• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FictionalDan

FictionalDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey everyone! I'm Dan and brand new to TechPB.

I started playing paintball back when I was 14 but school, family, budget and a host of other reasons kept me from the sport.

Now that I have a full-time professional job, i can afford to start playing again. I've put together a budget baller setup and I want some feedback on it.

Marker: GOG eNMEy with PE OOPS asa and macroline
Mask: V-Force Profilers
Hopper: VL Revolution (mech guns = cheap hoppers :P )
Tank: Ninja 48/3000 with cover
Pack: Angel Sports 3+6 (Seriously, this is the coolest-looking pack I've ever seen)

I'm leaning more to making the jump into the warm and gooey speedball world again but want to hone my skills using a mech. Saving money on paint is a plus too.

So. Thoughts? Comments? Jokes? All would be very welcome

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Get a superloader now, it saves you money in the long run.

Get a Ninja 4500psi tank with a pro reg. the cu. size is preference. 3000psi tanks are a waste of money in my opinion.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Space-Invader

Space-Invader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

yo will find that the 3000 (as im sure you already know) is pretty heavy unless you dont mind. You can find decently priced IN HYDRO 4500's on craigslist and on here if you look hard enough. Ive owned a pair of Profilers and they're great masks but if you have a tinted lens the tint(film) wont last more than 10 uses/ cleanings.
I would HIGHLY recommend getting pants and knee pads. They are life savers 4 sure.
Anyways, welcome to to TechPB! (no im not new my account was deleted btw ;))
Proud Christian Baller- Phillipians 4:13
Soccer and Paintball are BANGIN like a BISQUIT
Reppin for the Dope Fresh Nation SAAN!
The one and only Shadow Alchemist - *FMA*

#4 FictionalDan

FictionalDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Thanks gentlemen.

For pads, I'm wondering if i can run down to home depot for some carpenters pads for my knees. I have some lacrosse arm pads that i think i can use as well.

As for the loader, I'm thinking of sticking to mechs for the forseeable future as the whole "accuracy by volume" schtick seems so wasteful and unskilled to me. I might look into something like a Pinokio down the line, though.

The tank is definitely something I'm planning on upgrading ASAP. My GF wanted to go with me last time so i gave her my old spyder and bought her a tank and some JT Spectras, using up the last of my fun money. And I know that keeping her happy and outfitted will trickle down to me. :)

What are your thoughts about playing speedball with a mech? My rationale is to train myself into shot discipline and movement and not rely on ROF.

Again, thanks. I love the paintball community.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you really want shot discipline I would recommend a pump. People play airball with mech's and pumps all the time. I would still VERY HIGHLY recommend an superloader, it saves you the monies down the road, and will be more reliable and such. You can get away with volleyball knee pads (I do) I would reccomend getting paintball elbow pads, because they have thumb holes to keep them on your arms during slides. (I play lacrosse, and my elbow pads don't stay in place that well)

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

An invert too isn't a bad option either

#7 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

If you really want shot discipline I would recommend a pump.

If pump is an option to you and you want a generally inexpensive pump gun I recommend the Azodin Kaos.
As far as a hopper goes I think that the Invert Too and Pinokio are the stepping stones before super loaders.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#8 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

As far as pads go I have an awesome solution for your knees. Volleyball knee pads, they fit nice and snug and have great padding. Those will work perfect until you get new knee pads. When my old pads got destroyed and I was waiting for new ones to come in I rocked the v-ball pads like a boss. Everyone was pretty J :P. I like your mech set up tho bro, like everyone is stating, when upgrading first get an awesome (in this order) mask, tank, hopper. Welcome back to PB bro, hope you stay for a while!!

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#9 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Get a good, used speedball gun, you'll get bonus balled like crazy if you don't. You can program your markers board for semi-auto in order to practice like you want and then once you feel ready, you are already good to start shooting ropes.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users