36 replies to this topic

#1 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

I have douche friends. Sure let's all hang out and play cod then go to youth group, but let's not invite Dave. Yeah let's all go skiing, but not invite Dave. How about we have a new years eve party but not invite Dave. Welcome to my life. Seriously it's not funny guys. I have lived here my whole life, yet I seem to not really be close friends with anybody here. Meanwhile, at my cousins house, when I'm with his friends it's like I've known them forever. Only when I spoke up about it did it change, and even then it hasn't changed much. It was happening before this group of girls came to our youth group. I could understand it before, they had known each other for a very long time and so had I, but was it the age difference, was it that I didn't act the same way they did? But since these group of girls came to our youth group, well I was put back even further on the back burner, so I spoke up about it. I said what I needed to say but they denied doing it, it's been better since, but only by a tiny bit. It still happens, like I said earlier they invite everybody but me. It's frustrating, depressing, aggravating, and saddening. All I want to be is close with these guys, yet it seems like every minute I'm drifting farther apart. What makes me even madder is that they talk about doing stuff in my face but don't invite me. And I'm the kind of guy that doesn't invite myself too things so it's worse. "And I wished you well as you cut me down." - Holland Road by Mumford and Sons

There will probably be more coming. But you know what friends....

Posted Image

Just needed to get it off my chest.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 08 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.

.I never know what to put in these things.

#2 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

As shitty asit sounds get new friends
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#3 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

As shitty asit sounds get new friends

Here's the thing I can't really get new friends, I'm stuck here.

#4 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Just give them the tip.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#5 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

do this at the next meeting...

Posted Image

#6 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

I know how you feel man, I've been that guy also. The one people don't have a problem with, but the one who is also never sought out.

Best advice is to forget about those guys, do what makes you happy and try to meet new people who want you around.
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#7 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Just give them the tip.

#8 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I know how you feel man, I've been that guy also. The one people don't have a problem with, but the one who is also never sought out.

Best advice is to forget about those guys, do what makes you happy and try to meet new people who want you around.

Yeah I would for sure, but I can't I'm stuck with my friends that I have right now.

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I had the same problem. But for me it turned out that there was just one guy that didn't like me and everybody else would just go along with it when he suggested to leave me out. I tried not to get all pissed, believe me it was hard, and just kinda act like it didn't bother me. Eventually this kid rubbed my friends the wrong way, and I took it upon myself to get rid of him. Everything was fine for a while until eventually I found new friends and left my old ones. Now I'm out of high school, and I don't even see those guys very much anymore.

What I'm trying to say is you're going to outgrow friends sometimes, and while it seems difficult, you gotta put yourself out there to make new ones. Sometimes you can work it out, but sometimes you just gotta move on. If you're unhappy, you have every right to go be happy, and don't let some douche friends get in the way of that.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Just give them the tip.

#11 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yeah I would for sure, but I can't I'm stuck with my friends that I have right now.

How do you mean stuck? Can't you just not hang out with them anymore?

imo, moving on from people is a much easier process than being slowly cut out.
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Shit on your friends.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#13 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Just give them the tip.

Shit on your friends.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 07 December 2012 - 09:54 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#14 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I that guy love me or hate me I dont give a fuck. Just do whatever makes you happy. Might I reccomend seducing a female member of your youth group and winning in that way? Posted Image

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#15 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

How do you mean stuck? Can't you just not hang out with them anymore?

imo, moving on from people is a much easier process than being slowly cut out.

I could but then I don't have any other friends to hang out with.

