• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 RStephens00

RStephens00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

comment with thoughts and comments of the etha also comment for cool upgrades that should be made for it!

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

nice try, PE research department.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

The Axe shits down it's feedneck in every single way except that the Etha is an overpriced P.O.S.

#4 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I love the Etha. It's my first marker and it feels reliable as hell while being backed by a great company. However, if you're looking for something smooth then you would probably want to stay away from this one. You do get some vibration and pinging noise from the spring (tends to fade when broken in I notice) as people state which are things that I can live with. So why do I love my Etha so much?

Packaging:
- Comes with a nice set of allen keys, huge parts kit, lube, 14.5" Shaft 4 barrel, very detailed manual, great quality barrel sock, and a nice sturdy case.

Reliability:
- It's a very durable marker built to the same standard as the Ego, Geo, or Etek platforms but at a more affordable price. It was designed to be able to take some hits, be waterproof, and perform even during cold or hot temperatures. Check out the video below.

Efficiency:
- Better than your traditional spool... Some say this is more of a poppet marker even. Flame shield activate!

Bolt:
- Simple design, easy maintenance with a rubber bolt tip. You can remove it easily with or without an allen key. This marker was designed to perform as a tournament level entry marker so it can handle the brittlest of paint without a problem. I shot GI Sportz 4 Stars (not fresh... it was oily and had dimples) with the Etha without a problem. I have also used Empire's RPS Evil with the marker and it didn't skip a beat.

Board:
- Super bright LED light which means you can easily adjust any setting even on the sunniest day. The board is super easy to use and on the back of the grip there is a mini-manual in case you forget which color is which setting.

Ergonomics:

- I love how it only uses 1 screw meaning faster access to batteries, tourney lock, etc... It feels durable and comfortable at the same time as opposed to other grips that I feel is too much rubber and can wear out faster.
- The asa is simple and a breeze to use. I love how the macroline does not protrude from the side but direct onto the asa.
- The trigger I would say is best in class for it's price range. 3 point adjustable and comfortable on your finger.
- Easy access to eyes and detents.
- It has the same amazing regulator used by Eclipse's Geos and Egos.
- Lever-lock clamping feedneck
- Composite parts... While some people don't like it they cannot deny that composite is simply more durable and cheaper to make. It's even used on real modern weapons!

Modular:
- Last but not least you can add an "EMC Rail Kit" to the Etha which is an optional attachment that you can add to the marker to make it look more tacticool. Therefore, you will be able to make your Etha adapt into a woodsball or speedball environment without changing guns. It's AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbamYhclsUAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UlaNgnfH6U

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Figure out a way so that it doesn't feel like a tuning fork whenever it shoots.

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Wow, so much hate.....

I find mine shoots nicely. I kinda want to try the EMC, but it's expensive and I'm a poor college student. I've owned or at least played multiple games with the Axe and most of the Dangerous Powers, and I'd take an Etha first any day of the week. (The Axe shoots about the same, but I HATE the way it feels in my hands)

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Ethas shit down the axes overpriced butthole feedneck every day!

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#8 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

No more Etha. Gtek now.
Seriously. I want one
But on the real, I liked the etha.needs to vibrate less and not come with a ridiculously overbored barrel. At least bring it down to .689. Also, better grips, preferably nice wraparounds

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 06 December 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#9 newmz94

newmz94

Paintballs are my shampoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

The trigger is a little stiff imo. I like it. It does make a weird ping noise when it shoots, but other than that, is is durable, easy to maintain.

Edited by newmz94, 06 December 2012 - 11:10 PM.

The_Economist, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:snapback.png

Bacause you have to point your gun at the sky whenever you reload. Just like you have to press your back flat against any kind of cover you may be using, and you have to lift your mask whenever you have something important to say, even if you are under fire from the other team.

Sheesh, what kind of paintball have you been playing?

#10 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I like the one grip screw idea. Also the shaft 4s are amazing.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

The Ethas are a nice gun to shoot, but to me, it's only because of the Planet Eclipse games. A friend loaned me his to use for 3-4 weeks for practice, and I noticed things went wrong with it such as random shooting/chops, annoying bolt stick, and odd drop offs at odder intervals. I like the concept, and the fact it's a beginner class tournament paintball gun, but things need to be tweaked. I'd love to see a tool-less disassembly design, or maybe Planet Eclipse could make their entry-level marker be macrolineless, to increase the simplicity of maintainence. The feedneck does indeed needs to get better, and, although the one grip screw thing is very innovative, just the thought bugged me while using it. The trigger needs to also be improved a tad bit, since it seemed too stiff for me. Personally I'd get a Dangerous Power Fusion FX over this any day. I also feel that for a gun such as this, minus the shaft 4 barrel, is overpriced. But don't get me wrong, this was a lot better than using my Ion for sure, and I was satisfied while using the gun. Despite the fact that my Ion may be my primary, I have used high-ends and mid-ends far more than I've ever used my Ion or eNVy.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 RStephens00

RStephens00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

lol think this is the PE research department retard

#13 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

IMO it is worth it to save up abit more money for an etek 4 lt.

#14 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

The Ethas are a nice gun to shoot, but to me, it's only because of the Planet Eclipse games. A friend loaned me his to use for 3-4 weeks for practice, and I noticed things went wrong with it such as random shooting/chops, annoying bolt stick, and odd drop offs at odder intervals. I like the concept, and the fact it's a beginner class tournament paintball gun, but things need to be tweaked. I'd love to see a tool-less disassembly design, or maybe Planet Eclipse could make their entry-level marker be macrolineless, to increase the simplicity of maintainence. The feedneck does indeed needs to get better, and, although the one grip screw thing is very innovative, just the thought bugged me while using it. The trigger needs to also be improved a tad bit, since it seemed too stiff for me. Personally I'd get a Dangerous Power Fusion FX over this any day. I also feel that for a gun such as this, minus the shaft 4 barrel, is overpriced. But don't get me wrong, this was a lot better than using my Ion for sure, and I was satisfied while using the gun. Despite the fact that my Ion may be my primary, I have used high-ends and mid-ends far more than I've ever used my Ion or eNVy.

i didnt notice any chops are anything when i used one, his may have been running low on lube :)

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

So P.E. would hire a person like you to do customer relations? I call bullshit or you are just shitty at doing your job.

#16 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

that joke flew wayyy the fuck over your head.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users