7 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

I got a Disruptive Jersey and Disruptive pants, which I feel are similar to the Planet eclipse ones in terms of where all the padding is. I was practicing and got my clothes extremely dirty; how would I go about washing them? I highly doubted that I could just throw them in the washer then dry them in the dryer, unless I'm mistaken. I was going to go outside and just hose it clean; it was only dirt that got on it anyways.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 pykim01

pykim01

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

hose em down to get the real thick mud/dirt/grass off then throw it in the wash cold/cold then air dry
just smile =)

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

You can wash your gear in the washer, and then hang it up to air dry, just make sure you pay very specific attention to the settings, and check them every single time you wash your gear. You want cold water, and you want the GENTLE wash cycle. I ruined an awesome pair of 2010 PE pants because someone before me had used the Heavy Duty wash setting, and I didn't make sure to set it to the Gentle Cycle. :angry:

#4 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

You can wash your gear in the washer, and then hang it up to air dry, just make sure you pay very specific attention to the settings, and check them every single time you wash your gear. You want cold water, and you want the GENTLE wash cycle. I ruined an awesome pair of 2010 PE pants because someone before me had used the Heavy Duty wash setting, and I didn't make sure to set it to the Gentle Cycle. :angry:

either your PE pants were utter shit, or something else happened in the wash.
why would the "heavy duty" wash cycle damage pants that are meant to slide around in the grass, dirt, and mud?

just put the pants in the wash. i always make sure the water's on warm(not hot), but i doubt that matters.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

either your PE pants were utter shit, or something else happened in the wash.
why would the "heavy duty" wash cycle damage pants that are meant to slide around in the grass, dirt, and mud?

just put the pants in the wash. i always make sure the water's on warm(not hot), but i doubt that matters.

Nah, the PE pants are great, they were damaged because I'm extremely anal retentive about my gear. Were they still useable? Yeah, I'd say so. But I'm way too anally retentive about my gear being in immaculate condition, and in my eyes, they were no longer immaculate, therefore I didn't want to use them anymore because I considered them damaged, even though they really weren't. They have hip padding in mesh pockets inside, with a very thin fabric strip attaching the mesh pocket to the inside of the pant leg, to keep the padding in place. It ripped out the stitching keeping that strip of fabric in place, which means the mesh pocket got all twisted around and bent up the padding inside of it. I believe it also ripped one of the mesh pockets, so the padding might have fallen out at some point, but I doubt it would've fallen out. It also washed away some of the color, and I think it made a tear or two. But, basically, it wasn't so much the fact that they were damaged beyond repair, because they weren't, they were sill very usable, I'm just stupid like that, and didn't want to use them. So, in my eyes, they were ruined, but I'm sure you would've seen it differently. :D

If you had pulled the pants out of the wash on a heavy duty cycle, you probably would've shrugged off the damage and kept using them, and I doubt you would've found anything to complain about, as I'm sure they'd continue working great. But I didn't like what I saw, and if I don't like what I see, then I won't use them.

Edited by TK-421, 11 December 2012 - 01:28 AM.

#6 808maui

808maui

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

I wash and dry all of my gear after every time I play. Use the same settings on the washer and dryer that I would use on regular clothes. Have been doing this for about two years and nothing bad ever happened.

KAMEHAMEHA

Bob Long Vice

Dangerous Power G3
808 State

#7 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I don't wear padding so I don't have to worry about this like u do suckaz! (with a z cuz that is wat the hip kids be doin homie)

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

^Fo shizzle homeslice?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users