• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

So i just bought a Planet Eclipse Etha and setup for this marker is a Tippmann ssl200 and Ninja 48/3000 tank. First off i am a budget baller because of college so which one needs to be upgraded first? I was thinking about getting a Pinokio Hopper or a Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber tank?

GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 Custom, Tippmann Project Salvo, Azodin Kaos - Black, Tippmann Tipx(SOLD), Planet Eclipse Etha(SOLD), GOG Enmey - Freak Green and JT Z100 Pistol(WHY NOT!)

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Tank first. Buy used.

#3 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Ninja Tank first. Trust me a decent hopper and great tank is better than the other way around, trust me.

#4 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

ok thanks alot guys this really helps

GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 Custom, Tippmann Project Salvo, Azodin Kaos - Black, Tippmann Tipx(SOLD), Planet Eclipse Etha(SOLD), GOG Enmey - Freak Green and JT Z100 Pistol(WHY NOT!)

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#5 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

This depends on your play style and how much you like your gear. Ask yourself these questions:

How much do you shoot in a game?

-If you feel like you will ever shoot more than 450 paintballs before heading back to refill the tank, I would definitely upgrade the tank. However, instead of going straight for the top of the line ninja, I would just get the ansgear tank with a ninja pro reg on it. This will save you about $40 and will give you more money to play or to spend toward a better loader.

Do you ever have any problems with your current loader?

-As long as it feeds at the consistent rate that you require, gets good life off the batteries, and doesn't jam, then there is no reason to upgrade the loader. Other cool options rather than the pinokio are the new Empire Scion, the Invert too. The pinokio's cool, but it's shell seems a little flimsy and is very high profile and has a good chance of taking a hit when coming out to snapshoot. However, if you need the nosecone attachment- which is incredibly cool and intimidating especially to walk-ons, then the pinokio is a good choice.

If you are happy with both of the equipment, I wouldn't bother upgrading either as long as it does what you need it to do.

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#6 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

you said to get the pro reg. Will the pro reg actually make that much of an efficiency difference in 48/3000 tank?

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

If you just bought it, give it a few months before you start throwing things away, get you'r moneys worth. Its better to spend the cash you have in you'r hand now to play with you'r gear, than get in an endless cycle of buy, upgrade, buy etc and never use anything.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

you said to get the pro reg. Will the pro reg actually make that much of an efficiency difference in 48/3000 tank?

The Pro reg won't. The bottle holds the air.

The reason why people say Pro reg is because it twists so you can get the fill nipple and gauges where you want them.

#9 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

oic ok. I was looking on ansgear at ninja tanks and i notice that the grey ghost ninja tanks were like $10 less than the standard black ninja tanks. What is the difference between them?

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

oic ok. I was looking on ansgear at ninja tanks and i notice that the grey ghost ninja tanks were like $10 less than the standard black ninja tanks. What is the difference between them?

Just the black coating. Why not buy used? It is much cheaper.

#11 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

The Pro reg won't. The bottle holds the air.

The reason why people say Pro reg is because it twists so you can get the fill nipple and gauges where you want them.

plus it says "Pro"

#12 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

i have thought about. i just worry about getting a tank with a leaking regulator or something like that

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#13 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

If the hopper keeps up then keep that one and buy a larger tank

#14 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

If you just bought it, give it a few months before you start throwing things away, get you'r moneys worth. Its better to spend the cash you have in you'r hand now to play with you'r gear, than get in an endless cycle of buy, upgrade, buy etc and never use anything.

But thats how I get all of my gear cheap... ):

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users