• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheMason

TheMason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

So I called Planet Eclipse and reach out to tech support because i bought a new etek 4 AM, and saw in the manual that you can use the emortal board on the etek 4 (as loang as it is AM); however, everything I've read says it only works on the etek 3 AM, and their site doesn't meantion the etek 4 AM either.

I mentioned this to the tech, and he was literally like "DUH, I don't know. There are some differences between the functional of the stock boards from the 3 to the 4, but I don't know if the existing emortal board would work or not."

Me: "But it's in your manual, what do you mean you don't know?"

Him: "I'm not sure. I don't know."

Me: "Thanks for the help buddy."

So now I'm half tempted to send the gun back.

#2 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Because someone was honest with you instead of bullshitting you thats bad Customer Service?

Ok.

Plus differences in boards is moot in modern guns.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#3 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Really? Not to be an asshat here, but you didn't know about the eMortal board, bought the marker, got an idea that you could use some other board that you didn't know that existed, called to get a better idea about it, was told that the person that it would not work (Which contradicts what the manual says) and you claim bad customer service? I think you have things a bit off. Sounds more the tech didn't know what he was talking about, which is surprising, than bad customer service.

#4 TheMason

TheMason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Really? Not to be an asshat here, but you didn't know about the eMortal board, bought the marker, got an idea that you could use some other board that you didn't know that existed, called to get a better idea about it, was told that the person that it would not work (Which contradicts what the manual says) and you claim bad customer service? I think you have things a bit off. Sounds more the tech didn't know what he was talking about, which is surprising, than bad customer service.

You're not being an asshat... I should have communicated that it was his attitude that was the bigger issue, tone, etc. That was the bad customer service piece. Rather than saying let me double check with someone else, or inform myself, so I can give you a coherent and factual answer. (which coincidentally I did get by emailing PE directly) - you can use the existing emortal board with the 4, as long as you increase the dwell by 1 ms.

I knew the emortal board existed, and already have boards on other guns I own, so that was not the issue. I was actually going to put a rampage board in the gun, but would rather put the emortal board in to keep the stock grips.

#5 TheMason

TheMason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Because someone was honest with you instead of bullshitting you thats bad Customer Service?

Ok.

Plus differences in boards is moot in modern guns.

No - it was the guy's attitude (which I failed to put in my original post). When someone calls me with a question, and I don't know the answer, I look it up for them, or tell them I will get back to them with the correct info - that is good customer service, and the way it should be done. I would never say, I'm not sure, I don't know and leave it at that... He failed to offer assistance. Hence bad customer service.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users