• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pbstripes67

Pbstripes67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Im looking for a good budget gun but i dont know what to get. I like what i hear about the GOG Extcy but i dont really know about the other guns. Plz leave your choice and why. Thnx!!!

#2 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

EXTCy - Beefed up ion and is an almost flawless gun, my only hate on it is the asa with the fitting out the side and that's really nit picking

Rail - An ion with tripled amout of o rings with Dye's name on it

G4 - p.o.s.

Grab an eXTCy
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#3 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

I haven't picked up a G4 because of their quality control issues and out of box problems. For $300 and under, I think most people would agree that the best choices are the 2011 Rail and Extcy. Check out my comparison review on those 2 markers below.

In Depth Comparison: GoG eXTCy vs. Dye 2011 Proto Rail

#4 Scirca

Scirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Extcy = Ion on steroids, you might get a few giggles here and there on the field, but it's a really great gun, with lots of features, and the people at the field won't be laughing when they get it up the butt.

Rail (I own this gun) = A flawless gun. It's idiot proof, you get some of the perks of owning a Dye gun (color coded o-rings for the "hard of thinking", Dye CS is imho the best CS out there), comes in a bunch of colors, just a great gun overall.

G4 = I guarantee you'll be the laughingstock of the field on the days you go play. Not only will people be laughing at you, when you have the opportunity to shoot them and shut them up, the G4 will fail you.

So between Rail and Extcy:
Pro's of Extcy:
Hard Case
Can easily change color
On/Off ASA
BlackHeart board is pretty badass, tbh

Rail:
Dye CS
Color coded o-rings
Eye pipe
Hyper 3 reg

Even though it pains me as a Rail owner to say this, Extcy is the best bang for your buck right now.

If you can go for it, though, I've heard a lot of good things about the Etha, so.

Edited by Scirca, 19 December 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#5 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Extcy = Ion on steroids, you might get a few giggles here and there on the field, but it's a really great gun, with lots of features, and the people at the field won't be laughing when they get it up the butt.

Rail (I own this gun) = A flawless gun. It's idiot proof, you get some of the perks of owning a Dye gun (color coded o-rings for the "hard of thinking", Dye CS is imho the best CS out there), comes in a bunch of colors, just a great gun overall.

G4 = I guarantee you'll be the laughingstock of the field on the days you go play. Not only will people be laughing at you, when you have the opportunity to shoot them and shut them up, the G4 will fail you.

Pro's of Extcy:
Hard Case
Can easily change color
On/Off ASA

Rail:
Dye CS - GOG CS is much easier, can fill out RMA info online they do not require you to call in
Color coded o-rings - GoG bolt engine has 3~4 - O rings kinda idiot proof
Eye pipe - I've seen a lot of broken Eye pipes from Dye... kinda a $20 subscription annual fee from dye if you own any of their markers lol
Hyper 3 reg - GoG reg is a Luxe reg which uses a spring and not these annoying shims you have to put in a exact way or it wont work

Even though it pains me as a Rail owner to say this, Extcy is the best bang for your buck right now.

If you can go for it, though, I've heard a lot of good things about the Etha, so.

just saying in blue
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#6 paintball_is_a_passion

paintball_is_a_passion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Im looking for a good budget gun but i dont know what to get. I like what i hear about the GOG Extcy but i dont really know about the other guns. Plz leave your choice and why. Thnx!!!

the extcy is the best out of the three and has very nice stock parts. i would reccomend it 100%.
tucker t

#7 paintball_is_a_passion

paintball_is_a_passion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Pro's of Extcy:
Hard Case
Can easily change color
On/Off ASA

Rail:
Dye CS
Color coded o-rings
Eye pipe
Hyper 3 reg

dont forget the max flow r reg on the extcy it has similar parts as the reg on a luxe
tucker t

#8 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I would get the extcy or a mini. I love both my ion and ny mini.

#9 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Rail for front or mid, extcy for mid or back, g4 for pits with some Allen keys

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#10 paintball_is_a_passion

paintball_is_a_passion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Rail for front or mid, extcy for mid or back, g4 for pits with some Allen keys

both of these guns are good for front back and mid it doesnt really matter what possition u play
tucker t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users