#16 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I am actually quite surprised right now. After youth group I kind of invited myself over to play cod since they were going to play Zombies. I just wanted to see what the zombies and stuff looked like on Blops 2. I guess they don't like it when I play zombies because I have my own strategy that only really works if everybody will do it. But they have their strategy as well so I was doing mine and they were doing theirs, well I had to keep going over to where they were to revive them. Well at the beginning some of them were being douches. The funny thing is that I actually had to revive them multiple times and then they weren't talking then lol. The next game we played a new map and I was telling them about all of the stuff on the map and that's when one of my friends said, "I don't like playing with Dave." Which I found kind of hurtful because I was helping them out a crap ton. Anyways I was getting a ride home with one of them (he's not a douche) and I guess I was being really quiet or something so he asked me if everything was all right. And I said yeah everything's fine and that I was thinking. He asked me if he had done anything wrong and I said no and he asked me a few more questions if I was alright and stuff. We kind of got talking about girls a bit which I found odd because nobody talks to me about girls besides my cousin. And he said that they might be going down to Tennessee to a church because we know a guy in our church who could hook them up with a bunch of girls in his wife's church. Which I thought was really odd because normally I wouldn't even hear about something like a trip like that. When he dropped me off at home he said that if I needed anything to just give him a shout and he hoped I wasn't thinking of anything too serious. I dunno it was a weird night, and I cried myself to sleep.

#17 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Only advice I have to give to that is to cut your losses.

#18 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

All it really takes is one friend that is in your corner to help you get out of this situation. It sounds from your last post that this particular friend does care about your feelings so I would work with that and maybe you both can meet new people and ditch the so called "douche friends". And go meet some new girls, guys are just dick heads at your age anyways.
Cake Bakers United!

#19 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

All it really takes is one friend that is in your corner to help you get out of this situation. It sounds from your last post that this particular friend does care about your feelings so I would work with that and maybe you both can meet new people and ditch the so called "douche friends". And go meet some new girls, guys are just dick heads at your age anyways.

Haha thanks for understanding! Yeah he seems to care about my feelings which is very nice, at the same token he is the nicest person to everybody lol. He is best friends with all of my "douche friends" so I don't think he would ditch them. They only seem to be douches to me though, like I'm inferior, but they aren't douchey to each other. Even like the tone of their voices maybe half of the time, it's like I'm an annoyance to them. But I can tell I'm not but the way they talk and the tone say that I am. But I can tell that I'm not. It's weird I don't know how to explain it lol. The trip to Tennessee would be him, and 2 of my other douchey friends probably.

#20 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Guys like that who seem to be nice to everyone are typically only nice to the douche bags because it's in their nature. As long as there is one person that wants you along for the journey then I say fuck the rest of them. Go on the trip and be the one that is the highlight with the new people you meet and show them why you should be part of the pack so to speak.
Cake Bakers United!

#21 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Guys like that who seem to be nice to everyone are typically only nice to the douche bags because it's in their nature. As long as there is one person that wants you along for the journey then I say fuck the rest of them. Go on the trip and be the one that is the highlight with the new people you meet and show them why you should be part of the pack so to speak.

Yeah but heh I don't think I was really invited lol. And for something like that especially if they are not organizing it, then I don't want to invite myself.

#22 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Meh, sometimes you just have to invite yourself if you really want to be part of the crowd. I think you will find in time that there is actually very few "douche's" in your crowd but likely just one or two that influence everyone else and in the end they will be the one's with no friends.
Cake Bakers United!

#23 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yeah for sure, I agree with you. When they do stuff most of the time it's very open I just don't get the invite and I don't want to impose. But for that trip, I am in no way going to invite myself.

#24 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Dont take this the wrong way, but is it possible youre the problem? Every chance in the world this is a groud of asses. Yet you still need to make sure youre not the overbearing annoying guy they actually have a right to avoid.

Like in your post about playing COD. Maybe they enjoy just playing casually, and you dont realize that all your blabbing about maps and such gets old after a while. Just saying dont always assume that everyone else is an ass. Sometimes its better to look at your own actions first.

Edited by WeAre138, 09 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#25 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Dont take this the wrong way, but is it possible youre the problem? Every chance in the world this is a groud of asses. Yet you still need to make sure youre not the overbearing annoying guy they actually have a right to avoid.

