• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeabajuice

Jeabajuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hey guys. I want to get a new barrel for my tippmann x7 phenom. I only play woodsball and scenario and I'm looking for more accuracy bit at the same time, some good range. (I understand you can't have both at its best). I use paint given to be by the field.
Thanks!

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Well, a different barrel won't change the accuracy, and the paint's only gonna fly as far as the FPS it's shot at; basically a 300fps shot from one barrel will fly the same distance as a 300fps shot from a different barrel. You can put an Apex tip on a barrel to give the paintball some backspin, which will increase the max range by about 50 feet over a normal barrel. However the max effective range isn't much better than a regular barrel anyways, unless you play in heavily wooded areas where you can't arc up your shots for distance.

Basically, don't worry about getting another barrel unless you're putting an Apex tip on your gun.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

First off unless a barrel has metal burs or is dirty it will shoot the same as every other barrel. A new barrel is really not a necessary upgrade. That being said if you are Really set on getting a new barrel that increases range look into the Apex 2 barrel. It is much much softer on Paint than the Flatlne and doesnt cost near as much. I would recommend a length of 12 or 14 inches.

Edited by Soldier of Fortune, 06 December 2012 - 01:53 PM.

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#4 Jeabajuice

Jeabajuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

So the apex 2 tip will increase the range?

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yes, but not in a "it just shoots farther" way. The Apex tip gives the paintball massive backspin, which has the benefit of creating lift and giving it more of a flat trajectory compared to a non-backspin paintball. However, because of this spin, it also slows down more quickly, but the backspin keeps it in the air. So while it will travel farther, at longer distances the paintballs are moving comparatively slowly, and have a smaller chance of breaking, at least in my experience. I'm sure with really good paint, you could get the longer shots to break.

IMO, the best use of an apex barrel tip is for when you need to shoot flatter, rather than long distances.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 06 December 2012 - 02:15 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#6 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yes but I'm guessing if you are playing rec ball you are not exactly shooting the most brittle paint around. So even IF you were to hit someone within that extra range the chances of it actually breaking is slim. If you are set on getting a new barrel just get something like the Lapco Bigshot Assault to make your gun look cool. Then if you need 50 more feet, move that much closer to the target.

#7 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

When I had a X7 I used either a APEX barrel or a NULL CF Deadlywind Barrel

#8 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

In my opinion the flatline that tippmann made for their markers is great; low profile, cheap, long range but it is fairly rough on paint so you cannot use any brittle paint.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users