• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Ive been noticing alot of advertising showing the product and a player not wearing goggles correctly or not at all...not for nothing but it aggrevates me to see this stuff give new players the wrong impression to the sport. I know better than to take off my mask but monkey see monkey do...

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

which advertisements in particular? i know what you're talking about with things such as the JT splat master,
but with something like the DM13 poster where he's holding the marker across his chest i don't have a problem with it.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

If you're talking about the JT Splat master, they don't really have a high enough velocity, or mass to do a lot of damage to the face, which is why they only come with half face goggles to protect the eye, other than that, I don't really know what you're talking about as far as advertising goes.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

There was the advertisement for the Valken Backpack loader or whatever, but there was a disclaimer so they would be legally protected.

#5 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I saw a dye dam advertisement on facebook and was like dye wtf!!!

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

look, safety is YOUR PERSONAL responsibility, not the responsibility of the advertisers, not the responsibility of anyone else

if you're in the middle of an xball game, get shot out, lift your mask and get your face blown off, don't come whining to anyone saying "Well hurrr.... I saw a guy in this commercial without a mask hurrrrr"

Take responsibility as a adult, for your own personal safety. If you don't have enough common sense to understand that a commercial doesn't override the safety rules you see at the field, PLEASE go do something else like laser tag or ping pong or something.

Paintball has, and always will be an extreme / adult sport. If you're not at the age where you are capable of understanding how decisions on safety can affect you, you are ABSOLUTELY not ready to play a sport like paintball.

There is no hand-holding in paintball, take some responsibility for your safety, don't fap it off on what you see in some stupid video or commercial

#7 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

look, safety is YOUR PERSONAL responsibility, not the responsibility of the advertisers, not the responsibility of anyone else

if you're in the middle of an xball game, get shot out, lift your mask and get your face blown off, don't come whining to anyone saying "Well hurrr.... I saw a guy in this commercial without a mask hurrrrr"

Take responsibility as a adult, for your own personal safety. If you don't have enough common sense to understand that a commercial doesn't override the safety rules you see at the field, PLEASE go do something else like laser tag or ping pong or something.

Paintball has, and always will be an extreme / adult sport. If you're not at the age where you are capable of understanding how decisions on safety can affect you, you are ABSOLUTELY not ready to play a sport like paintball.

There is no hand-holding in paintball, take some responsibility for your safety, don't fap it off on what you see in some stupid video or commercial

Not the point. What about renters? They see it in movies and shit. And not only responsible adults play paintball abd even if all players were smart responsible people if you see other people doing it you'll assume it's fine too. They should at least have a good disclaimer or warning on the ads like "keep your mask on at all times" like beer companies have.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#8 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

I know there's a scene on I think it was House and Recreations (correct me if I'm wrong) where the actors are shooting each other with paintball guns without a mask. I'm pretty sure they did it for dramatic effect so people can see the actor's facial expressions when shooting each other... But still... It kind of gives the wrong impression.:tdn:

#9 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

the renters need to follow the safety instructions by the refs at the field.

Every single field I've played at, does a safety orientation for the new players and rental groups.

If you are not capable of following instructions, this is not the sport for you.

If you are using movies and advertisements as safety instruction, I'd start picking out a coffin and headstone this weekend.

#10 Telman11

Telman11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

All anyone in this world needs to do is display a little common sense and we would all be in a better place.
Too bad that seems to be a bit of a stretch these days. They should start putting disclaimers on everything saying
" Common sense required"
Feedback Hey laserlips... Your momma was a snowblower!

#11 cport

cport

Most Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

look, safety is YOUR PERSONAL responsibility, not the responsibility of the advertisers, not the responsibility of anyone elseif you're in the middle of an xball game, get shot out, lift your mask and get your face blown off, don't come whining to anyone saying "Well hurrr.... I saw a guy in this commercial without a mask hurrrrr"Take responsibility as a adult, for your own personal safety. If you don't have enough common sense to understand that a commercial doesn't override the safety rules you see at the field, PLEASE go do something else like laser tag or ping pong or something.Paintball has, and always will be an extreme / adult sport. If you're not at the age where you are capable of understanding how decisions on safety can affect you, you are ABSOLUTELY not ready to play a sport like paintball.There is no hand-holding in paintball, take some responsibility for your safety, don't fap it off on what you see in some stupid video or commercial

Not the point. What about renters? They see it in movies and shit. And not only responsible adults play paintball abd even if all players were smart responsible people if you see other people doing it you'll assume it's fine too. They should at least have a good disclaimer or warning on the ads like "keep your mask on at all times" like beer companies have.

Mike wasn't trying to say that only adults play paintball, but rather thats who it has always targeted. Younger demographics can play, however you must have a certain level of maturity. I can't speak for Mike, but thats what I got from it. Also, Having a disclaimer to me is ridiculous. When have disclaimers for alcohol or tobacco ever been effective. People still drink and drive, inhale cancer into their lungs. So are we trying to cover these manufactures asses, or are we trying to keep our sport safe, and out of the media for some 12 year old losing an eyeball. I think that safety should be a much bigger issue to these companies than it is. If something does go wrong on the field, disclaimer or not, it's their potential customers they are losing.
My Feedback
Posted Image <-------This is how the Army makes me feel every day!!!

