6 replies to this topic

#1 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I know a lot of us that play paintball also moonlight as engineers in the real world, so I thought this might be a note that others are also working toward, achieved this year, or achieved in the past.

Today I received notice that I passed my principles and practice exam and am now a licensed professional engineer. This was only about 12 years in the making (I took some time between taking my fundamentals exam and my PE exam). It is an absolutely tremendous Christmas present, better than any paintball equipment I might have thought to receive.

I hope everyone has similar success and happiness this holiday season. YAY!!!!!

Edited by unfated33, 13 December 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Awesome! I'm going for mechanical engineer so I hope I'll have news like this at some point. congrats man.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 13 December 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#3 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image Nice! That takes a lot of work and dedication. My dad is a Mechanical Engineer.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I know a lot of us that play paintball also moonlight as engineers in the real world, so I thought this might be a note that others are also working toward, achieved this year, or achieved in the past.

Today I received notice that I passed my principles and practice exam and am now a licensed professional engineer. This was only about 12 years in the making (I took some time between taking my fundamentals exam and my PE exam). It is an absolutely tremendous Christmas present, better than any paintball equipment I might have thought to receive.

congrats dude! FE was tough enough, i can;t imagine the PE
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Yeah, the PE was like the FE on steroids. I came out of the FE pretty confident that I'd passed, and scored well. I left the test room for the PE absolutely convinced I'd just failed. :) Good to know that I'm either smarter or luckier than I thought (I'll take either).
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#6 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Congratulations! I got my PE in April. I know it is a huge relief to be done. Did you take a study course or just self study?

#7 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, the PE was like the FE on steroids. I came out of the FE pretty confident that I'd passed, and scored well. I left the test room for the PE absolutely convinced I'd just failed. :) Good to know that I'm either smarter or luckier than I thought (I'll take either).

sometimes in engineering its better to be lucky then good ;)
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users