• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheMason

TheMason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I was in the process of doing some work to my pm8 the other day, replacing O-rings, etc, because my gun wasn't shooting/firing and I was worried it might be bolt stick, a noid issue, etc. Ultimately figured out it was a noid issue, and got that resolved.

Then I turned the pressure up on on my reg (stock) because my gun was shooting at 150 fps, potentially too high, and the gun started spewing air out of the front of the gun and through the feednack (I did not have my hopper on) at a high rate. Also, while the gun was firing the bolt did get stuck, UGH, so I went and re-lubed everything.

Anyway - any ideas on what I need to do to fix the air leak issue? First time that has happened to me.

Thanks,

M

Edited by TheMason, 08 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Sounds like the hpr is turned up too high. What is the lpr set at, and the dwell? Do you also have a fresh battery?

#3 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Set the LPR at three turns out, reset the board, and adjust the HPR until you get a good fps reading. This usually works for me, then you can mess with the dwell settings and stuff like that afterwards to give it a better overall shot. Good Luck.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#4 TheMason

TheMason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

Sounds good... will do, thanks.

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

The board eats battery and often the dwell needs to be rest after.

If the pressure is cranked too high often you blow out the top hat inner oring. Which will cause massive barrel leaks.

#6 TheMason

TheMason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

The board eats battery and often the dwell needs to be rest after.

If the pressure is cranked too high often you blow out the top hat inner oring. Which will cause massive barrel leaks.

Yeah the top hat inner O-ring was blown out. I lowered the LPR down to square one so that the bolt would be pushed out by simply putting the tank on, then increased the pressure gradually until the bolt slid back into place ready to fire. I did this after I lowered the pressue on the reg (since that caused the issue to begin with), and then gently worked my way back up to get consistent fps by tweking the LPR and reg.

I also set my dwell at 20, and left my trigger sensitivity at 5. The battery was never the issue, that was new, so I wasn't worried about that.

Thanks for the help.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users