• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Skitzofrenic

Skitzofrenic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

I have a pinokio and I have to say it's worked great for the most part but I am slightly disappointed in it. For a loader of this caliber I would think a few things would be different. For one a tool less dis assembly. Most of the top end loaders can be taken apart and cleaned. Also with as thick as the plastic it is should be extremely sturdy. I'll just let you know why this has bothered me so much. I have had my pinokio less then a year. 3 cracks in it. Just from being hit in the loader. One of them is right where a screw sits so I'm afraid to even disassemble it unless I have a new shell. It's big really big. I get hot in the loader a lot, which I'm sure is leading to the cracks. And its not thee speed there getting hit at, my field cap is 285. I want to get a new loader.

I wonder if I should replace the shell of the pinokio, gewt a fresh new one and see if it makes more then a year or look into getting a new more technologically advanced marker.

If you guys had to choose between the 3 what would you get. New shell for the pinokio, a Z2 prophecy or the new virtue Spire. Please don't recommend the Rotor I have seen to many issues and there just shit in my opinion. Out of the 3.
Current Set up:
Marker - Empire Axe
Hopper - Pinokio
Tank - Critical custom 68/45
Mask - Proto - Pro Axis

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

The Z2 is better than the Spire in my opinion because everyone I've talked to that had a Spire didn't like the way the paint fed. It can get piled at the front of the loader depending on your stance while shooting. It really comes down to aesthetics with the high end loader, but I would retire the Pinokio unless you're playing woodsball, it just feels too big to be practical in airball.

#3 xSilent

xSilent

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I would say Z2, simply because it's a system that most paintballers can be used to, you put batteries in it, and it works. Haven't had any problems with mine. The Spire, as stated before, some people dislike some features. Being that it is new, there are going to be some little kinks Virtue can work out, but it's also a very solid loader. The z2 has pretty much everything you dislike about the pinokio. smaller profile, stronger shell, and tool less. The only grief i have with the Z2 is the small capacity, but I personally don't notice it.

I would say Z2, simply because it's a system that most paintballers can be used to, you put batteries in it, and it works. Haven't had any problems with mine. The Spire, as stated before, some people dislike some features. Being that it is new, there are going to be some little kinks Virtue can work out, but it's also a very solid loader. The z2 has pretty much everything you dislike about the pinokio. smaller profile, stronger shell, and tool less. The only grief i have with the Z2 is the small capacity, but I personally don't notice it.
DeGeo3~z2~NinjaPro68/45

RUTGERS PAINTBALL

#4 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I honestly hated my Z2, was a pain to dismantle, lids/speed feeds never stay closed, felt cheap, looking down into the loader the tray doesn't cover the electronics, nose traps paintballs, you need to tip your gun back to get the last 3-4 to roll back.

#5 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

id take another look at the rotor. i dont know what issues you've "seen" but i can tell you that i've seen 100's upon 100's of users use them with no issues. I have no doubts in my mind that the rotor is the most popular loader in the PSP with z2 being second. and im not talking about pro teams, im talking about guys who aren't obligated to use any loader.
personally, I've had 3 rotors and none of them have ever jammed on me. the only exception was a batch of paint that even made prophecy's jam that day.

use quality paint and you wont have problems at all.

i'd recommend the spire as well, but it might be best to wait for Virtue to release a "version 2" design to fix some of the kinks.

Edited by Pakistani, 12 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#6 Skitzofrenic

Skitzofrenic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I've seen rotors break and break and break. Just refuse to work. It might be my field but in this small town this is the only place to play. It's sand and when I say sand I mean finer then beach sand. I use the pinokio because I do play woods ball but hopefully by fall of 2013 we should have our airball field up and running. Owner is working on inflatables as we speak and the ground needs to leveled and a new parking lot is going to be made. Just needs the tools to do it. But as of right now this pinokio has been slightly disappointing.
Current Set up:
Marker - Empire Axe
Hopper - Pinokio
Tank - Critical custom 68/45
Mask - Proto - Pro Axis

#7 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I've seen rotors break and break and break. Just refuse to work. It might be my field but in this small town this is the only place to play. It's sand and when I say sand I mean finer then beach sand. I use the pinokio because I do play woods ball but hopefully by fall of 2013 we should have our airball field up and running. Owner is working on inflatables as we speak and the ground needs to leveled and a new parking lot is going to be made. Just needs the tools to do it. But as of right now this pinokio has been slightly disappointing.

that sand is probably what's causing the problems. speaking from experience.. it could also be the paint you field buys.
it sounds like you play at a smaller field and a lot of times, smaller fields typically order cheap paint. nothing wrong with that, cheap paint can be good, but rotors and cheap paint dont always mix.
again, that might not be the case, just noting a trend i've seen over my years playing.

if rotors dont seem to be working in your area, i'd pick up a Z2. i wouldn't necessarily say its better than a rotor, but its a damn good hopper on its own right.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#8 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

that sand is probably what's causing the problems. speaking from experience.. it could also be the paint you field buys.
it sounds like you play at a smaller field and a lot of times, smaller fields typically order cheap paint. nothing wrong with that, cheap paint can be good, but rotors and cheap paint dont always mix.
again, that might not be the case, just noting a trend i've seen over my years playing.

if rotors dont seem to be working in your area, i'd pick up a Z2. i wouldn't necessarily say its better than a rotor, but its a damn good hopper on its own right.

It being cheap paint would make sense since its cracking your pinokio, that being due to the fact that its not as brittle as more expensive paints.
Ive only ever used a prophecy, and i can tell you they are kind of a pain to disassemble, and the spire is going to be alot easier to do so. Thats all I can offer from personal experience. Im not too versed in the problems people are finding with the spire. So thats up to other people to inform you of.

Edited by italian Stallion, 16 December 2012 - 07:31 AM.

As for the screen name, its a long story.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users