• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Space-Invader

Space-Invader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

"this thread again..." shut your mouth peeps! Every other team thread ive seen is near useless soooo new thread! :P So ive been playing rec-ball for about 1 an 1/2 years now and bla bla bla...thing is, i have the equipment and skills and so do my friends (5 of us) and we want to make this thing official. HOW? Sure, ok say we hit up Raza life and get some ridiculously expensive custom made jerseys made but then what? I beleive the next step would be to enter a Tournament but what about a coach? do we need one? And what division has our age/skill level/group in it? Do we need sponsors? If so, how to get them without having tourney experiance. And if we somehow did get a sponsor-how would we promote them-make MORE jerseys with their logo on it? I mean theres not a frickin guid book on how this ish works ya know....so plzz pb folks help a kid out will ya?
Proud Christian Baller- Phillipians 4:13
Soccer and Paintball are BANGIN like a BISQUIT
Reppin for the Dope Fresh Nation SAAN!
The one and only Shadow Alchemist - *FMA*

#2 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

you don't need sponsors, but its nice to have them. same thing goes for a coach.
honestly instead of getting custom raza jerseys at first, just get matching jerseys from empire, valken, dye, or whatever your field sells for the time being.
start out in d4 or d5 or by playing local tournaments and then work your way up

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#3 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

When I looked at joining/starting a team I thought you had to do the following. After you had dedicated members of course.

Go to this site and register: http://www.paintball-players.org/

Go to this link and create your team http://www.paintball...bin/newteam.cgi

Get matching shirts with numbers or something(although I don't think this is a requirement).

Register for events and pay your monies. B)

Go to events and play.

Edits:

For website just use a facebook page you create for the team or something.

In regards to sponsors blah, I say forget about them until you start getting publicity and let them come to you.

But I am biased in regards to this and would only represent a sponsor who feels like family. For me that would be my Home Field and a few select non paintball related stores.

Mind if I ask what part of Texas are you in because I was curious to look at your local event.

Edited by sonicx059, 11 December 2012 - 07:10 PM.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Coaches and sponsors are not necessary, but can help. If you want a coach, just ask some of the older guys that have tourney expirience, or have been in the game a long time. Most companies will have a sponsorship application on there page, but local proshops and fields will give the best sponsorships. For A jersey, get matching jerseys from Dye, Valken, ect. Or get custom long sleeve t-shirt from custom ink or whatever. As for tournies, start with local D5/4 tournaments and go up.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

Sloths are the best animals evar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Where in Texas are you?

Edit: never mind I'm blind

Edited by A&MPBaller, 11 December 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#6 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

get 5 buddies and go play an event. you are now a team.

don't over complicate it man. dont worry about jerseys, coaches, etc.
all of that comes in time and you kind of just fall into it. really.
If you start doing well, pursue some kind of sponsorship with your field. your field owner will be able to talk you through everything if you play at a somewhat decent field.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#7 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hey bro, read this and it will tell you everything you need to know:

http://socialpaintba...g-sponsorships/

As far as sponsors go, help out the field you will practice at, thats the best sponsor in the world. Here in Germany we help out a field by cleaning and teching markers, and also cleaning the entire field after practice. For this we get Draxxus Bronze for 30 a case and free field and air (20 a person). Our team consists of 14 people so thats a huge savings. There is nothing better than helping your local field, I'm telling you they will end up being the best sponsors ever. As far as a jersey we went with a company that was just getting started so we got a mad discount from them. Just do a lot of research around your area and you will be sure to find a good deal for your team. Enter in small local events from there and see how you guys do, get your name out there. You will be surprised how people want to talk to you when you start winning. Then enter in a local league, this will help you get established. My team started playing in small events, now we play in the DPL and will be playing in the Millennium event in Bitburg, Germany this 2013 season. We also do dues ($40 a month) so all of your tournament and event fees are paid for so we don't have to fork out huge piles of cash every tournament. Good luck to you bro, with good leadership and determination your team will go far. Most of all remember you are creating this team to have fun on a competitive level :).

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users