12 replies to this topic

#1 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Im looking to find a marker to shoot for the 2013 season and im leaning towards spools. During 2012 I shot an axe with an ultralite kit, nano feedneck, and boss bolt and I loved every bit of it. I also ran a z2 and ninja 68/45 and ended up shooting 7-8 pods per game (brought out 5 or six plus the loader).
I was looking to get a used high end spoolie in the 800-900 dollar range after I sell my axe or trade the axe with cash to a high end spool. Out of a marker I value a smooth and quiet shot, it needs to feel good in my hands, and I actually value how it looks and it needs to work for a year. With all that in mind and how I have always been a dye fanboy, I thought of a dm12 w/ bw bolt but I'm still not set this is the best option to go with. I like the luxe geo 2/2.1 a lot but they are gas hogs and the geo 3 is still out of budget.
Dm12's go for about $750ish used and with the billy wing bolt thats smack dad in the middle of my price range (about). I just want to mainly make sure this is going to be an upgrade over my old axe and the dm12 will last me through the 2013 season, as well as the dm12 is something that has a smooth shot and is reliable.

Just a note I have held and shot a dm12 (as well as almost all high end markers at the local fields) but not a dm12 with a bw bolt in it. Im also going to the proshop tomorrow if that changes anything. Roll tide.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#2 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

If you can get a dm12 for an affordable price then buy it. The dm12 and dm13 are the exact same except for the milling and color combinations.

#3 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Given what you are looking for I say go DM, you are looking for quiet and soft which writes off the Geo2/2.1 as they are probably one of the louder and least quiet spools (still hands down my favorite spool) May also want to look at possibly getting a Clone, V2s and VXs can be had for a pretty decent price and are great shooters.

#4 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

If you can get a dm12 for an affordable price then buy it. The dm12 and dm13 are the exact same except for the milling and color combinations.

Ya I saw that too

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#5 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

2013 Vanguard Demon. I've been nothing but happy with mine. Truth be told, it's probably more marker than I need, only thing I thought could be nicer was the trigger, and maybe newer electronics. The newer board is really just a "might be nice", I do find the stock trigger a little clunky, but the marker itself it great.
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#6 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just shot a dm13 today and it was really nice. Being that the 12 and 13 have the same internals im pretty much set on the dm12. I also have one more question, I have a z2 but when I get a dm12, should I trade the z2 for a rotor? I hear rotors are pretty much indestructible but they can be finicky with paint so im not decided on that either.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

2013 demon

#8 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

2013 demon

Meh I hear a lot of people say demons shoot like butter but I just cant afford a 2013 new or really want to spend the time looking for a used 2013 demon because thats the only year I would consider getting to be honest.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Considering you want smooth, quiet and ergonomics I wouldn't bother to look at anything but the DM12 in you'r position.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

i say go DM and by the way http://www.google.co...,r:14,s:0,i:129

#11 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

i say go DM and by the way http://www.google.co...,r:14,s:0,i:129

:dodgy: :dodgy: Thanks anyway :dodgy: :dodgy:

Edited by Master_Chief, 11 December 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

MacDev Clone GT?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Im looking to find a marker to shoot for the 2013 season and im leaning towards spools. During 2012 I shot an axe with an ultralite kit, nano feedneck, and boss bolt and I loved every bit of it. I also ran a z2 and ninja 68/45 and ended up shooting 7-8 pods per game (brought out 5 or six plus the loader).
I was looking to get a used high end spoolie in the 800-900 dollar range after I sell my axe or trade the axe with cash to a high end spool. Out of a marker I value a smooth and quiet shot, it needs to feel good in my hands, and I actually value how it looks and it needs to work for a year. With all that in mind and how I have always been a dye fanboy, I thought of a dm12 w/ bw bolt but I'm still not set this is the best option to go with. I like the luxe geo 2/2.1 a lot but they are gas hogs and the geo 3 is still out of budget.
Dm12's go for about $750ish used and with the billy wing bolt thats smack dad in the middle of my price range (about). I just want to mainly make sure this is going to be an upgrade over my old axe and the dm12 will last me through the 2013 season, as well as the dm12 is something that has a smooth shot and is reliable.

Just a note I have held and shot a dm12 (as well as almost all high end markers at the local fields) but not a dm12 with a bw bolt in it. Im also going to the proshop tomorrow if that changes anything. Roll tide.

You sound like you want a DM12. I can tell you right now, if you get something different, you're going to probably be happy with it. Then in a month or two, want a DM12 again because that's what you originally wanted and knew you could of got. Just get the DM12. They feel nice in the hands, and shoot well. And they're tried and true and reliable, that gun has been around for like a decade now...

And I might be wrong, but isn't the BW bolt for the DMs just a red version of the stock bolt with a rubber tip that doesn't improve anything really because DMs are already plenty soft on paint?.. And not a single person can even tell I am rocking a $100 red bolt while I am playing... I'd rather spend the $100 towards blow and strippers.

And I would just stick with the z2 since you already have that unless you really want a rotor and you can trade it at no cost for a rotor in good shape. But the z2 is lighter, not going to break on you, and you've used it for a season and I am sure it still works fine. And you already have it...

Edited by Kirko017, 13 December 2012 - 12:06 PM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users