 2.0 - his Luxe was (and still is) stock and both of our guns were not fully broken in at the time. I shot mine and his back to back and honestly felt that my G6R with the LP Poppet was smoother than his Luxe. I actually had another teammate of ours say the same thing.

Now, since he has tinkered with his gun, he has changed some of the dwell settings and flow settings on the noid, and his gun is like butter. My G6R is not as smooth, but really not that far off from his Luxe.

Hope this helps.

#10 ZERO*EGO

ZERO*EGO

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

if you're talking about buying brand new then for $1100 you can get the 2012 premium package G6R, comes with lp poppit, new pillow bolt, new style bolt pin, KO trigger, 2pc barrel(.685), and any two color anno you want, including fade or splash. to me that's the better buy over a $1500 Luxe or a $1400 Clone GT. But really it comes down to what feels better TO YOU.

Team Zero Ego
Paintball Barn

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

if you're talking about buying brand new then for $1100 you can get the 2012 premium package G6R, comes with lp poppit, new pillow bolt, new style bolt pin, KO trigger, 2pc barrel(.685), and any two color anno you want, including fade or splash. to me that's the better buy over a $1500 Luxe or a $1400 Clone GT. But really it comes down to what feels better TO YOU.

Any idea what the premium G6R's are going for used?

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 December 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#12 ZERO*EGO

ZERO*EGO

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Dont see to many premium's up for sale yet, there's probably a few on the nation, one here, fifth gun from top for $750 Blood Red Premium G6R

Team Zero Ego
Paintball Barn

#13 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Here's a look at a video I did on the Premium G6R which compares it to the 2013 Demon. It will give you a good idea how it would sound compared to a Luxe because the 2013 Demon and a Luxe shoot identical in sound signature. It will be pretty close to what a Clone GT would be like as well.

Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,927 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Here's a look at a video I did on the Premium G6R which compares it to the 2013 Demon. It will give you a good idea how it would sound compared to a Luxe because the 2013 Demon and a Luxe shoot identical in sound signature. It will be pretty close to what a Clone GT would be like as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6zMKdBPWg

Nice comparison! Would you say the G6R is easier to maintain/more reliable than spools even with the pressure tester, split body, etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users