6 replies to this topic

#1 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hi, I am really interested in getting a DAM. Not many reviews out there and the few that are floating out there, even fewer have any info on efficiency, shot quality, etc. I was wondering how it did compared to higher end guns such as a V2 Vic, DM 12 or 13, Ego, etc. Also, are there any problems with balls or FS chopping? And any things you may like or not like about it worth mentioning.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

theres no point in comparing a DAM to other guns because they have 2 totally different uses.
it would be like asking, what should i get? a microwave or a toaster?

the DAM is meant to be used for tactical/combat sim type paintball. other guns are just your typical paintball guns.
if you want to get into the whole combat sim aspect of playing scenarios and stuff, then go for the DAM. if not, then get a normal gun.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

theres no point in comparing a DAM to other guns because they have 2 totally different uses.

the DAM is meant to be used for tactical/combat sim type paintball. other guns are just your typical paintball guns.
if you want to get into the whole combat sim aspect of playing scenarios and stuff, then go for the DAM. if not, then get a normal gun.

I think you are wrong there. A regular gun is judged based on performance imo. Combat sim guns have traditionally been poor shooters, but have added utility such as being able to shoot first strikes, tac rails for sights or a metadyne undermount, etc. I and I think other ballers have wanted the best of both worlds. I don't subscribe to any one style of play and I think a lot of newer ballers are with me. Besides why should a combat sim gun not shoot and perform as well as a high end? Especially for the price of some of these high end milsim guns. The DAM is made by DYE who also make high end guns. So I don't think it is odd at all to see how this gun compares to them.

Also the great thing about scenario play is that you really don't need any certain type of gun. There is no right or wrong way to play in a scenario game. I have attended several and I have never seen such a thing. There are players of all shapes and sizes with pumps, pistols, milsim, mag fed, high ends, etc.

Edited by voad, 13 December 2012 - 01:54 AM.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#4 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

It is a high end marker in a milsim package BUT To strike on what Pakistani said, It is a mil-sim marker therefore you can only really use it in mil-sim scenarios . I have seen one in person and I have read about it and in my opinion ,it is not truly useable in speedball (INB4 Mike's DAM speedball video) . It would be best to just buy a high end so you can use it anywhere.

Anyways , The bolt is the same as a DM/Rail so I'm guessing that it shoots very similar to them.

Posted Image

#5 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

I think you are wrong there. A regular gun is judged based on performance imo. Combat sim guns have traditionally been poor shooters, but have added utility such as being able to shoot first strikes, tac rails for sights or a metadyne undermount, etc. I and I think other ballers have wanted the best of both worlds. I don't subscribe to any one style of play and I think a lot of newer ballers are with me. Besides why should a combat sim gun not shoot and perform as well as a high end? Especially for the price of some of these high end milsim guns. The DAM is made by DYE who also make high end guns. So I don't think it is odd at all to see how this gun compares to them.

Also the great thing about scenario play is that you really don't need any certain type of gun. There is no right or wrong way to play in a scenario game. I have attended several and I have never seen such a thing. There are players of all shapes and sizes with pumps, pistols, milsim, mag fed, high ends, etc.

I didn't say it wasn't a high end. my point was that the DAM is specifically made to be a scenario/combat sim marker.
a typical gun is made to do it all. While you could use a DAM for speedball, it is probably last on the list of guns you should or could use. Alternatively, you can use a dm# for anything you want. theres nothing limiting you.

i wouldn't look down on anyone using a DAM, they look like super fun guns, but my point is that if you are looking for 1 gun that you can play any type of paintball with, the DAM isn't that gun.
if you are strictly a scenario/woodsball type guy, then def. get the DAM as i've yet to hear any complaints about it.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#6 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

This confuses me a bit. If it has similar internals then it should shoot just as well shouldn't it? That is all I am asking. And by a gun that does everything I mean a gun that can run any type of set up I'd like such as I'd like to play using FS and mag fed for woods ball or even a pump game is they allowed mag fed in a pump game maybe? Or just run a hopper set up with out the stock and play air ball, or run both and switch things up during a scenario. If it has similar internal to a DM than shouldn't they shoot the same, get the same efficiency, similar sound when fired, similar consistency, etc? And if that is the case the only difference is the lack of a double trigger and a slightly offset hopper. Besides that I would think it would be perfectly fine for speed ball or air ball. And those two factors wouldn't be too much of a hassle unless you are playing semi and then the single trigger will put you at a disadvantage.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#7 Roofie Liqueur

Roofie Liqueur

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I think you're better off with a Geo 3 and putting an Etha EMC kit on it.. You just can't shoot first strike rounds...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users