2 replies to this topic

#1 amp3d

amp3d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

hi fellas!
New to the forums, but I've spent quite a lot of time reading posts and learning about things so I thought now is a great time to sign up!

I just placed an order from my local PB shop for a new Azodin Blitz. They didn't have any in stock, but should have it in any day now.
That said, I didn't notice until today that the blitz has a 2009 and 2011 version released. Looking at the website, I'm not sure what the store is actually ordered for me. Is there a way that I can tell when it arrives if it's the new 2011 version? Is it on the packaging? Are 2009 versions still available for purchase?

Thanks for your time!

#2 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

hi fellas!
New to the forums, but I've spent quite a lot of time reading posts and learning about things so I thought now is a great time to sign up!

I just placed an order from my local PB shop for a new Azodin Blitz. They didn't have any in stock, but should have it in any day now.
That said, I didn't notice until today that the blitz has a 2009 and 2011 version released. Looking at the website, I'm not sure what the store is actually ordered for me. Is there a way that I can tell when it arrives if it's the new 2011 version? Is it on the packaging? Are 2009 versions still available for purchase?

Thanks for your time!

Sorry to come in so late. I would imagine that it'd be incredibly unlikely that you'd get a 2009 blitz. The main thing to look for that would be different would be to unscrew the regulator seat from the bottom all the way until it pops out. If it's a single piece, you definitely have a 2011. If it's in two pieces (a black adjuster and a gold seat), you either have a 2009 or a 2011 manufactured between fall 2010 and May 2011. I'm not sure you're going to be able to tell a difference between the markers if it has an old-style regulator seat. I believe the board changed but there's no physical sign I can think of. Perhaps our local Azodin Tech can step in if it turns out you have a two-piece reg seat?
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Now I've just had another thought about how you could tell the difference between a Blitz with the old style regulator and the new rocksteady regulator. If your regulator allen wrench is the same size as your backcap velocity adjustment, you have the new rocksteady regulator. Only the old style regulator would use the larger allen wrench. That will save you from taking the reg seat all the way out if you struggle with removing the lock ring like I do.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users