• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I had a barrel break every shot the first time i used my brand new Azodin Kaos. They were in fact barrel breaks and not chops. Even after i cleaned my gun, it still barrel broke every shot.I then used a rental gun and it didnt break at all! Should i buy a .693 barrel?

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

No, the barrel is already most likely quite big on the gun. Check your detents to see what condition they're in. Also, what loader were you using, and if it's force-fed, what setting was it on?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

No, the barrel is already most likely quite big on the gun. Check your detents to see what condition they're in. Also, what loader were you using, and if it's force-fed, what setting was it on?

Im using a spyder fasta 9v

#4 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

One of the best ways to stop breaks is underboring this way the paint cannot bounce around.
Guns- DM8, Karnivore, BT-4, EGO 6, NightCast, Ion Fully Uped, Geo 2.1

#5 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Sorry, I'm just starting, how do i check my detents?

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

One of the best ways to stop breaks is underboring this way the paint cannot bounce around.

That's not what causes barrel breaks.

The detents are the little nubs that stick into the breech from either side, if those are worn down or broken, it could allow paintballs to sit too far forward, which would allow paint up in the stack to sit down in the breech, which would allow the bolt to hit them as it came forward, fracturing the shell. When this paint is then shot, it ruptures down in the barrel.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 04 December 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#7 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

That's not what causes barrel breaks. If your detents are fine, try switching up the paint you use, if possible, and see if it's just a bad batch of paint you got.

I don't believe it was the paint, because it worked with a rental

#8 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

are you sure i always heard that underboring causes more breaks because it squeezes the paintballs. Overboring is easier on paint, has the same accuracy, and is quieter. Its only disadvantage is efficiency and i believe consistency but the latter may just depend on paint.

#9 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

The detents are the little nubs that stick into the breech from either side, if those are worn down or broken, it could allow paintballs to sit too far forward, which would allow paint up in the stack to sit down in the breech, which would allow the bolt to hit them as it came forward, fracturing the shell. When this paint is then shot, it ruptures down in the barrel.
[/quote]
What do i do if my detents are bad? I don't think it would because its brand new though. If its not the detents, what else can i do?

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Safely underboring does not cause more barrel breaks. You can get up to like .007ish under and be fine. .004 is about the butter zone for proper underboring. That said, the barrel is not the issue here, unless there are physical deformities that can be seen or felt in the stock barrel.

If the detents look ok, take a paintball and stick it in the breech, and see how far forward it sits. Push it a little, and see if it's easy to push past the detents. The Fasta puts quite a bit of pressure on the paintballs, so it could simply be pushing past the ability of the detents.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 04 December 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#11 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

are you sure i always heard that underboring causes more breaks because it squeezes the paintballs. Overboring is easier on paint, has the same accuracy, and is quieter. Its only disadvantage is efficiency and i believe consistency but the latter may just depend on paint.

I've seen quite a few people break paint and then underbore and shoot lazers.. Probably depends on the paint used too. I've really never saw it tested before.. Only saw it in a video and on the field a couple times..
Guns- DM8, Karnivore, BT-4, EGO 6, NightCast, Ion Fully Uped, Geo 2.1

#12 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Does your Fasta have the upgraded impeller with the hoses on the tips?
Before mine had those the Fasta was punching little holes into the balls as it fed them into the gun. They looked like barrel breaks but it wasn't the gun's fault.
If you have a simple, unadgitated hopper, try using that too.

#13 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Does your Fasta have the upgraded impeller with the hoses on the tips?
Before mine had those the Fasta was punching little holes into the balls as it fed them into the gun. They looked like barrel breaks but it wasn't the gun's fault.
If you have a simple, unadgitated hopper, try using that too.

Im sorry, i was actually using a gravity hopper that day. I also checked my detents and they were fine. If it isnt my paint, barrel, detents or hopper, then what's the cause of my barrel breaks?

Edited by airwind336, 05 December 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#14 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

What kind of paint were you shooting and what were you chronoed at?

#15 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

What kind of paint were you shooting and what were you chronoed at?

My field paint, which idk what it is, but it can't be the paint, because it worked in a rental. i checked it after and it was at 210 fps.

#16 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

My detents are fine, the paint can be blown out the barrel, its all clean. I still haven't figured it out

#17 CRU

CRU

Rhinoceruses don't wear shirts

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ok first thing may be a bit off topic but I have to say it. Over boring is less consistent than under boring which means it is less accurate. The boys at punks works have spent a TON of time testing that and in EVERY case under boring was show to be more accurate / consistent.

Back on topic, If there is something wrong with your barrel, lick a small nick on the inside, it could fracture the shell and break paint. If the paint was cold or brittle, and the non rental gun runs at a higher operating pressure, it could be a bit rougher on the paint and possibly break the shell in the loading process. I have seen some barrels that were slightly bent break paint like a blender.

Is the paint breaking at the center of the barrel or closer to the threads?

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Ok first thing may be a bit off topic but I have to say it. Over boring is less consistent than under boring which means it is less accurate. The boys at punks works have spent a TON of time testing that and in EVERY case under boring was show to be more accurate / consistent.

Overboring and underboring are both about as consistent as each other. It takes an FPS spread of over +- 15ish fps before we can even see any change in accuracy. That is what Punkworks has said.

#19 CRU

CRU

Rhinoceruses don't wear shirts

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

you wanna fight hairy boy?

#20 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,067 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

#21 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

MODWARZ

Posted Image

#22 airwind336

airwind336

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Back on topic, If there is something wrong with your barrel, lick a small nick on the inside, it could fracture the shell and break paint. If the paint was cold or brittle, and the non rental gun runs at a higher operating pressure, it could be a bit rougher on the paint and possibly break the shell in the loading process. I have seen some barrels that were slightly bent break paint like a blender.

Is the paint breaking at the center of the barrel or closer to the threads?

im not sure, but i believe its the center

#23 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Something is fracturing the paint before its being shot. Check for abnormalities on anything, have you dropped your barrel by chance and dented it? That would be enough to cause breaks. I dropped a barrel one time and dented the threaded end, it would break every ball after that and had to be trashed. Also it very well could be the paint, and spyders are hard on paint. We're you using like marbs in your gun? If it was too brittle the bolt could fracturing them becUsof the spring tension.

Edited by junits15, 06 December 2012 - 12:08 AM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users