Like in your post about playing COD. Maybe they enjoy just playing casually, and you dont realize that all your blabbing about maps and such gets old after a while. Just saying dont always assume that everyone else is an ass. Sometimes its better to look at your own actions first.

I have looked at my own actions, I have changed them so that I try to be as nice as I can. I wasn't really babbling about maps at all, they do like to play casually and so do I, but theirs is a different kind of casual gaming. I think the main problem is that I am younger than them so they count me as inferior, but only by a few years. For example in some conversations I actually know a lot about the topic and they are all talking, when I get a chance to talk they don't listen to me or they say I'm wrong and interrupt me. When they are the ones who I know for a fact are wrong.

Don't worry I didn't take it the wrong way :)

Edited by Woodyballer29, 09 December 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#26 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Sounds like its time for new friends good sir. Its tough but itll be worth it in the long run.

#27 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Sounds like its time for new friends good sir. Its tough but itll be worth it in the long run.

Quite possibly, I'm thinking that they are just waiting until I turn 16 or something so they think I'm more mature, but idk just a hunch I have.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 10 December 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#28 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Quite possibly, I'm thinking that they are just waiting until I turn 16 or something so they think I'm more mature, but idk just a hunch I have.

If thats the case then wait it out for a little bit. But be prepared to move on, it will be better in the long run, I had to do the same thing.

#29 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

If thats the case then wait it out for a little bit. But be prepared to move on, it will be better in the long run, I had to do the same thing.

Yeah I think that's what I will have to eventually do. I'll stick with it for now, then see if anything changes by the time I am able to comfortably move somewhere else.

#30 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Wait, you are not 16?

I have been in your boat before my good sir,and I believe "Time heals all wounds."

Although as for the present, try to do the thing that scares you the most or that which you would never do. Of course as long as it is within the law and your moral standings.

From experience I know that by breaking out of your shell you may find that there is more to be had and to be learned. Honestly I still struggle with this daily myself but after so asking myself so many times "Why not" or "What would have happened"? I learned to take the leap of faith and see where it takes me. Always have a backup plan in case it all goes to hell.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#31 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Wait, you are not 16?

I have been in your boat before my good sir,and I believe "Time heals all wounds."

Although as for the present, try to do the thing that scares you the most or that which you would never do. Of course as long as it is within the law and your moral standings.

From experience I know that by breaking out of your shell you may find that there is more to be had and to be learned. Honestly I still struggle with this daily myself but after so asking myself so many times "Why not" or "What would have happened"? I learned to take the leap of faith and see where it takes me. Always have a backup plan in case it all goes to hell.

Thanks, ironically one of my youth leaders kind of shared on this topic on Friday!

#32 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

i never ran with a pack when i was in middle school or high school... and still dont to this day... never had any really close friends growing up.. i did the youth group thing at my chruch, but never really fit in... i spent most of my time after school doing homework, reading books, going mountain biking... i never socialized much with the people i did school sports with... it took a while to realize this, but once i accepted it i was able to be happy with myself... i am just a loaner... i can make friends fine, i have a couple close friends now that i've met though paintball, but at the end of the day, i am happy just being my own best friend...

if you can get to this place with yourself, then you will have a much easier time getting there with others... before other people can really accept you as a friend, you need to be able to accept yourself... if they view you as the awkward kid who is uncomfortable in his own skin, they wont accept you into their group... they may be nice, but the "pack" senses your insecurities, and they feed off it... its just a pack animal dynamic, and yes, humans are pack animals, for the most part...

for example, we tease you nthe chat room about the whole "just the tip" thing, because its funny and it gets you riled p a bit... but its all harmless teasing... but the reaction you give in the chat room may be the reason this group doesnt want to hang out with you all the time... i am not trying to be harsh, hell, i was that socially awkward kid up until college... i was really in your face about my passions, talked all the time about mountain biking.. i even annoyed thehell out of my family i talked about it so much.... but, once i grew into my skin, toughened up a bit... and acepted myself for who i was, i became much less socially awkward... and to be honest, i dont really care what other people think of me, either you like me or you dont, either you want me to be around, or you dont... doesnt matter to me... for instance, the gus i work with at the mountain... i know i annoy the shit out of them talking about my time in the stan... but fuck them, some one asksme about the war, i'll tell them... if you go through your whole life worrying about what others say and think, and how they feel about you, or weather or not they want to be friends, you will never develop any real relationships with people...

