• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chi-townSniper

chi-townSniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Well, Its been a while since ive been on techpb, and its been even longer since ive played a game of paintball. Of course, this saddens me, but ive had more important things to do and not enough money. but anyway...A while ago, I brought up the discussion of making a scope cam, and alot of people were interested, but no one had experience in making one with the things i had, so recently a friend and i took some time, bought some basic materials and put one together. I had seen professional ones for cameras and such, but im a do-it-yourselfer, so i went ahead and tackled this project. Since I dont have a digital camera, i decided to center the scope cam around my iphone, (which might be silly to bring out on the field....but oh well). I most likely wont be using this for paintball but more pellet guns and airguns anyways, so this platform works. So to all people who might be interested heres my "prototype" Scope Cam.

Heres the assembled mounting system without the scope. (Hopefully I can get these picture to work.)

Posted Image

In that picture you basically see everything.
The materials are:
PVC pipe to fit scope
Plexiglass
liquid nails (Or something similar that i found in an old toolbox)
and almighty duct tape. For fitting, and removing jagged edges.

Another view, from the back

Posted Image

The duct tape going through the tube is there for a reason. It both keeps the plexiglass to a tight fit and ensure a snug fit at the other end with the scope

Here what it looks like with the scope on it.

Posted Image

And of course the view through the scope

Posted Image

Ya, thats it. Let me know what you think and if youve got any suggestions.

Spoiler

Edited by chi-townSniper, 16 December 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#2 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Nice work. I really liked the vids by people using these.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users