#12 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

^^^ i hate to compare it to movies and firearms and what not.. But someone down the line will see this and may no be thinking about not wearing thier mask conciously. Although i know its not the responsibility of manufacturers or anyone else besides ourselves. It really needs to be in the mind of these advertisers when they put thier flyers and advertising out into the publics view.

I get what your saying mike.

Our sport is a great one but id hate for a negative spin to its safety throw its awesomeness down a toilet.

#13 recreationalpb

recreationalpb

Member Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Its doesnt come down to the advertisers and the movies. New kids play how they see the "pros" (kids at their field with nice stuff who seem to know what they are doing) play. If you go to your field and always play safe and keep your mask on the new kids will say hey lets do that. If you go to your field and start taking your mask off because you know when its okay to on the field but then tell new kids that they can't they will blow you off and do what you do and take their masks off. Who actually sees and watches paintball commercials unless you've played at least once? most of the time the commercials are meant for people who already play the game. Its not up to the companies its up to you and me.

#14 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

personal safety is just that. personal safety.
It isn't a companies responsibility to make sure everybody wears masks responsibly.

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

My point is simple-

I wouldn't want to learn firearm safety by watching The Matrix

I wouldn't want to learn how to skydive by watching Point Break

I wouldn't want to learn how to drive by watching Fast and Furious

See the point? If you are using things that are meant for entertainment purposes only as you source of education, you need to sit back and think twice about what your doing.

At every field, they tell you "When you are on THAT side of the net, you never lift your mask. If you are on THIS side of the net, you must have your barrel sock on"

After hearing that, if you lift your mask on the field, and get an eye shot out and tell me "Well I saw Sarah Jessica Parker do it in Failure to Launch, so I thought it was ok...." when at the safety orientation, they told you "Don't ever lift your mask on the field.... ever!", you're not going to get much sympathy from me.

And if you are not capable of following simple, basic instructions, not only is paintball a bad idea, 99% of all activities are a bad idea. Because if you can't understand that lifting your mask on the field is bad for you eyes, than someone telling you not to skateboard on the interstate isn't going to sink in either.

Everything you see on the TV, or on Youtube is for ENTERTAINMENT purposes only. You need to take responsibility for your own personal safety.

There are times, that I wear my mask in the pits because I see to many people working on guns and I don't feel safe with so many guns dryfiring and shooting without barrel socks around me. What you see on TV, doesn't override the hands-on instruction and guidance of a professional or instructor.

#16 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

First after Mike!
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#17 bigschank

bigschank

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

My point is simple-

See the point? If you are using things that are meant for entertainment purposes only as you source of education, you need to sit back and think twice about what your doing.

At every field, they tell you "When you are on THAT side of the net, you never lift your mask. If you are on THIS side of the net, you must have your barrel sock on"

After hearing that, if you lift your mask on the field, and get an eye shot out and tell me "Well I saw Sarah Jessica Parker do it in Failure to Launch, so I thought it was ok...." when at the safety orientation, they told you "Don't ever lift your mask on the field.... ever!", you're not going to get much sympathy from me.

And if you are not capable of following simple, basic instructions, not only is paintball a bad idea, 99% of all activities are a bad idea. Because if you can't understand that lifting your mask on the field is bad for you eyes, than someone telling you not to skateboard on the interstate isn't going to sink in either.

Everything you see on the TV, or on Youtube is for ENTERTAINMENT purposes only. You need to take responsibility for your own personal safety.

There are times, that I wear my mask in the pits because I see to many people working on guns and I don't feel safe with so many guns dryfiring and shooting without barrel socks around me. What you see on TV, doesn't override the hands-on instruction and guidance of a professional or instructor.

Well said.

#18 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

My point is simple-

There are times, that I wear my mask in the pits because I see to many people working on guns and I don't feel safe with so many guns dryfiring and shooting without barrel socks around me.
What you see on TV, doesn't override the hands-on instruction and guidance of a professional or instructor.

The bolded part.

Honestly, I believe it should be 100% mandatory on any paintball / airsoft field to wear some sort of Safety Glasses when present in the "Safe" zone.

#19 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well it's hard to get a reputable person to promote your product then put a mask on him. You might as well use anybody around. Also some companies don't make masks so why promote another company in your ad?

It's like saying to sell a car the person sitting in it should always be buckled up in the ad, whether driving or just in the showroom. I know when I handle my pb gear in a safe zone I don't wear a mask.

#20 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

the renters need to follow the safety instructions by the refs at the field.

Every single field I've played at, does a safety orientation for the new players and rental groups.

If you are not capable of following instructions, this is not the sport for you.

If you are using movies and advertisements as safety instruction, I'd start picking out a coffin and headstone this weekend.

sig'd
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users