• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 imempty

imempty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I just want feedback on nt11 reliability, alot of people say they shoot like a dream others say they break down every time you play.

So here is my question, if I maintain and clean this gun after every day of play (which I do with my PRR already) will it work reliably for me?
Also how hard is it to fix if or when it does break? could I do it myself with a maintenence kit?

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

What reliability? Even if it did work it's a piece of crap, its got a rough shot, its loud and the efficiency is nothing to shout about. Theres a reason they're so cheap.

Other than ergonomics I'd argue your Rail is better.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

yes it'll work. The gun is underrated but there are still alot better guns for the money.

#4 imempty

imempty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

What guns are better?

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

99% of anything else, literally just take a pick from anything in you're price range and it will be better. Just steer clear of Ego's, for NT money they will be crappy too.

#6 imempty

imempty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Dye nt's used are 400-500, is there anything better for that price?

#7 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

You could get a new Axe, or for a little bit more, you could get a used G6R

#8 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

2012 Alien invasion used is around that price!

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#9 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Reflexes and rails are boss. The dye guns are just proto gun with a little bit better ergos and branding

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#10 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

You can get a dm7-9 for 300-500
Marq 7
BL Vice
Maybe a used geo
Alien Invasion
Axe
G6R can be had for 500-600

Just my 2 cents

#11 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

99% of anything else, literally just take a pick from anything in you're price range and it will be better. Just steer clear of Ego's, for NT money they will be crappy too.

you are on high powered crack.

NT11's are hit or miss. some seem to work great, others not so much. I personally feel that much of it is user error, while others could be legitimately design flaws.
egos are GREAT guns. every single year ego that has come out has been amazing and it'll work for weekends on end. egos are easily the most bullet-proof guns ever made.

if you want a Dye gun, just play it safe and pick up a DM series marker.
the NT doesn't give you much benefit over the DM line of markers. Also, they happened to be some of the most reliable spool valve guns on the market.

Edited by Pakistani, 08 December 2012 - 12:40 AM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

NT11's are hit or miss. some seem to work great, others not so much. I personally feel that much of it is user error, while others could be legitimately design flaws.
egos are GREAT guns. every single year ego that has come out has been amazing and it'll work for weekends on end. egos are easily the most bullet-proof guns ever made.

the NT doesn't give you much benefit over the DM line of markers. Also, they happened to be some of the most reliable spool valve guns on the market.

Whether or not my crack is high powered is a different matter. If a gun is $1500 its not good enough to be hit or miss, if they were any good you wouldn't be able to get them for $400 now. Any Ego for $500 is going to be crap, they're just electronic Spyders with a screen in them. Only one worth it is the 11.

#13 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Reflexes and rails are boss. The dye guns are just proto gun with a little bit better ergos and branding

And an LPR and different solonoid....

#14 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Whether or not my crack is high powered is a different matter. If a gun is $1500 its not good enough to be hit or miss, if they were any good you wouldn't be able to get them for $400 now. Any Ego for $500 is going to be crap, they're just electronic Spyders with a screen in them. Only one worth it is the 11.

So what do you like? Lol

#15 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

While i do think NTs look sexy, I don't see the point of it versus a relfex rail. They both have the ultralight frame, yeah your get a regulator with a nicer cover, but in terms of performance, you don't get much if anything extra. If you are set on a dye gun dm10s are $500, and Ive seen the DM11 go for $600. Otherwise, the guns listed above by others for similar price will work better. I would stick with your relfex rail or go with something a bit different, like a g6r. thats just me tho

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#16 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

oh, you're one of those guys.
yea, an ego is a spyder with a screen. nailed it.

Posted Image

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#17 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

oh, you're one of those guys.
yea, an ego is a spyder with a screen. nailed it.

Posted Image

They feel pretty much like a Spyder to me. If there is any difference the extra $800 PE was asking for an Ego 9 over an Electra isn't anywhere near worth it.

#18 imempty

imempty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

On the topic of spyder electra's
I owned an 09 electra right before my prr, the gun drained a 9 volt battery in under one day of play, weighed 3 something pounds, and clanked every time it fired,
oh, and also the gun shook itself apart, literally, you had to locktight the grip frame screws or else the guns top half would seperate from the bottom half in the field.
I hated that gun.

#19 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Cooky only likes tippys

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users