so, my advice? put on your big boy pants, thicken your skin up, and if you really want to be apart of this group, give them a reason to want you in the group... not trying to sound harsh, but thats how groups like this work, you have to give them a reason to want you around... by being yourself... and if this group ends up not wanting you around, find another... its not as hard as you think...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#33 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

i never ran with a pack when i was in middle school or high school... and still dont to this day... never had any really close friends growing up.. i did the youth group thing at my chruch, but never really fit in... i spent most of my time after school doing homework, reading books, going mountain biking... i never socialized much with the people i did school sports with... it took a while to realize this, but once i accepted it i was able to be happy with myself... i am just a loaner... i can make friends fine, i have a couple close friends now that i've met though paintball, but at the end of the day, i am happy just being my own best friend...

if you can get to this place with yourself, then you will have a much easier time getting there with others... before other people can really accept you as a friend, you need to be able to accept yourself... if they view you as the awkward kid who is uncomfortable in his own skin, they wont accept you into their group... they may be nice, but the "pack" senses your insecurities, and they feed off it... its just a pack animal dynamic, and yes, humans are pack animals, for the most part...

for example, we tease you nthe chat room about the whole "just the tip" thing, because its funny and it gets you riled p a bit... but its all harmless teasing... but the reaction you give in the chat room may be the reason this group doesnt want to hang out with you all the time... i am not trying to be harsh, hell, i was that socially awkward kid up until college... i was really in your face about my passions, talked all the time about mountain biking.. i even annoyed thehell out of my family i talked about it so much.... but, once i grew into my skin, toughened up a bit... and acepted myself for who i was, i became much less socially awkward... and to be honest, i dont really care what other people think of me, either you like me or you dont, either you want me to be around, or you dont... doesnt matter to me... for instance, the gus i work with at the mountain... i know i annoy the shit out of them talking about my time in the stan... but fuck them, some one asksme about the war, i'll tell them... if you go through your whole life worrying about what others say and think, and how they feel about you, or weather or not they want to be friends, you will never develop any real relationships with people...

so, my advice? put on your big boy pants, thicken your skin up, and if you really want to be apart of this group, give them a reason to want you in the group... not trying to sound harsh, but thats how groups like this work, you have to give them a reason to want you around... by being yourself... and if this group ends up not wanting you around, find another... its not as hard as you think...

Hmmm interesting. The tip thing in the chat though, I know you guys are teasing me, I get teased alot so yeah, I'm used to it lol.

I don't know how to explain this so here it goes. I have my big boy pants on, I can honestly say that I have matured way more than I have in the past 2 years than I have in my entire life. I know that they accept me. I can do my own thing but I enjoy it more when I am with friends. I seem to make friends fine.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 10 December 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#34 reflexowner

reflexowner

Unicorns eat tacos!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

LOL THE VIDEO!

#35 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

You'll find guys better suited for being friends. I mean, I guess something happened when I got to high school, but I've just taken life more seriously. I'm no the kind of guy that wants to go drink and break into houses to party. I love being social, but I don't feel the need to glorify sex and alcohol in high school to do so. I've found friends that accept me for who I am, and they're awesome to be around. My old friends say I act like an old man, because I argue with a cool head, speak with a mature tone and vocabulary, and just take life more serious. I guess I try to carry myself with class, and people don't like that.

Be yourself; you'll find people who like you for who you are.
Posted Image

#36 pbcallahan40

pbcallahan40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

does anybody else realize that that is not the middle finger?
yes pancakes are very good:)

#37 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

does anybody else realize that that is not the middle finger?

Yes I know...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users