• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WalrusOfDeath

WalrusOfDeath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Right now I've got around $120 to buy new gear and cant decide if I should save up ad get a decent speed ball gun or go pump since I can save a ton of $ on paint. I've heard you can make a cocker into a pump for relatively cheap so I'm open to suggestions there,

#2 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

1. Do you want to play speedball?

2. Do you want to play with a pump marker?

3. Do you already own your own mask?

Yes to #1, buy a speedball marker. Yes to #2, buy a pump marker. No to #3, buy a mask so you can stop using a rental mask before you even look at a marker.

With a budget of $120 I have to ask, if you buy either can you even get out and play after a marker purchase?

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I am assuming you already have a decent mask, tank, and pod pack, so I would recommend a trilogy pump with a primo or any other gravity fed hopper.

a used trilogy runs about $75, a new primo is about $15 or you could get a plain VL 200 for about $5. with the grand total being about $80-$90 leaving you $30-$40 for paint and air.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'd save about 80 more bucks if you can and then make the tough decisions, used sniper from $150-200 range or Phantom... both amazing entry level pumps, that will last you as long as you play, or until you decide to leap into the upper echelon of "high end" pumps

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#5 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Used Snipers a dime a dozen on MCB and PBN. Just run it with Co2(If you lack an HPA tank) and a gravity hopper, and go have fun.

#6 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I like what NPpballer said. But if you're looking for more of a stock class marker to save as much money as possible on paint, I'd go find a used phantom.

#7 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

What about possibly getting a used VSC phantom,and the buying a center-feed body to make it open class?(or vice versa if you get one already OC)

#8 Patar

Patar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

All I have to say is that you can play whatever fields and whatever game types you want with any marker.

Personally, speedball is more fun with a pump to me. you can't just sit behind one bunker and shut down a lane. You gotta play aggressive and really go for those kills, be sneaky (going through snake with a pump is awesome haha) and play smart.

That said, you've got a ton of options. Phantoms (mainly stock class) are typically really easy to work with. They're reliable and easy to understand.

Autococker pumps really aren't that hard to wrap your head around but to get them working as best as possible takes some tinkering and sometimes some upgrades.

If you just want to play, look for a used phantom or an already setup autococker pump.

if you want a gun that you could really personalize to all your preferences, I'd really push for the autococker. I picked up a Nightkast autococker pump from here a while back and have been tinkering with it and have some upgrades coming in pretty soon. Pretty much just tweaking it exactly how I like it, and when I'm done it may look like a $250 marker but it will shoot like a marker double the price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users